Charts thread

charts thread

Other urls found in this thread:

collage.topsters.net/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

honestly not that bad, but not great. good enough that we might be able to work it though.

dump dark city and add pic related.

need to add barry lyndon and the prestige too off the top of my head. about 1/3 of those (gradually more towards the bottom) can be dumped too. if there's an interest, ill give you my opinion on what can go.

would not mind if this thread got serious and some lads started throwing out recs. its a little too entry-level and some of those are not Sup Forums core in the slightest..

I've collecting few of those since I wanted to start watch more and more better films.

missing the best one. The Castle.
Dark City is a great sci fi
Everything else here is less than 8/10

GOTTA

The Castle is on the chart m8

I never understood why these kinds of in-depth lists/charts are with movies, and not directors. If you're at the point when you want to watch art films or classics, you'll understand how important it is to go by both director and time period, and not just watch randomly whatever. It's especially dumb when you have multiple films by the same director scattered throughout the list haphazardly.
It should just be a list of recommended directors, and maybe 1 or 2 of their films as a rec to begin with.

All of these look boring as fuck

Your castle is in another princess.

Why?

some good, some meh stuff on there

I think our knowledge has grown and tastes have really shifted since these charts were shared on old Sup Forums, like that first chart in the OP wouldn't describe Sup Forums's taste anymore.

there should probably be some new charts made soon

>pretentious
Please stop this meme

It pisses me off when some faggot makes a chart of his favorite movies and calls it official /tv. Half of the movies in there are trash we never discuss or even shit on when we have a chance.

Kinda agree, but that's up to the guy who takes recommendations from the list. Yeah, I am more interested in the threads that talk about directors (like I screenshoted the recent one with the Polish directors), but you know, bringing the classics/influential films gets you into the spirit better than systemically watching only Bunuel or Fellini. Also, because only The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie is on the chart doesn't mean I haven't seen other films of his.
Take them as recommendations, not the \tv\core artcore they name themselves.

is it bad that only movie I've seen here is her?

Yeah, I didn't say the recommendations themselves aren't good, it's just that the lists are a huge mess and somewhat unfriendly to new people who are trying to get into it. Picking a random name from a list based on the cover isn't exactly the optimal way to go, especially when the list has all kinds of different stuff, from Wild at Heart and La Haine to Simon of the Desert and La Jetee.
It should at least let you know what you're going into, otherwise you risk having people who only watch mainstream blockbusters jump blindly into a Tarr or Weerasethakul or whatever.
I think the best way to do it is by directors, and separated into categories based on how hard they are to get into for a beginner. But then again, no list is even remotely comparable to having someone actually explain it to you how to fully appreciate good films.

>charts thread
Is there some online chart maker?

And why are there masterpieces mixed with shit movies on that chart?

not bad, just sad
what are you even doing here?

collage.topsters.net/

Where did you get those pics?

Here a couple of months back

That's all I got lads

>Valerie and Her Week of Wonders
Why is everyone so into that film? I thought it was a complete mess. Sure, it's got all the eastern european folklore themes and the whole coming of age thing, but it felt like it bit more than it could chew and it just jumbled everything together without having any real substance to it. And I'm saying this as a fan of Roeg, Zulawski and Lynch, who all make messy, chaotic films.

Why no Batman v Superman?

saved yesterday

On season 5 and this chart has been pretty accurate so far

who's the 2nd in the 'would bang tier' ?

> No Alfredo Garcia
> No Marathon man
> No Three days of the Condor
> No Gateway

new Solondz (wiener-dog) is really good

anyone has full resolution one?

How is fargo a mindfuck film? Its one of my favourite films but I just cant see what so "mindfuck" about it

>moulin rouge
>A.I

>not the thing (1982)
>not war flower's
>not the exorcist

kill yourself

>benjamin button
why?

>510x784
kys today

hey where's razorback?

It's a great movie?

Had an user rec me On the Silver Globe a long time ago but never got around to watching it, one day old friend. One day.

>anything more complex then a summer blockbuster is pretentious

This chart is way too polarizing and missing way too many universally(or at least as close as you can get to it here) loved movies on Sup Forums.

Mother fucker you don't even have The Thing on here.