Is it a meme that people pretend not to understand that we are slowly watching Clark grow into the Superman we all know...

Is it a meme that people pretend not to understand that we are slowly watching Clark grow into the Superman we all know and love? I just don't understand how some people expect him to just *be* Superman right off the bat like it's no big deal.

There's a lot I dislike about both Man of Steel and BvS, but personally, I like how Snyder has dragged global politics and ethics into his story. Sure, it makes it a lot less light-hearted and escapist, but it also makes it interesting. If I want to watch a conventional live action Superman movie I'll go rewatch the Reeve movies, which would be hard to improve on in any way except perhaps the special effects.

I like seeing Superman going through the motions, figuring out his place in the world, not just being a completely unrelatable good guy just because our sun is special. It should be a choice. It should be based on life experience and it should be made in light of hardships and much adversity - because the world is a fucked up place and he's not just going to be rescuing cats out of trees - he's going to expose himself to some of the ugliest shit human beings are capable of, again and again, for no reward - just an unwaivering belief that we can join him in the light. Right now he's not there yet himself and that makes his character dynamic and interesting.

okay.

yep.

Thanks for the bump, mate.

I always liked the old Max Fleischer cartoons because they always just blew through the origin story in under ten seconds and cut straight to Clark seeing shit go down and saving the day. It was pretty neat how every episode ended with him sexually harassing Lois and winking at the camera.

None of that shitty "troubled messiah" baggage that has plagued every version of Superman for the last decade or so.

I like how TDK trilogy and the DC movieverse is trying to be more grounded in reality. Watching a movie about a superhero defending earth is good fun and can make for lighthearted entertainment like Marvel movies. But its infinitely more interesting to watch a movie about the consequences of such a being existing in our world. Watching your favorite heroes fight and quip is great fanservice, but ultimately only serves as an 'in the moment' experience and is easily forgettable.

I mean, look at Civil War. I liked how they started exploring the more mature themes of the collateral damage caused by the heroes, but the theme gets losts almost instantly amongst the fanservice and captain bromance

Yeah, I especially like how Snyder shows human being for the bipolar pieces of shit they are for the most part. That love-hate relationship that develops over night. Religious clusters that incorporate him and clusters that condemn him, etc. It's what would happen. So would the political chaos. He would threaten every level of the world's power structure just by existing. It's fascinating.

That said, I think Snyder does his best but is a little out of his element if for no other reason than that he's included other retarded "superheoes"into a world that was more interesting in that regard when just focusing on the presence of a Superman.

It's Superman though. He's a symbol. He doesn't need to be human and flawed, and he isn't. This is what Watchmen, or Batman is for. Or even Spiderman.

This

X men and snyderkino are much more interesting than comedic cap eshit

Would you really rather have the same old shit with a new actor, though/ Cause that's what we're talking about here. It would just be the exact same story with a new guy who isn't as goood as Christopher Reeve and better special effects.I don't get the appeal - unless I approach it from the perspective of a kid born around the turn of the century who was never able to relate to Reeve's campy Superman and wants a HD version. But fuck catering to that over trying something different.

Kind of 30 years too late huh?
And in an "inferior lowbrow" media to boot.
So what's Snyder's excuse?

>Clark grow into the Superman we all know and love
People like Superman?

WDHMBT?

>Is it a meme that people pretend not to understand that we are slowly watching Clark grow into the Superman we all know and love?

Superman's upbringing on his Kansas farm is what turned him into the Superman we all know and love. Or it's supposed to, if Snyder didn't completely say fuck that.

No, people are seriously that retarded.
BvS still sucked shit and didn't add to Clark's story.
MoS did it right, no matter how controversial.

He wouldn't still be around if they didn't.

Not sure what you're asking. But yes, a somewhat grittier Superman has existed for quite some time in the comics, but not on film, or even television. Not to the extent Snyder has come to depict it. He obviously draws a lot of inspiration from existing works, like the one you referenced. Hard not to with a character that has existed for over 80 years.

Yeah, I figure they do, what with him having been selling for eighty years now.

do a different character then, if you want it to be such a different story from the meaning/symbolism of Superman. there's no reason to completely dismantle a clear symbol like Snyder did except to show how fedora and edgy he was

He has the capacity to be perfect but he needs trial and error to become that way. He has the greatest power of any superhero, which also means that he has biggest burden. He cant just be happy go lucky. It makes no sense.

I was more meaning people that don't have shit taste, my friends.

Agreed.
It's funny how everyone wants the Reeves Superman again but a good chunk of those same people didn't like Returns all that much.

Try getting a budget close to MoS with some no name character that will likely get you sued by DC. Come on, man. They were going to shit out another series of movies one way or another. At least this is a little different.

Henry is so damn handsome.

I like what they're doing with Supes.

I'd kill to have him evolve into the All Star Superman and him have a solo movie closing out the current DCEU down the road

And yet no charisma.

>I like how Snyder has dragged global politics and ethics into the story

But then he fails to integrate it into a meaningful and relatable human drama. So you have a pointless storyline about Lexcorp mercenaries using limited edition Lex bullets on goat farmers. Pointless because it turns out Lex knew Superman's secret identity all along and doesn't need to discredit Superman because he can just kidnap Superman's mom and force him to fight Batman. Then you have Batman hitting Superman over the head with a sink basin until Superman croaks "Martha".

Spot the *redditor*

But he was already Superman at the end of Man of Steel. Batman v Superman is about Superman's very existence in between recognition/denial of the world. Justice League would be hi acceptence.

I agree with you.

I like this excuse. If it is well received, you can call it a "reimagining, a different take on the character". If it is disliked, you can change it later and say "the character is developing, evolving".

>forgetting about the kryptonite and doomsday

what a fucking idiot.

Lex needed the kryptonite anyway because he was going to examine zod's body and then make something of it. he was going to do it whether or not he knew supes' identity or not.

Public opinion doesn't turn on someone after just one event, especially one including a guy who's now branding people with red iron. You need a series of event, cultivate suspicion first.

None of Lex's machinations pass the "so what" test. There are lengthy scenes of Lex trying to persuade US senators to allow Kryptonite into the country. So what? He smuggles it in anyway. There is a lengthy subplot about wheelchair man having his disability checks stolen, etc. leading to the courthouse being blown up. So what? After that point in the movie, the public's opinion of Superman has fuck all impact on either the character or the story. Bruce Wayne is subtly manipulated by Lex to distrust and fear Superman. So what? We knew from the start of the movie and Batman talking to Alfred that Wayne had determined to remove the "threat" posed by Superman. And Lex's plan to get Superman to threaten Batman with the bat-brand photos, etc - so what? A simple kidnapping is enough to get the two to fight each other.

And all of this "so what?" bullshit is crammed into a 2.5+ hour movie where the "hero" only gets 42 shitty lines of dialogue. This is not a good use of screen time. This is not good storytelling.

Kek, the Superman we know and love didn't gain his morality and common sense in his 30s, he grew up with those values because of the Kents. Snyder's Superman is basically Batman, which is why the lack of contrast between the two makes Dawn of Justice so fucking boring and retarded.

at this point batman wouldnt even fight superman, he would just agree to help him from the start.

Why we hate MoS you ask?
I'll tell ya my boy, because of 2 reasons
1. Papa Kent killed himself for a dog in the dumbest most laughable moment in mainstream big cinema in a long while.
2. End fight took so long it felt like Lucas was brevity itself in RotS.

Why we hate BvS you ask?
I don't know why others do and I am sure others have other reasons but for me the one and only reason and quite frankly enough of a reason was the casting of Lex Luthor and the changes to his character for this movie, 2 reasons that is enough for me to tell the movie to fuck itself.

Suicide squad however was a masterpiece!

People don't like Snyderman because what people (and by people I mean Sup Forums and Sup Forums) want is a Superman who doesn't do anything. A Superman distracted by individual tragedy, an apolitical (passively liberal capitalist) Superman, a Superman who is utterly useless because he doesn't do anything people couldn't do themselves. A Superman whose presence isn't upsetting, bringing the super-ness into question. You can invent any number of space gorillas to invade Earth but it just means Superman has no function outside of completely bizarre hypotheticals, he has nothing to offer to human society itself.

whats with all the hate for the storyline of MoS and BvS you guys do realize snyder only directed and didnt write the script right?

>Why we hate MoS you ask?

He didn't ask that at all.

And that is all Snyder is, a TV director making movies with a greater salary, if he wasn't already on the payroll of WB thanks to the movie 300 he would be a perfectl little brainless minion working at Disney making Thor 3: "the Gay happening"

This is the truth

He did in so many words, you might wanna learn English better before you try and make such poor use of it you little retarded eurofag.

>Snyder
>TV director
What a terrible misuse of the term.

And yet, millions of young men who are on the spectrum, like myself, identifies with his journey to normalcy. And it is a journey.

It was actually spot on 100%

Snyder's awesome, you disney gerbil penis swallowing, gay person you.

He hasn't directed even a single episode's worth of television. His films look nothing like television shows. There is no sane logic you can apply to classify him as a tv director.

>"Clark is just growing into the superman we know and love!"
>Kill him in the second film

kek

I think the DCEU is crafting a slow burning universe and when the DCEU is finished it will result in a pretty interesting and connected story, with lots of nods to the other films in the franchise.

>I just don't understand how some people expect him to just *be* Superman right off the bat like it's no big deal.

Because that's how it is in the comics. He was never this dour, boring plank of a man in the books, and if he was, no one would have read them. A large part of the Superman mythos is that the costume, the heroics, the theatrics; all of that comes later, but the kind-hearted farmboy was always a part of him.

Yeah, for all its flaws I think it will be reflected upon favorably. We'll see though.

>crafting
>spunk their two biggest stars in 2nd movie
>shoehorned Wonder Woman into same movie
>incredibly shoehorned Flash into same movie
>absurdly shoehorned Justice League mpegs (complete with icons) into same movie
>BvS is a disaster
>Suicide Squad is a disaster
>crafting

>>BvS is a disaster
>>Suicide Squad is a disaster

Let's no go crazy here, BvS "underperformed" the same way the beaches of Normandy in WW2 was "a walk in the park"

>Was expected to make at least $1 billion, around $1.25-1.5 billion
>Made 872.7 million USD
>Marketing costs so huge the break-even was between $700-800 million
>"I-I-It d-didn't u-underperform!"

top fucking kek

>the kind-hearted farmboy was always a part of him.

So, saving a busload of kids from a lake, then actually going back for the bully who taunted you isn't "kind-hearted".

You're not only a pleb, but your memory sucks. If you even saw the movie in the first place.

>slow building
>is attempting to make a justice league movie with THREE movies of buildup compared to marvels multiple individual movies for each hero

lmao

I will never stop being mad at snyders papa kent interpretation

That was a good scene (partially ruined by Jonathan Kent questioning whether or not he should have saved the kids at all), but it does not somehow negate the rest of the movie. Snyder's Superman is a man filled with doubt and fear. He's constantly questioning himself and whether or not he should be a hero. These aren't qualities that define Superman, and they shouldn't be.

>N-no he is growing up

Bull-fucking-shit mate.

Superman didn't become Superman. Superman was born Superman. When Superman wakes up in the morning, he's Superman. His alter ego is Clark Kent.

It's Batman.

Why would I trust a guy that died from erotic asphyxiation?

t. angry DCuck