Going to watch for the first time, what I'm in for?

Going to watch for the first time, what I'm in for?

A fun watch that isn't nearly as smart as every 17-23 year old makes it out to be.

a really cool, atmospheric movie with a solid beginning, middle, and end.

standard "I'm in high school and just discovered kino" but still a solid movie, all around.

A decent flick that edgelords on Sup Forums hate because they think it makes them mature.

wow you're a piece of shit. go to sleep tonight knowing that.

Good thing I don't care about spoilers haha... :_;

Seriously though, this better be enjoyable.

good film that people like to hate on because people like to overpraise it.

Spot on

this whole thread is people saying the same thing though

entry level kino

Basically imagine Dawson's Creek if David Lynch directed it

A garbage movie for teens

ALL AROUND ME ARE FAMILIAR FACES

Original or director's cut?

WORN OUT PLACES

the song is better than the movie

Director's Cut

Only improvement in original is "Killing Moon" playing during Donnie tripping out at the party. Or I could be mistaken and that plays in both, but I'm pretty sure it's only in the original.

Fuck, just realized there's a director's cut. Which one is superior for a first watch? Both are avaliable for streaming.

Southland tales instead

WORN OUT FACES

WORN OUT FACEEEEEES

(gondry's video for the song is better than the film tbqh)

It's basically your run in the mill High school movie but the only thing different is the main character is a schizophrenic.

It's not bad. More emotional than smart, and kinda surreal/dark without being full on Lynch.

It also has one of those time travel plots that takes a couple viewings to figure out.

I loved this movie when I was 15, and I did when I watched it in my 20's. Posters on here would probably call it "comfy".

one of the rare cases where the theatrical cut is better than the director's cut. different music, and not everything is spoon fed to you. part of the attraction of the original cut is the mystery.

What's Kino?

If you plan on watching it twice, try theatrical cut first then director's. The former leaves more up to the viewer's interpretation.

It's great but the sequel is kino

Alright, I'll watch the original version first. I'm really sleepy right now so my brain will probably explode so I'll watch tomorrow. Expect a thread tomorrow too lads.

i'll be waiting senpai