Working on Momento, by Intervals. Any other guitar players hanging around right now? What are you jamming on?

Working on Momento, by Intervals. Any other guitar players hanging around right now? What are you jamming on?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube
m.youtube.com/watch?v=rK-Dg4wXvc8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Momento is a fucking jam, dude. Never fully got it down.

Do you want tabs?

Working on through the fire and the flames

The Songsterr tab is actually on point for this one. I bought it, cause why not for five dollars. Just the intro riffs kick my ass. I learned it for the chord section cause I don't think I've ever heard anything so beautiful. I was planning on trying to tackle Libra soon.

All the shape of colour material is pretty difficult, I bought the actual book from Aaron last year and it's really technical. He's a hell of a player.

I've been working on tunes from Dance Gavin Dance, there's some gnarly guitar on their recent albums. I always thought they were some generic -core band until I was convinced to hear the newest record recently

Any cheap quality metal amps you know of?

I sell gear for my job. Whatever you do, avoid Line 6 Spiders. Even the new V's. They're digital trash, running through incredibly low quality speakers. Mud for days if you want high gain tones.

I play an Ormsby GTR, but if I'm jamming I'm usually playing along with Tigran Hamasyan's stuff.

Are the blackstars any good? My local store has tons of them for cheapish

Save your money and get a Orange or Marshall

Such as the ht metal series

the id:core series? They're ok. I don't think they're great but they are cheap and the tone variety is alright. Test them yourself in person, don't bother with youtube reviews or demos.

My best advice is to not bother. Save up. Buying something cheap now that you may not be happy with is not worthwhile imo. you just settle for something disappointing.

wew lads

If you're looking for a cab try to get a pre-owned one off Craigslist or Letgo. I see them for 200 bucks a set all the time. Cabinets are usually more malleable in terms of tone than small combo amps.

This thread seems too civil for Sup Forums

Its because guitar threads on b are rareish

Gotta keep them sacred

I was thinking the same thing.

Christ. Give me any old beat to shit guitar and just let me strum. Fuck.

Classicalfag with a venting post coming through

I'm supposed to be working on Danza Mora and Gran Vals, but I'm getting kinda getting burnt out trying to cram all sorts of new material in over the summer. Since the end of May, I've learned Lagrima, Adelita, Isabel, Pavana, El Columpio, and most recently, Maria, which needs a lot of work before I'd consider it near perform able. This is all by Francisco Tarrega. Besides this stuff, I'm hoping to learn all my scales, I'm hoping to work on and learn at least one Villa Lobos etude, La Catedral by Barrios, a chaconne by Weiss, de Falla's Homenaje, a guitar orchestra piece for the fall semester, and maybe the first movement of Brouwer's Elogio de la Danza. Pretty tempted to also try Barrios's Una Limosna por el amor de Dios.

And besides all that, I'm supposed to be working on more flamenco stuff, and try to get my theory knowledge up to par. I've recently taken an interest in twelve tone theory, which isn't really helping.

I dunno what these guys are talking about. I played an HT40 and loved it. For tight, mid rich distortion anyway. With a tube screamer I think it'd be perfect. It's gonna be my next amp. Depends on what you play and what you like though.

Pinkies out everybody a real musician just showed up

Yeah I'm pretty leery honestly. And fuck you must hate your life learning Danza, Josh Travis is a beast

working on chord modes

I'd sell my butthole for an Ormsby.
I really want a Mayones but who has that kind of money sitting around

the HT series are great, I only said the id:core series is bad, which is what I (unfortunately) see people buying far more often due to pricing.

I didn't mention Danza although Travis is one of my favorite players, ironically (I had said Dance Gavin Dance). I've learned small bits of Glass Cloud and Danza III/IV here and there. I bought a 9 string to learn some Perfect War Forever material even lol

Sabastian?

Good for you man. Keep learning theory. It's where I fucked up. I've been playing 10 years and still don't know theory for shit. Makes writing a little difficult.

nah, sorry

I hardly consider myself some kind of superior musician. I honestly have pretty little guitar knowledge, and know absolutely fuck all about anything regarding electric guitars or even improvisation. I just play and work on what I enjoy at the moment. I also go to school for it, like the dumbass I am. I've been pretty lazy, so I'm trying to catch up to where I feel I should be.

I'd recommend you learn some theory. I hate it so far, but I've been assured time and time again that its really going to pay off.

Ohhh okay. I've never played through an iD. I dunno why someone wouldn't just buy an HT, if the difference is that clear. Especially since the club 40 is only like 550 bucks new. Not bad for a tube combo.

And so you did, Idk what happened there. I like Dance Gavin Dance every once in a while. I get in moods some times, listen to them, Artifex Pereo, The Fall of Troy, Sianvar. Stuff that falls through the cracks between deathcore and metalcore.

How long have your been playing? 2years?

I was a classical student but was just a hobby. Only thing it ever did was impress girls in the bed room. No one else wants to hear that stuff.

WTF! This isnt a trap thread!

From my experience, it's mostly newer players or those just ignorant with gear. The amount of times I have people ask me for the perfect amp that can do X and sound like Y but also do Z, BUT it has to under 200 bucks or whatever is astounding. I understand there's a lot of people who don't know how much gear costs, but low end stuff is really just that.. it's low end. cheap quality. cheap tone. you get what you pay for.

Fall of Troy is sick and is a big influence on my playing as well.

shitty marshall amp and a 300 bucks ibanez, currently trying to getting the flaws out of the intro lead of stabwound by necrophagist

That quip was more serious than sarcastic honestly, I could never fuck around with classical guitar. I mean my chops are fine but I just doubt I could wrap my head around it all. And I probably will start learning theory at some point, when I get bored riffing on variations of the same scales in the same keys that have become engrained in my soul from repetition.

any tips for someone learning?
so far i can do open chords, barre chords and some basic scales, and a little fingerpicking

learn songs by 1 iconic band, figure out the style. move to a new band etc, if u get the hang of the most common technics you can either try to write ur own stuff or go over to extremely hard songs

It makes sense. I've noticed the most versatile amps usually don't do anything in particular very well, unless it's branded Fractal or Kemper. Coming from a guy who owns a Fender Mustang. It does an immense amount of shit for a 300 dollar amp, and has served me well, but only in recent years chasing tone have I realized that I need something that does one job well. Being as I play one style using one tone 90% of the time.

learn scales using a metronome, 2 notes per tick up to 200 then start again from 80 and do 4 notes per tick. Your speed will become god level if you slowly increase by 2 ticks a day or so

You're blessed liking death metal. Most death bands' guitars sound like piles and piles of dicks anyway. Your shitty Marshall will do perfectly.

i've found myself doing this naturally, mostly just artists im obsessed with
modest mouse and grateful dead have been my jams lately

good idea, thanks

this
also always start slower than u think u should, also applies for sweeping. it will make it way cleaner and precise

Everyone is surprised at my tone because all I have is a digitech 500 ($120 used) multi effects, and it's plugged into a 600 watt ($200 new) powered pa speaker, and it sounds 'really good'. It's not a Marshall, fender, messa but in a band setting, you just can't fucking tell. I found the digitech sounds more organic than they used to, and the effects work well within the unit. Plus when gigging, it can plug into the mixer without being miked

the Mustang amps are pretty sweet, man. You at least made a good choice.

I got rid of my actual rig years ago due to financial issues and I've unfortunately just never gotten it back. Playing through this peavey vypyr at home is pretty mediocre lol

ye my tone isnt really a pleasure but high gain and playing on the high tone options is pretty dope.
probably getting a 7-string instead of a new amp next

Yeah about 2 years. I'm really not sure how far I want to take it, so it might just become a hobby. I haven't really tried looking for gigs or anything, but I generally get positive feedback from people that do hear me practice outside or see me perform at some kind of open mic. Jazz seems to be doing okay, so I might get into that for the gigs.

I dont really have any experience before playing classical and flamenco, but the metalheads that have joined the classes at my little community college have told me how it's like an entirely different world. One of them has been playing over two decades and struggles through it as much as I do. So far in the music theory classes though, it's all been about chords, chord progressions, and how these chords produce and resolve tension. A lot of it really does fly over my head though since its been kinda abstract. I haven't seen the practical application quite yet

Where are the traps at?

I want tabs

I have a Spider IV. What do I change it for ?

and also a friend of me has better gear but when we play black metal like darkthrone or Dissection my tone is way beyond disgustingly perfect for black metal

What guy number 2 said. Metallica and Lamb of God were my first two bands I learned thoroughly. Metallica greatly helped my downpicking ability, Lamb of God riffs are good all around for practice. There's a decent variety of techniques in most of their songs. My biggest piece of advice to you is to be a neat freak about your playing. Don't settle for sloppy playing. Get it down clean, every time, and then move on. If you have to practice at half speed so be it. No one wants to hear a dude say "look what I can play", and then listen to a slur of dead notes, inconsistent picking, and shoddy-at-best timing. Just please don't be that guy.

Fuck off this was a great thread until you fucks showed up

I'm always practicing some Jason Becker or Paul Gilbert thing.

My teacher wanted me to do wedding gigs, which you easily earn a couple hundred bucks. My problem if I'm in construction and my nails are always getting chipped. Always wanted to do busking though. In all honesty, I enjoyed it more after giving up the lessons and playing for fun but I didn't improve as quick as I did with lessons. Also found them classical improved my electric guitar skills, but not the other way around

ye exactly, when learning you have to realise you are practicing for yourself, get it down slow, speed up and keep getting cleaner when playing with the song in the background

Always practice slow. If you want to play fast you practice slow.
A tip I got recently about improvisation is to try jamming to backing tracks in genres you normally wouldn't play or listen to. Insurgent tried this yet
Metronomes are great, but if you're having trouble with a particular rhythm you can simply count out the rhythm to help. You don't even need to play to practice rhythm, just clap it out and get the idea first if you need.
This is more personal preference imo, but I like to change my strings on a regular basis if I practice a lot. They'll sound clear and you'll get used to what good strings and good sound should sound like.

Anyone have any good busking song ideas? Im in Australia so generally play AC/DC but also Guns n' Roses and shit like that gets good $$$$ depending on the crowd sometimes Metallica gets a bit. Nobody likes it when I play Pantera. :(

A used condom if you can get it.
Find a Bugera combo if you have to cheap out, and run a tube screamer. You might be able to tighten up the tone enough for it to sound good. After playing through a spider it'll sound like a god damn ENGL anyway.

Country fag here. Working on linking the different major and minor pentetonics horizontally and vertically up and down the neck. For example, playing the e major pentetonics from open low E to the E 4 octaves up on the bottom string 15th fret. Part two, is foing thr scale with four frets from low string to high. Moving 4 frets and finding it there., etc etc.

What is really missing me off us not understanding the basics of bebop improv. There is definitely a method there and everyone thinks they know but they dont. They can't recreate even a simplified version.
youtube com/watch?v=RtPP5QQZhV4

*12 fret

Hey guys I'm looking for guitar humidifiers. One that either goes into the guitar or in the case. I've had the Oasis humidifier recommended, pic related

fk them bitches up with some burzum

chur, still here still listening
need to pick up a metronome i think

Pft, that's not a guitar, it's got 8 strings on it you fool! Low quality bate..

Cliffs of Dover would get you infinite monies. Something that people generally hail as god tier playing, but is still easily recognized. You might have luck with Satriani shit if you're feeling froggy. I would suck your dick on the spot if I saw you playing Satch Boogie on a corner.

Metronome beats is a good app, and free too. It's what I use. As a side note I hate to be that guy but I feel like listening to and playing progressive metal, and other more technical styles of metal, will boost your chops quicker than a lot of other styles. Not insinuating that other genres don't take skill, but I feel like progressive metal is one of the more generally complex, and technically advanced areas of music to play. The genre as a whole I mean.

Grandpa, is that you?

Bump

Anybody know if it's possible to add a whammy bar to a guitar without any support for it?

I recently traded my Schecter Blood Moon for this beauty
how did i do?

yoooo intervals is the shit, i legit used to learn momento and mata hari back in the fukin day. im actually learning a song by INTERLOPER its called A RED LETTER DAY. check it, its op AF

Been working on Neon by John Mayer a little bit the past two weeks. Also enjoying the shit out of pic related that I got last month.

Ibanez iceman ic500bk I love this guitar. Right now I'm working on sad but true lol.

i did a cover of stabwound a while back. are you following the tabs on UG? they aren't that accurate, unfortunately.

anyways, with the intro leads, just remember to break them down into single bars for a while. when you've got it fluid, do two bars, and so on. the hardest parts, imo, are the alternate picking runs. i've been playing it for years and i still am not up to speed, to the point that i'm currently learning to alternate pick in a different way just because i think it'll be faster in the long run.

good luck.

Play some Tommy Emmanuel. That'll get you cash.

sure, if you wanna fuck up a perfectly good guitar

Good choice. I'm sure this guitar is much different and will teach you in different ways. Learn some satriani stuff where he sides around a lot and you'll see why a thinner neck is good for this kind of stuff. Sweet rig and happy jamming to all you bros.

I'm still pretty new to bass, but I've been working on learning the bass line for Jefferson Airplane's 'White Rabbit.' The tabs I've found don't really sound right to me, so I've been trying to experiment and work it out for myself.

I've been working on this one (first one) too, but can't find any tabs to go by: m.youtube.com/watch?v=rK-Dg4wXvc8