I've never seen German people care about France

Don't they get along well?
Why don't German people care about France?

These fuckers destroyed our magnificient castle REEEEEE
Also they gave us Saarland

It's okay, we don't care about them at all

TOPKEK

Just a banter m8

preemptive retaliations, m8

I imagine it's because France is doing relatively well. Germany has to deal with the shit countries in the EU, they don't have time to worry about someone doing ok.

It's really just banter between brothers.
The EU was founded partly to overcome our differences, we're friends now.

By the way, Mannheim castle has exactly one more window than Versailles :^)

>Don't they get along well?
we do so that's why you don't see us arguing

>By the way, Mannheim castle has exactly one more window than Versailles :^)

So this is the power of german banter?

They just don't like us, like the rest of the world.
We learn their language in school and we like to travel there, but that's about it.
So you could say we don't really care about each other.

Germans are pretty indifferent to pretty much anything.
We don't really know well germany because there language is really hard to learn and overall modern germany is a bit boring, so nobody really go there except for business.

Familiarity breeds contempt. Nations hate nations more the more similar they are.

>I imagine it's because France is doing relatively well.

Do you see Germany posting anyway? I guess they stay in their general

And 50% of the Germans that do post aren't even German from what it seems. Or they could just be a vocal minority, idk

>doing relatively well
Why are you so fucking stupid?
Actually why all Americans are for that matter

its just memeing lad, i like frenchies, better french speaking country than """Belgium"""

Have you ever seen France caring for anybody other than themselves?

There is no such thing as "german" people.

>Don't they get along well?
Germany built itself on the hatred for french, they call us the "Erbfeind" (hereditary enemies), it's not a coincidence if Bismarck planned the unification of the country on a war against France, Hitler visceral hatred for us was just in the long tradition since the XVIIIth century.

On the other side we never really cared about them until 1871, the historic rivalry was toward the austrians and the english, that's why WWI generated a lot of hatred toward them in France because they displayed a brutality and violence that we were not accustomed to, it was seen as gratuitous and fanatical.

At the end of the day we have little in common too, historically we have a strong cultural connection with italians (Renaissance/Papacy) and british (Guillaume conquest/PlantagenĂȘt/Enlightment) but we never developped any real meaningful links with the germans (despite the Carolingian Empire).

we care about québec

See it as an old couple: Germany is the father of Europe, France is the mother of Europe
We've been stuck in a furious divorce about who gets in charge of all the children but came together despite all the bitterness since we're old and about to die

>Hitler visceral hatred for us

Yeah, right. Hitler really hated the French, that's why he left half of France unoccupied.

You never read Mein Kampf did you ?

After 3 years of french in my class I never wanted anything to do with it again. Most beautiful language my ass.

Got quite a few French colleagues where I work. Nice people, can be overly smug however.

French and German mindsets are more alike than they care to admit.

Thanks for proving my point

They don't like each other for the most part. (But then again many Europeans don't like other Europeans)

But apart from Balkans people have stopped killing each other every 10 years so it's all good.

No. But speaking from what Hitler actually did, French were the last of his worries. He hated Jews, he hated Slavs and boy, did he make that obvious.

So yeah, fuck off with "visceral hated" when Hitler didn't even bomb your cities or kill most of your officers.

> we learn their language in school
Only few people do and after Abitur they can't really speak it anyway. Latin and Spanish are far more commonly learned third languages, at least in my state. And Danish, but that's just a thing here in SH.

Not him but obviously the French resistance was too strong, it was literally everywhere, and if Germans tried to push any further the French would have severely damaged the reich.
As a result, terrified by the might of the resistance, Hitler had to surrender and let the French live their lives peacefully until the end of the war.

Really makes me think

Your nation is not similar to ours though.

>tfw can't tell if this post is ironic or not

>tfw can't tell if this post is ironic or not

wut?

Britain is that cranky neighbor that only sides with someone whenever it suits his interests.