Is he a hack?

Is he a hack?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8-keBliZndQ
npr.org/2016/12/12/505311193/when-it-comes-to-cds-in-2016-mozart-outsells-beyonce-adele-and-drake
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

his songs are skippable

you cant skip any of lennons songs though

>you cant skip any of lennons songs though

Oh boy I thought I wasn't in a bait thread for a moment, almost got mad.

But you are mad, faggot.

I feel pretty chill right now desu, I'm just going to go listen to one of many of Paul's listenable tunes, meanwhile you can listen to I Am the Walrus or Memeberry Fields Forever

Lol, it's the other way around.

>Oh boy I thought I wasn't in a bait thread for a moment
You are a liar
>meanwhile you can listen to I Am the Walrus or Memeberry Fields Forever
And have bad taste as well

no. are you?

Yeah

I love those songs, but I can think of 20 better McCartney songs.

lol chill maaaaaan

how bout you get a job idiot

he's a great drummer

Not even that guy, but

>defending John, the biggest anti corporate hippie of the beatles
>bashing Paul, the traditional family man and hardest worker of the beatles

I think you are the one in need of an occupation.

Yeah, he's been living off original Paul's glory since the 60s

If Old Paul died the world is way better off for it since New Paul has an amazing voice and arguably a better retinue of songs

In terms of talent relative to popularity, he's probably the least hackiest musician to ever exist.

Seriously, I don't think enough people realize that about The Beatles. Sure there have been plenty of artists that have surpassed them musically, even some of them contemporaries, however you have to consider the fact that The Beatles were literally the most popular act in the entire world for a time, and they still decided to make music that was relatively boundary pushing.

Imagine an artist 5 times as popular as Taylor Swift, yet with 10 times the artistic integrity and creative drive. We will literally never see another artist like that.

>Boundary pushing

lol muh minor 4th and dominant 7ths boy band chords how revolutionary

The beatles members seemed really dimwitted, all of them but especially mccarthy
I'm still amazed how these guys could write such fantastic songs

>better
You mean artistically dishonest

>traditional family man
Are you referencing the Beatle who literally walked away from being a rock star to spend time with his wife and son?
>anti corporate hippie
Are you referencing the Beatle who used his fame and sacrificed the marketability of his music in order to help spread peace?

Take a guess who.

For rock music, yes, it is.

Jazz and blues artists both had taken and expanded upon those concepts over 30 years earlier, the Beatles just rebranded it for teenage girls

>spend time with

You misspelled "physically and emotionally abuse while doing massive amounts of heroin."

And Paul literally spent more time with Julian than John did.

>what are the Beach Boys

>Jazz and blues
Ooops you might have to reread the part where I said
>rock music

>"physically and emotionally abuse while doing massive amounts of heroin."
When did he do that with Sean?

I wish Brian hadn't burned himself out in the 60s, his mental breakdown might have literally been the worst thing to happen to popular music, with Buddy Holly's death being a close second

wow so they stole and commercialized ideas from actual musicians, how ground breakingly influential

Surely nobody else would have done 5 years down the road

Brian wilson*

>stole
Can you steal a chord? Did any Jazz musician literally invent 7th chords?
>actual musicians
How were the Beatles not actual musicians?
>Surely nobody else would have done 5 years down the road
Same logic applies to all Jazz and Blues artists, but I don't see you using that against them.

Buddy Holly is overrated deal with it

Dubs and he dies

dame......

You can steal the contextual usage and application of it

Because they played commercial garbage for teenage girls and were artistically dishonest

Funny how once they broke up and all went their separate ways they all wrote complete schlock and were exposed as hacks who couldn't write shitty radio music anymore

>contextual usage
This is a new context (rock/pop) so thus it is not stealing. Nice try though
>commercial garbage for teenage girls.
So did Rolling Stones, The Who, The Zombies, even Mothers of Invention (that was teenage boys, though, not girls). Are they all also not musicians?
>were exposed as hacks who couldn't write shitty radio music anymore
Oh like Band on The Run or Imagine or All Things Must pass or It Don't Come Easy?

Stealing is the foundation of all creativity.

Also, the period that everyone harps on The Beatles about was when they took from Art musicians, not Jazz and Blues ones.

>Because they played commercial garbage for teenage girls and were artistically dishonest
Here's a bunch of teenage girls reacting to Strawberry Fields as it was coming out. youtube.com/watch?v=8-keBliZndQ You can tell they just wrote it to get that sweet teeny bopper money.

Kanye has made abrasive shit rejected by normies too, are you denying he's made commercial trash?

I would deny it about his early career and so do most critics, including Scaruffi. Kind of Blue is the best selling jazz album of all time, I guess by your standards Miles Davis is commercial trash?

>if it's commercial it's bad
Stop

And of course, Mozart outsold Beyonce, Adele, Drake and Taylor Swift last year, that moneyhound Mozart.

link: npr.org/2016/12/12/505311193/when-it-comes-to-cds-in-2016-mozart-outsells-beyonce-adele-and-drake