ITT: Musicians you've met or have a connection to?

dad went to high school with david byrne

my cousin played bass for either demi lovato or miley cyrus. i can't remember which

My dad was a short-period boyfriend of Bilinda Butcher

My mother went to high school with the Mothersbaugh family, went to their house on a few occasions.

I met Flying Lotus a grocery store

my uncle was the original guitarist for weezer. he left the band early in their career though

Kurt Cobain sexually assaulted my aunt.

My cousin is Conor Deasy.

I remember hanging out with the band in their penthouse apartment on the top floor of a luxury hotel. Daniel Ryan, the lead guitarist, show me the Pixies and Beach Boys and let me play on his expensive collection of guitars. Was pretty cool.

Never liked their music though lol.

I met Diane Cluck (indie folk musician) recently at a show in New Haven, CT. I was the first one there and she greeted me and offered to play my favorite song of hers, she gifted me an illustrated lyric sheet because they meant so much to me. Never met such a warm and kind person. She later reached out to me online Fantastic show too.

The band is The Thrills btw.

My dad went to the same high school as Femi Kuti and was a year his junior.
My grandfather on my mother's almost married Sade Adu's mother.

>*on my mother's side
Whoops.

I have connections with myself

i met nick reinhart the other day, really cool guy

Grimes fingered my butthole

My dad went to high school with Trey Anastasio, and I was also childhood friends with Päscaal.

I dropped acid with Grimes once.

Grimes braided my hair before
she laughed when she found the big beetle I put on my head

Orlando? I met him after Tera Melos' show with CHON. Talked with them about The Residents for a bit and they signed/doodled on the album I bought at their merch table.

I've met a good amount of musicians but the most random one was Trey Songz. He was surprisingly chill as fuck

All Time Low were the worst. Such tools. They were aggressively flirting with girls that were clearly 14-15 years old

I live in Kevin Shields' childhood house in Cabinteely

my cousin is in DRI

>All Time Low
I can't imagine why

Jason Cropper?

Nah, saw them in NC at the Cat's Cradle
I talked to him before the show about Tim Kinsella

sindeshow bobe from simpsongs i know him he,s my dad[spoiler][/spoiler]

My dad knows the long-lost third Bouchard brother, the one who was not involved in Blue Oyster Cult. I don't recall his first name though

I saw MC Ride at a grocery store in Sacramento yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

my dad partied with the beatles and supertramp. too bad i just shitpost on Sup Forums

My dad shook hands with brian wilson, saw pink floyd, the clash and the ramones live.

I went to school with Joel Zimmerman (deadmau5). He was a few years ahead of me though. He was basically a different person back then, he and his friends were real 90s emo types. I vaguely remember him wearing a trench coat and makeup outside of the school gate one day and thinking he was probably the biggest fuckup in the entire school

I went to college with Phil Collins' daughter. I also fucked her so that's a thing.

Stan Rogers lived in the same apartment building as my dad in the 60's.

I threw a pen at Julie Andrews a while back, I missed

Oh yeah I also met Steven Tyler at one of those highway stops in Massachusetts. I hate his music but I pretended like I was a big fan like the little bitch I am.

A friend of mine met MF DOOM in 2003 at a pub, he apparently recognized him without his mask because of the voice.

my dad killed 2Pac

oh shit. you going to see laetitia in august bruh?

I met Ian Brown in a pub in Reading once. Pretty humble guy.

gave machine girl a shoutout when i saw him in the crowd at dayfornight

I met Ted Aguilar from Death Angel after a show once. He was pretty cool.

I don't believe you faggot

I met Combichrist in 2008, they were doing a signing before a show in Cleveland. I was 17, my gf at the time was 15, and all the band members were staring at her huge tits. Being a teen was fun.

>met Com Truise after his show, was very nice, huge fan of his
>met guitarist to Mushroomhead before a show
>met Clark after a show and he waved at me as I was leaving, felt surreal having someone you listen to just act so casual around you.
>went on stage with Insane Clown Posse. Not even kidding. Went to see them as a just cause kind of thing (not a fan), won tickets from a radio show so I figured I would just for the experience. Turns out I got to go on stage with them and spray faygo into people's eyes. Talked to them afterwards, seemed very humble. Best concert I've been to, everyone called me their family 11/10 experience would go again.
>saw them out at the local mall next day without makeup.

your dad was one lucky guy lol

Freddie Starr ate my hamster

Claire boucher(Grimes) is my side bitch

Underrated

Okay? You clearly don't understand LA and wealth then.

I once met Gary Burger of the Monks, a few years before he died (He and my dad went way back). Chill dude.

Nick Cave's wife Susie Bick briefly dated my uncle

Also some family friend of dad's played keyboards on Lipps Inc's "Funkytown" IIRC.

My first college roommate's dad was the drummer for The Music Machine, so we compared dicks about each other's dad's music cred shorlty after we met. Sadly the friend's dad has also left this vale of tears.

I talk with Dale Watson all the time at his concerts, had a five second conversation with Merle Haggard once at a concert.

I met and had a quick chat with Mac DeMarco as he was walking around Sydney before one of his gigs. He got me a ticket to the show too which was p. good.

I've met him too, he's pretty cool

Thomas Fehlmann from The Orb. He was in the crowd during the opener, I wanted to say hi, so I did. He seemed happy cuz I was definitely the youngest in the audience (18 pls no ban).

My mom's high school boyfriend played in a band that Moby used to play in. Not sure if it was at the same time tho.

I met Phil Elverum at a super small bar concert. It was super weird because it was years ago and I was only about 14 or 15. I walked up to him and said "hey man, I saw some of your stuff on npr's music youtube channel and thought I'd come check out your show." And now about 4 years later he's my favorite musician of all time by a huge margin

My mom's told me her friend is Kirk Hammett's cousin

Oh shit that's really cool

My dad jammed out and skated with Jason Lytle of Grandaddy.

kek

underrated

Go on

friend of a friend's mom dated Thor Harris. I bought the glow part 2 off of Phil himself.

- saw Mount Eerie in Anacortes and met Will from Car Seat Headrest
- met Cretin of Dayglo Abortions outside a show
- friend's mom went to high school with Joey Shithead of D.O.A.

I've had a piss next to Kevin Parker.

>Facebook friends with Michael gira
>Wayne coyne knows me by name
>hung out with Steven drozd once
>met wilco
>ate dinner with kamasi Washington
>made eye contact with MC Ride

my cousin is dating the drummer from Born Ruffians

holy shit, now i like legos

Smoked a cigarette right next to Jim Morrison's grave

drummer from pennywise married my aunt

My uncle met Gibby Haynes right before he formed the Butthole Surfers when Gibby was working in accounting. They were friends until the Surfers became a bigger act and started to travel to farther places. They eventually splintered off.

I met the singer from the Chariot at one of their earlier/st (2004-5ish) shows when I was about 13 or 14.

Finally, my friend's second cousin is friends with Earl Sweatshirt and some other rapper.

I was in the Church Kids Choir with Justin Timberlake (pre-disney)
My grandmother and his are still friends.

Also met Dave Brockie (lead singer from Gwar) at a bar in Mobile, Al. He was really chill, had a couple beers with him and talked shit about the band on stage.

Yes I'm old by /mu standards.

If talking with artists after shows counts, then Ben Weinman from The Dillinger Escape Plan also is a person I have met.

Met Biffy Clyro after winning a contest and they were absolute cunts.

Rude, aloof, talking bollocks. Worst aspect was that they didn't even have the excuse of being off their tits - they were stone cold sober.

Bonus comment: every album they've released since Only Revolutions has been utter shit. They sold out hard and everyone knows it, losing all their old fans in the process.

Met the members of CHON, Seahaven, Modern Baseball,Turnover and the hip hop artist Wax.

When they were kids my dad and Neil Young were neighbours.

I snuck into an after party and met Rachel Goswell. The whole band was there as well.

underrated post

Not really me, but my grandmother is from Liverpool, England.
She says when she was young child, she lived down the street from Ringo Starr (Then obliviously Richard Starkey) and even played with him a few times. They around the same age. I asked her what her old address was and then I looked it up on google earth with Starrs and they were on the same street.
She soon moved to a different part of Liverpool and then to Canada when she was 16, so she never saw him again until The Beatles got big.
Really I just have to take her word for it, but she swears by it.

Every Australia has met Kevin

Yeah but this was in the UK, bit different

Same
I was at the Rosemont once and Kevin was taking a piss and then some drunk bloke came in, saw Kevin and was like "AHHHHH SHITTTTT KEVIN, OI MATES IT'S KEVIN FROM TAME IMPALA RIGHT HERE"

True story

have you ever asked him if she was a good lay?

How did he get there?

I saw Gene Ween at a grocery store in New Hope yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Friend played live with Imagine Dragons

literally everyone on here knows this copypasta. it's not funny anymore.

I saw this user at a grocery store in the Castro in San Francisco yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

I am Scott Hull

Lauren Mayberry about 4 times because I work at a bar she comes to time to time. She remembered who I was each time. She's what everyone thinks she is but a bit condensending and pretentious. She's so tiny and comes with either one of her band mates or both.

where?

I won't tell you. I will tell you that she usually orders whiskey, beer and girly drinks like spritzers.

Not the bar, the city. Where?

I scabbed smokes off the main guitar guy from Agnostic Front and chatted to him for a bit, not a big crossover thrash guy so I had no idea who he was but he was real friendly and I think was probably glad I had no idea who he was as there were some fans milling around him. Was at a Suffocation gig, I was pretty drunk and stoned but I remember him coming into the bar and being like "where's that Australian guy" and showing me his pic of his band at Bon Scott's grave. American's don't get we don't really give a shit about ACDC.

NYC. I won't say where because I don't want any of you faggots showing up looking for her.

I got to hang out backstage with all the members of Pixies

ask her what hes like in bed faggot

what burro you churro faggot?

You do realize Sup Forums is almost entirely composed of underage faggots who live in like rural Michigan, right? They won't even leave their bedrooms, why would you expect them to go all the way to NYC and go to a social facility?

o i am laffin, user