Why are Australian state borders so 'square'?

Why are Australian state borders so 'square'?

Because they're mostly empty.

The U.K. has autism about straight lines. Look at the borders of countries in africa and see what I mean

>New Zealand

Such a waste of land.

straight lines are more aesthetic

Is WA the most racist state?

are you telling me Australia has vast swathes of land that have very low population density?

because their buttholes are cute

Washington is pretty fucked

lel

Queensland is, WA is isolated so they hate everyone

there's literally nothing in the centre of australia, it's uninhabitable desert

watch a mad max film for once in your life

Have ever gone there?

there's a big rock and a lot of abos

god no

Probably northern queenslanders
Because they have to deal with abos all the time

Once you get to the southern areas of Queensland, like Brisbane, you start to get a bit iffy.

looks comfy
I'd visit it

>New Zealand

not my mistake
out of Brazil you name Australia as a continent and as a country

There's a train trip called the Ghan you can travel from the top to the bottom which cuts right through the middle of the country - nearly 2000 miles.

Because there's almost no natural features in the interior of our continent that could be used to define borders. The only one is the Murray River separating New South Wales and Victoria.

Each state evolved from a single colony which will be that capital city for that state, when each city was first founded it would be responsible for a lot of uninhabited land around it and trying to do something with it
It was easiest at the time to just use latitude and longitude to draw the boundaries between colonies since they hadn't explorered the interior so couldnt use landmarks like rivers or mountains
Exception being between nsw and victoria where the border uses the murray river for the majority

no rivers?