youtube.com/watch?v=qMKFR73GvQ8
youtube.com/watch?v=XmvPnOKL-Ok
youtube.com/watch?v=lkvqrCGuS10
youtube.com/watch?v=HMoahsvskoM
youtube.com/watch?v=AJ_gCqbvzmo
youtube.com/watch?v=xzsV_FCOcYw
youtube.com/watch?v=YLKWB5rofsg
youtube.com/watch?v=wCmbcBrHT5I
youtube.com/watch?v=XqmqRVSvXSc&list=PLhk4PkwMUzWObkzawl5-eromfNoonDdO1&index=59
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_music
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Déserts
youtu.be/zv-I-CNv3JI
youtu.be/ctYsn8p3P90
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Most stuff outside the realm of art music, jazz, electronic, and ethnic/traditional folk music. The rest is useless waste of time garbage that's shallow and only has importance in non-musical contexts. It's why musicologists don't go all out on analyzing popular music as much, and why popular music critics are just people blurting out subjective buzzwords like Fantano, Christgau, and Pitchfork.

original thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thank your for sharing oyur opinion you are very improtantttttttt

Go forbid I happen to think of something someone has already thought of?!?!?!?! THE HORROR

yiou you you you oyu you yoyu oyou you youy oyu o yu

I agree with this, it's frankly poor vocal health and sounds awful. Nu metal also masturbates over distortion too much.

Personally I can stand pop rock of the 80's like Def Leppard, and Guns and Roses.

ready for shitstorm, you say?
youtube.com/watch?v=qMKFR73GvQ8

dev's best work desu

I feel the same way about that time of metal and I also really hate anything that overuses acoustic guitars, especially when they're at the front of the mix and just annoyingly strummy and jangly and not pizzicato or defined.

>he doesn't like metal
Such a huge dissapointment, atleast you're still a cute tanuki girl

Basically this, except that any electronic music other than EAI and musique concrète is worthless garbage as well.

most metal and hip hop suck, but metal moreso

Rock music in general sucks desu, the only rock genres that I can tolerate are RIO, zeuhl and maybe krautrock.

harsh noise, indie rock

I agree but I like metal as a genre. A lot of older stuff from the early 70s was good

Trap

>enjoying something is a "useless waste of time garbage"
Sounds like you're just an insecure faggot desu.

Electro-swing. Somebody sold me a "jazz" record in Europe and it turned out to be a heaping pile of EDM laden swing samples :(

Music fucking sucks

>metal where people tear their vocal chords screaming

As far as I know, this is limited to literally one album where the guy produced the most ungodly black metal shrieks and then had to retire from vocal performance permanently.

I hate the direction extreme metal is going. Old metal was ridiculously fun, energetic music. Nowdays it seems there is an unwritten law that all metal bands must sound this 'brvtal' and do whatever vocal mutilation or distorted, endless riffing necessary to acheive this specific sound. The result criminally lacks rhythm nor dynamics.

Examples?

I have the same opinion yet it is what I predominantly listen to. FML enjoy jazz rock too much.

Also going to unironically say that you probably have the most stoically badass taste in rock music like, ever. Liking less sometimes makes your tastes better.

The whole damn lot. Cant stand Mayhem, Gojira, Btbam, Meshuggah, Tool and a whole bunch of other stuff I dont remember anymore. You can say Im just a metal pleb cause I am but I cant even listen to 10 minutes of most modern metal albums. My opinion will be very hard to change.

>Mayhem, Gojira, Btbam, Meshuggah, Tool

Yeah, these have little/nothing to do with each other and none of those bands even formed in this decade. In fact, most of them didn't even form in this millennium. Using them as examples of "modern" metal is flawed at best.

As you anticipated, you are just a metal pleb.

You have barely listened to metal, try forming an opinion before talking shit about something you know nothing about. What's up with all these shit entry level bands you listed? Also,
>a whole bunch of other stuff i don't remember
Yeah sure, i have encountered this excuse countless times (irl i assure you) and they always turned out to be complete plebs, lacking any experience when it comes to the genre, except the popular stuff.

Modern music as a whole is fairly worthless in comparison to classical music. It's as if tomorrow the entire world were to forget about novels and to proceed to spend the next 200 years consuming and producing children's picture books. What does it matter how skilled an artist may be when the form they're working with is fundamentally plebeian?

What album would this be?

Fleurety - A Darker Shade of Evil

Actually an EP. I misremembered.

fucking trash vocals

youtube.com/watch?v=XmvPnOKL-Ok

It sounds like running shoes squeaking on a gymnasium floor.

Well yes I am a pleb but I suck at appreciating heavy music in general. Its too heavy for me to enjoy in an easy listening/pop mindset so I can only enjoy it how I like most of my other rock music; dense in texture, eclectic and groovy. I think the few modern metal bands I do like serve to reinforce this. Off the top of my head, I enjoy shit like Behold the Arctopus, Ne Obliviscaris, Sithu Aye (not really a band but w/e), Baroness, Planet X, Blotted Science, Sieges Even, Death and Pain of Salvation.
As a whole, Watchtower and Voivod are my favorite metal bands.

The fact that these bands are all different subgenres and some having formed pre millenium sorta just reinforces my sentiments that metal has gone way too heavy + fast way too quickly; emphasising the aesthetics of the music over its actual enjoyability.
And no I dont like Gorguts either.

>Off the top of my head, I enjoy shit like Behold the Arctopus, Ne Obliviscaris, Sithu Aye (not really a band but w/e), Baroness, Planet X, Blotted Science, Sieges Even, Death and Pain of Salvation.

Ah, so you're not a metal pleb. You're a nu-male.

I hope you grow some nuts soon. Have a nice day.

Whats a nu male?

Electronic music, fuck all of it.

>Watchtower and Voivod
Well i guess i was a little harsh these two are great bands unlike the other overproduced technical stuff you posted. You show potential though so try these
youtube.com/watch?v=lkvqrCGuS10
youtube.com/watch?v=HMoahsvskoM
youtube.com/watch?v=AJ_gCqbvzmo
youtube.com/watch?v=xzsV_FCOcYw

Thanks for the recommendations. Its likely that I wont enjoy most of these (aside from Fates Warning) but I am usually open to music suggestions from anyone.
Tbh technicality in modern extreme metal is abused so much and I hate modern sound production in general. Your standards seem pretty high but many of the bands I listed are the ones I feel have somewhat used these undesirable elements to their advantage. I not a big fan of most of them aside from Sieges Even, Arctopus and anything by Ron Jarzombek.

A comepletely avant-garde human life form with no genitals.

Haha I'm still not 100% sure what that is but I'm not trying to be avant garde. I mean, I think Nwobhm is the best metal subgenre!
(or movement if you want to be technical) That is anything but avant garde.

I don't think you'd classify ambient music as garbage.

He really did struck a nerve, aye?

pleb

I get the feeling you have pretty fucking redpill taste in metal; though as a pleb, I could be wrong.

I've only listened to Perfect Symmetry but being a veteran prog metal group, I was most certainly expecting that speed metal/ early power metal fusion from Fates Warning. Obviously I like them.

Atrocity reminds me of Death so that instantly makes them way above average when it comes to the DM I've heard.

Septicflesh: I simply can't appreciate this and I can't explain why.

Ungfell: Bm just isn't my thing

>Bm just isn't my thing
You could try Sabbat, not really pure bm (black/thrash) but really good nonetheless
youtube.com/watch?v=YLKWB5rofsg
also these
youtube.com/watch?v=wCmbcBrHT5I
youtube.com/watch?v=XqmqRVSvXSc&list=PLhk4PkwMUzWObkzawl5-eromfNoonDdO1&index=59

clueless idiot

>youtube.com/watch?v=XqmqRVSvXSc&list=PLhk4PkwMUzWObkzawl5-eromfNoonDdO1&index=59

I suppose I am beyond help? I have a bunch of metal friends who like you, also recommend or simply name drop metal music. So far, the only ones I've actually enjoyed out of these suggestions are half of those 'modern prog metal' groups I listed and more punk edged stuff. Stuff like crust punk and metalcore have somehow managed to catch my attention. (like Amebix, Doom, Shai Hulud or Rorschach.)

Idk man just listen to whatever you want and slowly build your taste, no reason to worry about bullshit. Just keep in mind to never write anything off by association and maybe you'll come to enjoy something that you would never imagine liking otherwise.
It's not like your taste in music is terrible or anything.

Haha that's reassuring. I just wish I wasn't so love/hate towards metal music. I lost my patience for heavy music very suddenly and it feels like a damn withdrawal.

Indie folk. Possibly the most pretentious genre and roughly every artist off of the genre is numale

I dont like electronic music, I just dont get it.

if you write a post anymore ironic then the earth with spontaneously combust

Electronic music isn't just EDM and trance. Not that there's anything to get in those genres. Here are some resources:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_music
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Déserts
youtu.be/zv-I-CNv3JI
youtu.be/ctYsn8p3P90

I used to have this attitude, a lot of that dubstep and trap shit gives you a bad prejudice.

Honestly, this type of music is way too broad to dismiss in one go. Personally, I like the 70s new age/ ambient Tangerine Dream type stuff.

I would. Ambient is music for housekeepers.

Anytime someone mentions the term emo

>I would. Ambient is music for housekeepers.
At least you had the decency to sage when you shitpost.

Electronic music covers a shitload of genres. How are there so many people who don't get this?

t.middle aged white guy

Well it really depends on what kind of electronic music you've heard so far. I'm 100% that in the 70+ years that electronic music has existed there is at least one genre you'd love (Synth-punk was my gateway genre)

Although synth-punk wasn't my gateway genre, I was rarely so impressed by a primitive drum machine as I was with the one used on Suicide's debut album. That could be a starting point for most people alienated by electronic music, even though the album isn't anything special lyrically wise.

Hip-Hop. Lowest common denominator; the genre. Anyone deserve to be looked down on for liking hip-hop

he's not a nu-male. just a prog neckbeard

leave the poor kid alone. he's probably to intell-of-gent to listen to anything but wanky djent

Dubstep...I dont enjoy listening to robots fucking each other. And metal is the best so fuck off.