Can someone from here tell me about holy week over there?

Just curious to hear how it is different from burgerland.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1XKxbe1wOT8
youtube.com/watch?v=itFpKscjCms
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The christians in Spain dress up as the KKK and walk the streets with the Virgin or Christ in their shoulders.

youtube.com/watch?v=1XKxbe1wOT8

youtube.com/watch?v=itFpKscjCms

Probably some processions(?) in Portugal

That's all very neat. As an Omaha resident, we do basically nothing like this. I kinda wish we did desu.

>Just curious to hear how it is different from burgerland.
Well, for starters, they actually celebrate easter.

What is your religious background? Catholics and some types of protestants (usually Episcopalians or Lutherans) will put on something interesting, but it's not really as public or cultural as it is in Europe.

Wait protestants unironically don't celebrate Easter? My family always painted eggs and gave candy but were Catholics.

They eat pasta and not tacoburritos

>Including Greece in the Mix
As expected from an American to not know the difference between Orthodox and Catholic.

You're lucky they celebrate holy week the same days as Catholics are this year but usually they celebrate it later.

I think for most protestants they aren't as traditional about it. My family is Lutheran, and that's basically catholic but without the Pope (and with a lamer liturgy).

>lol let's just randomly cut France in two
i hate you

this too

>anglicans
>protestant
lmao

I guess that settles it, protestants truly are heretics and should be burned at the stake.

There are some processions but it's only in the south west part it doesn't goes far up to the centre like in your pic.
Spain has bigger ones though.

Yeah, Anglicans have our own category, like the Catholics and the Orthodox. We're somewhat Catholic (well, many would say we ARE Catholic but not Roman Catholic) and somewhat Protestant. It's cool to have your own weird category.

Anglicans in the US are fairly split. The Episcopal Church is anglo-catholic as fuck (often higher church than you're typical RCC parish) but very very liberal in views.

Anglican Church in North America is more reformed. They're pretty low church and quite conservative.

In my opinion the trend of Catholicism towards liberalism in the United States is a holdover from discrimination in the past. Kennedy being the first Catholic president was a big deal.

Most true hardcore catholics I've known are fiscally left leaning (since that's the closest they can get to distributism) but socially conservative.

Yeah, split in the sense that the ACNA is literally split off from the official Episcopal Church and doesn't want anything to do with it (aside from wanting to keep the buildings that are owned by the Dioceses they left).

Within the Episcopal/Anglican Church, not everyone is so liberal, which is why votes on things like same-sex marriage have been narrow and controversial, but it's good for us to stay together and work out our differences.

So yeah, we're pretty similar to the Lutheran Church.

I think they celebrate something called "Easter" over there. Perhaps because they are to the East of us?

We celebrate Pascua
where did the anglicism "Easter" come from? most of europe uses a derivative of latin "pascae"

It's because of the social doctrine of the church. Beside greed is consider a sin.

holy week in greece is not the same as ours since they are orthodox

That moment when you exclude half of Greece.
I live in Northern Greece so I guess this thread is not for me.

What have you done with Greece?

Thessaloniki?

>he doesn't about occitans
Parisian, I guess?

I am Greek

The christians celebrate easter in istanbul aswell desu.
Its nice the churches hand out free kinder eggs for people.

yep