Brazil is significantly worse off than Eastern Europe. People have lower income averages, third world tier poverty...

Brazil is significantly worse off than Eastern Europe. People have lower income averages, third world tier poverty, severely lacking in infrastructure, diseases, Sub-Sahara African rates of crime, rape, and murder. Despite all of this, Brazil has significantly less suicide rates than Eastern Europe or the Baltic States. Why?

Other urls found in this thread:

psychologytoday.com/blog/significant-results/201410/the-surprising-connection-between-intelligence-and-happiness
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because Brazil has a culture of partying and the weather is perfect for normies.

You need certain intelligence to realise how shit your life is

That isn't true at all. The higher your IQ, they happier you are. The inverse is also true, the dumber you are, the less happier you are.

There are levels of survival we are programmed to accept.

No it's not, brazil is way better than Western Asia .

I would have said the exact opposite, when you're dumb you don't really how shitty your life is, you focus on each day's objective (Example: Forrest Gump, he always happy despite going through a lot of shit, he focus on simple things like ping pong etc)

I think that the weather is a really big factor in the equation, also the Balkan have been shitty countries for a long time now, it's getting in their culture.

Better social life. Loneliness is seriously underrated in being a factor into suicide

The weather here is great, though. Also, ex-Yugo countries have lower suicide rates than France and some Balkan countries like Bosnia have lower suicide rates than Brazil.

Culture and sunny weather, also I read that race mixing (genetic variation) prevent some diseases (no joke)

You think are all inbred here or what lol

But if you're happy then you don't know that life is shit. Life is what you see of it, not what "is".

Brazil has a better social aspect and better weather. I also believe Brazil is more religious than the atheist slavs.

Eastern Europe and the Baltics have massive drinking problems, terrible weather and soviet infrastructure which makes everything gray and depressing.

> The higher your IQ, they happier you are

That's fucking bullshit. The more you intelligent the more you understand how fucked in the head our world and society are (not just country lol). What is the purpose of life? Why keep increasing entropy if you can quick and easy off yourself?

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. isn't an accurate representation of life in Eastern Europe.

psychologytoday.com/blog/significant-results/201410/the-surprising-connection-between-intelligence-and-happiness

higherIQ = likelier to feel happy and satisfied

Since this study was done in a first world country with an abundance of opportunity, you can argue that is doesn't apply to crippled economies or third world economies. And you could argue that higher IQs could end up unhappier than lower IQs because ''''''muh self awareness''''' in that environment because they don't have the opportunity to reach their potential, but there isn't any evidence that I'm aware of. I'd argue that lower IQs would still end up unhappier; any high paying job or high skill labor would be taken by the smarter people just like in first world countries, only now they there is far less opportunity. I don't understand this meme of "understanding" how fucked the world is when THEY ARE LIVING AND EXPERIENCING IT THEMSELVES. Who the hell cares about the purpose of life when you haven't eaten in three days?

so Brazilians have higher IQ than slavs? XD

The closer you get to the arctic the more suicide rates skyrocket. Greenland for example has the highest suicide rate in the world.

Because there is nothing to do

Northern Europe and Canada also have high suicide rates.

cold weather + miserable life = suicide

warm weather + miserable life = murder

Dont count balts and russia as north

Scandinavia has high suicide rates.

So does hungary

When you are neighboring the eternal r*ssian you tend to have suicidal thoughts more than usual.

So? All the countries close to the arctic have a high suicide rate, regardless of culture or economic conditions. Third world shitholes near the equator have some of the lowest suicide rates in the world.

Because there are no first world countries far from artic except for SK and Japan and they both have high rates

What exactly are you trying to argue? Are you denying climate has a effect on suicide rates or not?

>Sup Forums science

Yes

When you have to be afraid for your life every day you don't really feel like killing yourself.

So how you do explain third world shitholes close to the equator having low suicide rates.

marijuana and sun and beaches

What does age-adjusted mean here?

why are Portugal more suicidal than other south European countries? :/