Why was it so disliked?

Why was it so disliked?

because it was a big budget asylum movie, with a weak script

it's not a good film

It was really uninspired.

Aliens want gold and I'm an alien the whole time! Wow!

It had interesting chatacters, Mist of them even had an arc, and a nice simple Story, which wasn't overdone.

Did you even watch the movie?
He wasn't an alien

It's a b-movie concept in a movie that takes it self very seriously. People weren't ready

What about now?
I think It got better over the years

wild west kino desu

Also, the aliens were pretty generic-looking aliens. To someone in the 1800s, they'd be fucking terrifying. But to an audience in the 2000s, they looked like every ID4/Transformers/Battleship aliens we've seen in movies all the time.
I'd have loved something that looked alien to someone in the 1800s, while still maintaining an Old West aesthetic. Something a little more steampunk-y. Not quite Wild Wild West-levels, but I'd want the aliens to look like they're in a western.

Cyan/magenta poster

Here we go again

this. plus stupid aliens (gold - Jesus really?). Also absolutely mediocre Ford's acting

Ford has been calling it in for decades

If aliens could invade earth in modern time, then why not back then?

its an interesting concept

yeah but he has never been juxtaposed with a good actor like Craig. It was just sad.

Craig has been calling it in for decades

Paul Dano was the best actor in the movie

this is what the SyFy version of the film should have been called

I loved the gold part!
It is a rare, useful element, so it makes sense for other species to dig for it.
And it felt so western-like, with the gold rush at the time.
The gold thing is one of the best parts of the film.

who's trying

The title was one of the main reasons, for the mixed Reviews, I think.

>useful element
for a human , not an alien with a warp drive who can travel galaxy

you know, I've thought about it.. and you're right

you, and those sick dubs wont change it

change wot m8?

But that isn't a essetial Part of the Story, how can it affect your expierence?
That's Not what the movie is about

but it was just so stupid. why would so advanced aliens be interested in few coins. i would give it a pass if they wanted to steal millions tons of gold but instead they were attacking single ppl. I know that from a movie called 'Cowboys vs aliens' i shouldnt expect much but fucking come on

didn't they have a gold mine

but much gold can you get from a mine - 10 , 100 tons? i wouldnt move my ass from some comfy planet if i were an alien. i would get it from some asteroid

They sucked the Gold out of earth, the coins getting sucked up too was just a sideeffect.

The title was the reason I watched it in the first place

One of the most forgettable movies ever.
I know I saw it, but I don't remember anything other than Daniel Craig starring in it.