Is there any hope for this board?

Other urls found in this thread:

last.fm/user/turnyqx
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

pleb

I wrote that.

bro, this has been a containment board since its conception. it was always trash to keep out the normies. Also this makes you a normie for ever thinking otherwise. (you in the picture)

idk man i just come here to shitpost and act like a retard.

But Sup Forums is filled with normalfags now. Just look at the catalog and count the number of threads for artists you hear on Top 40 radio.

i know this is an ironic post but it's so accurate for most of the people here.

>Just look at the catalog and count the number of threads for artists you hear on Top 40 radio.
This has been the case for 7+ years

the only era when Sup Forums wasnt a mix of underground and top 40 was when everyone only talked about metal

>This has been the case for 7+ years
It really hasn't, quit talking out your ass.

What a contradictory statement. If the plebeian/patrician paradigm had really taken root over here the recent poptimism trend would have never developed. Elitism is needed if one wants this board to be any good and not become like Sup Forums, where hundreds of users discuss Hollywood garbage as if it was the pinnacle of cinema.

/bleep/, /jazz/, /classical/ and /daily/ are the only non-normie music threads.

honestly i could give a fuck about that. It's just that most threads now devolve into people calling other people shills and Sup Forums and niggers and faggots because they're sharing an opinion on music that they disagree with.

There's no discussion anymore because people would rather just call you a faggot and move on because they don't actually care about discussing music, they're just here to waste time.

>become
Too late.

except most people think they're doing it ironically but are actually just twinky retards

case in point: you both

Death of lurk more culture caused this.

>you both

wtf did i do?

where did you find this post that i made

>people would rather just call you a faggot and move on because they don't actually care about discussing music, they're just here to waste time
This actually has always been the case though.

Not him but I'm only here for memes, shitsposting and the occasional cop in the sharethreads. Actual music discussion its difficult in this board

>Actual music discussion its difficult in this board
>I'm only here for memes, shitsposting and the occasional cop in the sharethreads

so you're the problem then

what's wrong with liking pop music? you fuckers listen to death grips and you feel insulted by pop? lol.

on Sup Forums? fucking retard

this, newfags these days are unbearable

nu/mu/ is pretty bad, we should become more like Sup Forums with the very occasional thread about a classic album and constant discussion of new things/what's to come, too much Sup Forumscore is bad since it makes newfags not lurk.

Waifu faggots could stay as long as they don't completely derail other threads like grimes fanboys do.

>constant discussion of new things/what's to come

2017 threads are always sparse in comments and die quickly unless they're made on the weekend. People here don't listen to new music, they just circlejerk about the same albums over and over again, then newfags come in and want to be part of the culture so they circlejerk on those albums and so the cycle goes.

>too much Sup Forumscore is bad since it makes newfags not lurk.

ya see Sup Forums has mods and Sup Forums doesn't

as horrible Sup Forums is, at least they're not Sup Forumscancer

really though does mu just have like 1 mod dedicated to it?

Things get taken down but it is waaaaayyyy too late, and they ban random ass shit.

Like I was given a short ban for posting a thread about a favorite album, favorite movie, favorite book, but then they let that gorilla guy go on avatar posting and spamming for months before he went away.

>he thinks Sup Forums is shit

Have you ever been to Sup Forums or /asp/?

this 100%

As someone that has been here for longer than I care to admit, this isn't the problem - this mentality existed here before people were using those words. The biggest problem that makes Sup Forums worst than it used to be (admittedly not by much but still noticeably shitter nonetheless) is that people don't want to discuss album outside of a small group. Everyone that tries to discuss different music from this will find they get few replies while everyone that does discuss these albums finds that everything that can possibly be said about them - without referring to work outside the umbrella of Sup Forumscore - has been already said.

You are new as fuck are delusional
The board's gotten way worse but for reasons entirely diffeerent from the ones you're imagining

>this mentality existed here before people were using those words.
Before pleb/patrician it was all just >2deep4u and >implying

>Everyone that tries to discuss different music from this will find they get few replies while everyone that does discuss these albums finds that everything that can possibly be said about them - without referring to work outside the umbrella of Sup Forumscore - has been already said.
Yep, been a problem since I first came here in 2008 too though

This. I've only been here for around half a year but I didn't even post for like the first month, most newfags don't even wait a day.

Bitch fuck off

I've been on Sup Forums for a daily basis for five years come this October. I've seen this thread at least once a week every week.

Nope

Shit like this is why elitism is necessary.

:^)

People don't even listen to Sup Forumscore.
The real problem is that consuming music is no effort, so the board gets flooded by crossboarders and newfags and their shitty forced memery and shitposting. This wouldn't be a problem as this is the usual nature anyway of most boards, but for some reason Sup Forums has it real bad where digging in the shit barely yields any diamonds.

Outside of this, it's pretty much what says, there's literally too much music out there to discuss and after a good amount of years being an archive-dwelling, SLSK-pillaging Sup Forumstant, your interests become so niche that it's very hard to find people to discuss shit with and the popular stuff (be it underground or Top40) has already been discussed to death. And even if new people try and have a discussion, a lot of the time they end up posting inane shit (which is fair I guess, music is quite hard to actually talk about outside of "this shit is cool, maybe you'll like this too") and just flooding the board with empty babble disguised as meaningful conversation. Given the nature of internet communities, people will, for the most part, just shit on each other's tastes and never bother to try and put actual ideas into words.

i go to parties, get laid, have friends, etc. im normie and proud, but also have good taste in music but i never talk about it irl like a sperg. feels good

How would Elitism stop people from ironically shitposting?

It was Crazyaga, what do you expect.

wow cringe

they do it for free

I've been here (Sup Forums, not only Sup Forums) like 4 years and I remember not posting for like 6 months on any of the boards I was interested in due to being afraid of being called a retard, took way more than that to make a single thread. People that just find and use this place to shitpost (like most of Sup Forums) should fuck off, I blame redditors that use this site as a way of "letting themselves go" for how awful the most popular boards are.

its an anonymous board why the fuck are you afraid of being called a retard???

And I guarantee even you 3 have little taste in common, no wonder only Sup Forumscore is discussed.

I've made like 5 threads since I got here, same

probably, hey supers!

last.fm/user/turnyqx

because most people in general prefer to be liked.

Lurk moar

I don't know, I now find shit like this funny but I wouldn't have liked to post that kind of stuff and get a ton of ironic replies like that guy.

>Very Low.

strong cosign

>Your compatibility with turnyQx is Low.
>You both listen to Kid Koala, Johann Sebastian Bach and James Brown.

anyone in this thread smoke weed?

lurk more

i dont. used to but im a much better and happier person now that i dont

>i never talk about music in real life like a 'sperg'
literally who the fuck are you dorks hanging out with such that talking about music would be considered lame? jfc

unfortunately this is true, any thread about non mu core or non hip hop dies pretty quickly, an example

Who is the american Kate Bush?

that just looks like shit b8 thread so I hid it

He might've done better without the meme post to start but I agree that they do die quickly.

honestly the hip hop ones that aren't kendrick or kanye die pretty fast. HHGs used to be pretty good but Young Thug and trap rap spam shitposters ruined those.

>implying americans can have as much talent as the british

>tfw cornwallis surrenders

Are their any boards that aren't containment boards? This whole website is for a containing autists.

>Are their
>website is for a containing autists

you kek'd me

Wow a whole month great job tyke.

Madonna probably.

bumb

Not while I'm around. ^-^

this. sadly even /chart/ has fallen to the normie indie fuckbois