What is our opinion? Is it going to be worth watching?

What is our opinion? Is it going to be worth watching?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It_(novel)
slashfilm.com/cary-fukunaga-it-exit/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It will be as bad as TFA.

trying2hard

also pennywise's shtick is luring people. how the fuck is it going to trick anyone looking like that

TFA was good

So Sup Forums will wildly overreact to it, but it will be a watchable, if highly derivative, movie?

only if they show the gangbang

This is a safe bet.

Not even slightly unsettling.
Tim Curry still scares me regardless of facial expression.

Well it will screw my adolescent memories harder than Ben screwed Bev, but it won't be the worst movie ever I'm sure.

No gangbang, no sale.

For the artistic integrity of course

Looks great, only a bluepilled scaredycat would say otherwise.

I'm going to be there opening night. Earlier if I can land tickets to the premier.

>Earlier if I can land tickets to the premier.
How does one go about doing this?

Lots of services, gofobo being one, and sometimes you can get tickets directly from the studio site, but I'm industry and know a few people working on it. Obviously you also have to be where the premier is held as well.

underrated.

Daily reminder this will be Insidious Conjuring Sinister tier

If it's that cookie cutter I will be slightly irked

Daily reminder that Finn Wolfhard not in Insidious, the Conjuring, or Sinister

>our
>we
>us

It will be just as good as the original, which means, not very.

It's just the meme clown preying upon the fears of people with the most boring, ordinary phobia there is.

All three of those, while not being brilliant, are pretty okay. As long as it's not Paranormal Activity bad, it will be just fine. Honestly, people need to take the nostalgia goggles off of the original. Curry was GOAT, but the series itself wasn't all that spectacular.

It was pretty good for a mini on ABC at the time especially compared to other TV movies but there is some huge room for improvement for sure.

Will be a better joker than leto was.

The original movie was beyond awful and sucked horse cock compared to the book. I mean a book about an antediluvian cosmic man eating evil got turned into a bunch of retarded kids playing hide and seek with a silly pedophile clown in the local sewers. Literally anything would be a fucking improvement.

It was a miniseries, not a movie.

I require them to show each child running a train of Beverly in the sewers for some reason and it helps them grow up

But instead of cumming for Ben and Bill she should cum for the nigger

Oh and pennywise jacking off in the corner while they do it with his big yellow eyes

I was younger than the kids in the film when I saw it.

I took showers with the curtain and door open for the next two years.

the real question is was he a spider or a drider

It was released as a single film on the VHS

The first half of the series was pretty spectacular, though

I would rather put up with the drider poster in every thread than you assholes.

Why did they give him those stupid Crow lines on his face? And why no actual red clown nose?

In 2 minutes I made him look slightly scarier in photoshop. He just looks all wrong.

That looks worse.

this design < Tim Curry < Eloise Cole

looks way better but still shit. the fact that they cast a kid is the big mistake.

yeah, he should have more of a Gacy body type and be in his 40s or 50s

Apparently, his costume is supposed to be somewhat childish and old-fashioned. Since he's supposed to be able to fool children into doing what he wants and he is also supposed to be an ancient monster, I would say it accomplishes what it set out to do.

In the original Pennywise looks to scary outright and looks recent. Like I keep saying for most of unreleased movies, I will withhold judgement until it comes out and I can judge for myself. I always give the benefit of the doubt cause I'm not an entitled and easily-buttflustered teen.

a grown clown can rape you, a child probably cannot

Kids rape each other all the time. Also he has whatever strength he needs.

>Kids rape each other all the time
maybe in your family breh

wasn't It described to look somewhat like Bozo in the novel? I might not be remembering properly plus I'm not sure how many different iterations of Bobo there are. Maybe this was just the kids approximating his look to something they knew.

Yes he's described as looking like Bozo. So both Bozo and new Pennywise have:

>Bald on top
>Orange hair on the side
>Red lines on the face

So looks to me like they nailed it.

this

>Giant Drider

I'm sorry, was Finn Wolfhard in any of those movies? No. You're argument is invalid. Pls kys

too bad he can't act. he might make a creepy clown

Why does he have a 5-head

People are forgetting it's just a promo pic as well so the spooks are being jammed up

I'll reserve judgment until I see new Pennywise in broad daylight smiling happily instead of menacingly in the dark. Tim Curry had an "edgy" Pennywise face as well and it looked silly compared to his normal Pennywise

Yeah, plus the photo in OP's post are apparently when he's in violator mode so I will reserve judgement

>On May 25, 2015, it was reported that Fukunaga had dropped out as the director of It.[75] According to The Wrap, Fukunaga clashed with the studio and didn't want to compromise his artistic vision in the wake of budget cuts by New Line, which greenlit the first film at $30 million.[76] However, Fukunaga maintained that wasn't the case; with him stating he had bigger disagreements with New Line over the direction of the story: "I was trying to make an unconventional horror film. It didn't fit into the algorithm of what they knew they could spend and make money back on based on not offending their standard genre audience."[5] He made mention that the budget was perfectly fine, as well as his desire to make Pennywise more than just the clown.[5] Fukunaga concluded by stating, "We invested years and so much anecdotal storytelling in it. Chase and I both put our childhood in that story. So our biggest fear was they were going to take our script and bastardize it [...] So I'm actually thankful that they are going to rewrite the script. I wouldn't want them to stealing our childhood memories and using that [...] I was honoring King's spirit of it, but I needed to update it. King saw an earlier draft and liked it."[5][6]

No, it won't. They also most had something good, but decided to pander to the lowest common denominator, fire the director with an actual artistic vision, and and hire some Yes Man who made a generic modern ghost movie.

After reading this, it wouldn't even surprise me if they butch the finished film and cut it down to a PG13 rating despite insisting to fans that it will be an R-rated film.

This movie will be absolutely shit, mediocre, watered down, extremely safe garbage that won't even compare to the first adaptation let alone the source material. Mark my words.

Does Pennywise actually have any real powers!?

He seems kind of weak for a villain.

>Fukanaga dick sucking

Every thread. We have no idea what he was going to do so his involvement is irrelevant.

Is --what-- going to be worth watching?

LOL!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It_(novel)

>Saw It when I was like 8
>Had a clown phobia for the next decade
>Still get uneasy when around clowns

I'm skeptical, but I'm gonna give it the benefit of the doubt for now. On one hand Tim Curry literally carried the original film, but I'm not gonna count this new guy out just yet.

He's sorta like a mirror that reflects your biggest fears back at you. It's why the silver ball killed him, he wasn't weak to silver it's just that they BELIEVED he was so it worked, they turned his powers back around on him. Oh and he's a huge fucking spider abomination the likes of which we cannot even comprehend (technically speaking he's not even a spider, that's just the closest approximation the human brain can make without going insane).

Films having their directors drop out in preproduction, after casting and such has already begun, because they don't want to compromise their artistic vision is NEVER a good sign regardless of what you feel about this particular director.

Except it happens all the time, it doesn't mean anything.

Name one instance where this happened and the finished product wasn't mediocre at best.

Fukunaga would have changed it too much, apparently he wanted to set it in modern New York. Just make a different movie, mang. One actually about your childhood.

>Confirmed R

Not even trying.

That is one clean Froggo you got there.

>apparently he wanted to set it in modern New York.
Sauce? Not doubting you, I'd just be interested to hear more about it.

Well, IT can change it's shape to be a persons worst fear, and it also seems to have a corrupting effect on the place around it. It's made pretty obvious that Derry is a fucked up place because of ITs influence, which is how IT gets away with killing so many people every quarter century.

>TFA was good

You'll enjoy anything then

Citizen Kane, the Godfather, Goodfellas, Pulp Fiction.

You clearly don't know anything about horror movies, or Hollywood in general.

Studios get cold feet and cut big budget R-rated films down to PG13 all of the time so that they can maximize their return, and it happens a lot with horror movies trying to bring in the teenybopper crowd. There have been countless movies ruined by shit like this.

Them saying "It'll be R, we swear!" means nothing until it's officially rated by the MPAA,

And you saying "It'll be PG-13, I swear!" means even less because you're just an internet shitposter. So move on son.

What if someone's worst fear was hella weak? Could they trick IT into changing into that and then kill him?

>Still get uneasy when around clowns
How often are you around clowns?

If it's weak then it's either A) not your real fear or B) is actually very strong against you.

So it wouldn't work either way.

There is literally nothing wrong with this.

Reminder that the best Stephen King film, the Shining, is also the ones that took the most artistic liberties from the source material. To the point where it barely resembled it and King HATED it. Now, it's more widely know and iconic than anything in the book ever was.

I work for a travelling circus.

Not often thank fuck. I'm uncomfortable unless there's a healthy distance between us and I can keep an eye on the fuckers. You can't imagine what seeing It when you're a little kid can do to you, I should've reported my dad to CPS.

slashfilm.com/cary-fukunaga-it-exit/
>Given the laundry list of issues, it’s kind of surprising Fukunaga didn’t jump ship earlier. Among other things, New Line took issue with Fukunaga’s insistence on shooting in New York, instead of a cheaper location.

Considering they're talking about cost, I'm assuming they're talking about shooting in the city proper.

Yeah, that is true. In a way I would like to see what he came up with.

You're the best World's Fattest Man I've ever seen. Not actually the fattest but your showmanship is top notch.

why woul i watch a movie about a clown. im an adult

I suppose, but the idea of a worst fear is it's supposed to be something you can't easily kill, or fight. It's what makes it a fear.

Not to mention, even then IT is still unable to really be killed, since she comes from beyond our universe, other King books mention her showing up when other characters visit Derry.

>Oh and he's a huge fucking drider abomination the likes of which we cannot even comprehend

I appreciate that.

King actually had a point that the book strayed too much from the ancient evil plot and just made it look like the character was simply a schizo.

The movie was still great, but not because of this.

Because it stars Finn Wolfhard, the voice that defined a generation.

According to Fukunaga, the issue was over story and not the budget cuts.

What exactly do you mean by "she"!?

Part 2 needs to include
>black spot fire
>Richie being stabbed in the eye by pennywise and attacked by giant Paul Bunyan
>pennywise kills the security guard as a Rottweiler
And a few others and I'm down to see it

IT is a female, in the book Ben has to go crushing her eggs while Bill and Richie go finish her off.

IT lays eggs. Pretty obviously female.

It's female and it's pregnant that's why Stan kills himself later on, he stares into the deadlights and realizes that and it drives him insane

Pennywise doesn't stab Richie in the eye.

p spooku desu

I was just trying to show they were shooting in New York City

I mean, it doesn't necessarily have to be the city he's talking about. There are a BUNCH of spoopy looking locations in central and upstate New York. It may just be that he fell in love with a location and they wanted to go cheaper. I can't really imagine this story taking place outside of a small town. It just wouldn't fit in NYC.

So long as we get Rodan and the dead kids in the water tower I'm golden.

I always got the impression that Stan killed himself because, unlike the others, he remembered everything at once, which drove him to it.

I'm waiting for a trailer to see how this Pennywise acts in motion before I form a solid opinion, but I currently have no hopes for it.

Will it feature the gangbang scene when they were children?

This very well may be. I'm not sure if it would be any less cheaper to film outside the city proper but still within the state. I would guess yes but I don't know.

He doesn't, but he makes him feel like he's being stabbed, by fucking with his contact lenses.

He doesn't "stab" it, But it's when the giant Paul Bunyan tries killin him with the axe and then Turns into pennywise and Richie makes a joke and he points at him and suddenly feels a "stabbing" sensation like a needle was in his eye

Hard to say, I think it was just because he was more grown up than the others. In the kid sections they even describe him as a "small adult" while in the adult sections they describe the others as reverting back to their kid states.

They needed to be like kids to handle it and he couldn't because he was always the grown up.

Costs usually involve things like tax breaks and those tend to be statewide. That's why so much shit gets filmed in Louisiana and Ohio.