Why is this slag so hyped on Sup Forums? Her music is literally just Queen

Why is this slag so hyped on Sup Forums? Her music is literally just Queen.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lLaJaEgm3KQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pleb filter.

I wish I knew
I believe it's just because she's like Grimes but "cooler" because her music is old and sophisticated

Grimes: 34 year old LSD addict who writes humdrum pop songs over soundcloud tier production

Kate Bush: wrote and choreographed wuthering heights at 17, widely considered to be one of the great pop song writers of all time, has cool hair

she's an adderall addict retard

she's our mommy

She does a shit load of ecstasy and lsd as well. Her brain is fried

>Her music is literally just Queen
That was so stupid I actually laughed

She's great that's why. Writer and producer of her own albums. She is on the same level as Brian Wilson or David Bowie imo.

>Grimes: 34 year old LSD addict who writes humdrum pop songs over soundcloud tier production
Literally everything is wrong here. Even her age.

BTW this is a Kate Bush thread, not a Grimes thread, moron. Keep your stupid Grimes hate to yourself.

grimesfag detected

how the hell could somebody hate kate bush?

did joanna newsom rip off kate bush's stupid medieval baby voice?

Your second hand detector sucks, fuckwit.

OP is just a jealous grimesfag confirmed

She looks like those stereotype fat ladies who sing in opera.

I'm not the OP, dummy

Top kek writing your own music as a female is now a world class accomplishment.

Who mentioned anything about her looks? We're talking about music.

it literally is. name 5 other women who write and produce their own shit

Well if it's good as good as like Kate Bush does it is a world class accomplishment for both male or female.

Probably a grimefag

her music got shit too, purely by coincidence

Her last two albums are ok. They new live album is amazing.

No one here reps Aerial or even gets the concept behind An Endless Sky of Honey, and it's made me generally cynical in these Kate Bush threads. I've seen too many rankings like:

>1) The Dreaming (same as HoL only more expirimental)
>2) Hounds of Love (solid pop album and that's it)
>3) The Kick Inside
>4) Never For Ever
>5) Lionheart
>6) The Sensual World (this album gave me a boner lol)
>7) I actually haven't listened to her other albums but I know they're shit so I'm just going to give them some arbitrary ranking that really shits on Aerial and The Red Shoes

Like, come on guys, we have to do better than this. Re-listen to Side B of Aerial, all of you.

You are not wrong haha

Name 10 female artists who: sing, write and produce all their songs.

I'm going to help you guys out with An Endless Sky of Honey.

>The second disc, subtitled A Sky of Honey, consists of a single piece of music reveling in the experience of outdoor adventures on a single summer day, beginning in the morning and ending twenty-four hours later with the next sunrise. The songs are saturated with the presence of birdsong, and all refer to the sky and sunlight, with the sea also featuring as an important element. Beginning with solo piano, doves cooing, and Bush’s son saying, “Mummy, Daddy, the day is full of birds,” the piece begins with an early morning awakening to a beautiful day of sun shining “like the light from Italy”; it proceeds through a visit with a painter who is working on a new piece of sidewalk art (‘An Architect’s Dream and ‘The Painter’s Link’) and then passes on to a crimson ‘Sunset.’ The interlude ‘Aerial Tal,’ consists of Bush imitating various samples of birdsong, while ‘Somewhere in Between’ celebrates the ambiguous nature of dusk. ‘Nocturn,’ features a pair of lovers bathing in the sea after dark under a star-studded “diamond sky.” The song cycle ends with ‘Aerial’ and its euphoric welcome of the following morning’s sunrise with the refrain “I need to get up on the roof…in the sun.”

When you're done with what this user said, then name 1 that did it anywhere near Kate's level, and then we'll happily tell you why you're wrong.

I have to listen to this then. I have only listen her first 5 albums.

Not that user, but Grimes is the only one who surpassed Kate. Call that a contrarian opinion, I don't care.

She is literally the Queen desu

youtu.be/lLaJaEgm3KQ

When other influencial artist start to talk about Grimes like this you will be right.

are you people real? are there really people this pathetic and embarrassing?

They are probably trolls or retarded fucks

I like believing it's just a goof since facing that level of autism would be unbearable for me

I can't name one Grimes album that's even on par with The Red Shoes. Maybe Art Angels, but that's a stretch.

and thats her worst album

>appeal to authority

>MY opinions are legit, yours suck
You, in a nutshell

>intentionally comparing Kate's weakest album with one of Grimes' best albums
Lame. You're trying too hard. IMO Visions is better than The Dreaming and Hounds of Love put togheter.

>the one autist that is in every thread dedicated to a female artist shows up

>Lame. You're trying too hard. IMO Visions is better than The Dreaming and Hounds of Love put togheter.
If you really believe this and aren't just taking the piss, you are out of your goddamn mind. And I like Grimes, even.

>IMO Visions is better than The Dreaming and Hounds of Love put togheter

Man...

>>intentionally comparing Kate's weakest album with one of Grimes' best albums
what's wrong with that? Grimes' best album is worse than Kate's best.

>The Dreaming and Hounds of Love
>Kate's weakest album
???

she was the Grimes of the 80s

but Kate made good music?

Just my opinion. Deal with it.

>Grimes' best album is worse than Kate's best.
Shit bait.

She did good music but Grimes did even better music. Kate sounds like the '80s, kinda dated and theatrical; Grimes sounds like the future.

>Her music is literally just Queen
what the fuck is this
Kate is Queen, period

> Kate sounds like the '80s

Even 70's Kate?

>Grimes sounds like the future.
her music is going to age like milk, art angels sounded dated the day it came out

Never listened to Kate Bush before now and wow they were right. Grimes really is just a cheap knockoff of Kate Bush

You're just fooling yourself. Her music will always sound fresh for the simple reason that nobody will surpass or will cheapen her sound. She's one of a kind, so there will not be countless copies to make her sound dated and tired.

>art angels sounded dated the day it came out
You know shit about music if you say such dumb things. AA sounds fresh even now. It's funny how an album from 2015 could sound way more futuristic than recent pop albums.