Is this kino?

Is this kino?

No. Now you can delete your awful thread.

it's kind of too lame to ever be cool, I think.

it is one of those movies that was like really lame adults' attempt at defining or capturing what they imagined the youth of the time were like and were just completely offbase, off in some whole other universe. this movie had no resemblance at all to how anything was at the time (it kind of throws together little 90s tropes, but it's not a good representation of any actual culture of the time)

i love nostalgia and angelina jolie but its not rlly that amazing. worth watching and stylistically super cool but not rlly all its piped up to be

its not supposed to be an exact realistic representation of the 90s ur an idiot

l8 kino. Emmanuel Goldstein himself helped develop the script.

If you're not a millennial faggot you'll be able to appreciate this kino.

that's not the point, I just mean that if you were a teenager at the time shit like this was kind of cringey, kind of like how Suicide Squad is now

yeah hackers is just like suicide squad

ur a dumb fuckin cunt

they weren't trying to capture anything realistic to the 90s and yes that was ur point

I agree. I can rewatch this once every 3 months. It's attempt to be edgy is somehow nostalgic. Definitely a guilty pleasure.

The weird thing is that Sneakers is way more cringey but gets actual respect.

Antitrust is lowkey the only good hacker movie.

HEY SANDY

ITT young faggots who don't appreciate one of the best movies ever created.

it's just like Suicide Squad in that it tries to be cool and youthful and pathetically misses the mark.

HACK THE PLANET

You're trying to make some clever point and pathetically missed the mark. You're stupid... Suicide Squad is pure garbage and has nothing in common with Hackers. Only some faggot little kid would even consider that comparison due to their ignorance so shut the fuck up.

It's incredibly fun garbage.
I'm surprised nobody has posted that one scene yet.

Millennials just don't understand.

Actual hackers hated this movie and thought 2600 zine founder "Emmanuel Goldstein," movie adviser with a character named after him, was a poseur and a huge fake.

ONLY normies liked this movie. It's fact. Anyone in 2016 who claims to like this movie is a millenial or a normie or both.

The only reason actual hackers hated the film is because actual hackers are basement dwelling autistic fat asses who all secretly wish they could be Jonny Lee Miller hacking the Gibson and plowing prime Angelina Jolie

No one with taste wants to watch a movie about some loser banging on his keyboard for hours while staring at green text on black background. Anyone who hates on a movie for being unrealistic is a pathetic sperglorg who should end their life

Oldfag hackers may not have liked it, but it brought the scene to a whole new audience.
For better or for worse, but it was at a time where it wasnt trendy to be a "hacker" or into computers.

Oldschool hackers were edgy retards just like they are today. Nobody cares what they think.

It's not garbage at all. I find it strange how so many people take the film at face value and don't realize that it's a tongue-in-cheek farce. We're talking about a film where the villain calls himself The Plague and rides around the office on a skateboard, chewing asparagus and slapping his female coworkers on the ass, how fucking stupid do you have to be to not realize that it's supposed to be cheesy? Hackers is one of the greatest and most entertaining films of the nineties, pure and simple

Please stop being so MAD on a chinese cartoon message thingie.

HACK THE GIBSON

Not really but it is a guilty pleasure to a lot of people.

I consider it one of my favorite films of all time and I'm not guilty about it all. It's unironically a great film

well said, user

Easily one of the greatest kinos ever produced

Is this one of Matthew Lillards greatest regrets?

one of maybe 3 movies i've owned on every available format

He's quite proud of it, as he should be. Watch the making-of documentary

A LITTLE PELVIS

AND BOOTY

A LITTLE PELVIS

AND BOOTY

>Actual hackers hated this movie
Hate is a strong word. They more or less poked fun at it and laughed it off. There was a hilarious review of the film published at the time on PHRACK (I think) which summed it up perfectly.

>b-but i-it's supposed to be b-bad
Fuck off with this bullshit argument and embrace it for what it is, a well presented and slick, trashy fun film with a great soundtrack.

>tfw I'm the guy in the toilet stall