Today I paid $120 for a new tire (yes, just one) after one of my tires got fucked up by glass

Today I paid $120 for a new tire (yes, just one) after one of my tires got fucked up by glass.

Did I get ripped off Sup Forums?

was it new?

What's the make? Is it new? Details OP, you probably didn't get ripped off.

If you have to ask, you know the answer

Depends on the tire. Post measurements. Also, why did you not have the old one patched? It like, RUINED or just punctured? If the latter, you got ripped off at birth for being so stupid.

I don't fucking know, I'm just user

T. Mechanic here. We need more details.

If it was new and either Michelin or Pirelli then probably not. Anything else, you got ripped off.

Also, this is now a doubles thread.

The tires on my Jeep cost $400 a piece, so it's highly relative

Or like a Bridgestone turanza. Those fuckers are expensive.

Exactly jeep Sup Forumsro

LOL definitely

Yes, brand new.

It was a Pirelli Scorpion verde all season, 225/65R17 (I think, can't seem to remember atm)

According to them it couldn't be patched because of the way the glass got into the tire, which I think was bs.

Depends on the size and model. To the cheap fucks who only buy the $50 a piece sumimoto or whatever cheapest they could find is, yeah you got ripped off.

More importantly, you're supposed to replace tires in pairs. Go back and get another...yes the same fucking kind who just bought.

are you happy that your tire isnt flat anymore?

is the ability to drive your motor vehicle worth 120 bucks to you?

yeah?

do you possess the know how/tools/ability to change your own tire?

no?

then im leaning towards no. you probably didnt get ripped off. be happy youve got a new tire and move on.

not ripped. And that's not BS, tires can't be fixed by hot gluing shit together. You didn't file an insurance claim though?

My car is FWD so what they did was change it so both tires in front are similar and the ones in the back are different. Is that okay?

It's fine if tires are mismatched, not a big deal but . . .

Pirelli Scorpions are for SUV's and you said your car is FWD?

What do you drive, make and model?

Thanks based user. I'm working on the insurance claim. They said I should bring the receipt and I would get reimbursed but shit is complicated yo.

Mazda CX-5

Then you're good.

from my experience you can only patch a tire when its a nail or screw. glass is an entirely diff animal

Then it's free, you're set

yes
if you're paying for a single tire you shouldn't pay more than $80
and the older your tires are the less you should pay

Thanks everybody, I am now happy.

It's been a long time but I ran Sumitomo HTRZ3s or something like that on my Mini Turbo for autocross and seem to remember them being decent... but I also made a lot less money back then, so maybe they did suck.

>Did I get ripped off Sup Forums?

Nope, that's pretty standard for a new tire of decent quality.

Oh yeah. $125 for a single tire is pretty reasonable.

No they could not be able to patch a section of a tire, it it cut in a certain way. if it was a small hole, or just a small cut. They could definitely just patch it and get it done with it.

There were 2 holes actually, one small and a second one decently big. The air was leaking like crazy.

>Did I get ripped off Sup Forums?
If it's a good brand, and that 120 includes getting it installed, that's not a bad price

>couldn't be patched
Protip - never fucking patch a tire.

You can absolutely patch symmetrical puncture holes, like from nails, and drive the entire life of the tire with no issues. That said, I'm a firm believer in carrying a full size spare AND a patch kit. Can't patch everything.

That's a deal for a new tire. I would have tried to use the sealing lots though

Protip - never buy a new tire when you can patch it

however if they're wimpy sedan tires and not big masculine, robust, erect offroaders, maybe consider buying a new one.