>Democracy:

A system that follows the popular opinion of the population.

Agree?

Other urls found in this thread:

historians.org/about-aha-and-membership/aha-history-and-archives/presidential-addresses/charles-francis-adams
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>A system that follows the popular opinion of the population.

Yes, but one should always keep in mind, there is no such thing as popular opinion, only published opinion.

But does it really work this way?

Democracy is just mob rule. Majority wins, despite how narrow the victory. Democracy on its own is shit

>survival anxiety
>leads to K-selection

No wonder the leftists literally can't even

Here is a long essay that should give you as an American some insight.

historians.org/about-aha-and-membership/aha-history-and-archives/presidential-addresses/charles-francis-adams

If you have high time-preference, just from this quote for as long as you can.

>Twelve presidential canvasses, and six great national debates have thus been passed in rapid review. It is as if, in the earlier history of the country we had run the gamut from Washington to Van Buren. Taken as a whole, viewed in gross and perspective, the retrospect leaves much to be desired. That the debates held in Ireland and France during the same time have been on a distinctly lower level, I at once concede. Those held in Great Britain and Germany have not been on a higher. Yet ours have at best been only relatively educational; as a rule extremely partizan, they have been personal, often scurrilous, and intentionally deceptive. One fact is, however, salient. With the exception of the first, that of 1856–1860, not one of the debates reviewed has left an utterance which, were it to die from human memory, would by posterity be accounted a loss.

>Unconditional Basic Income
>People can be lazy fucks without consequence!

>everyone gets free money
>prices go up because everyone gets free money

I have a better idea, why doesn't every just get a million dollars every month?

we vote on it in a few weeks. see it crash and burn and getting flushed down the shitter with 80% against it.

But "survival anxiety" aka "acting as nature fucking intends" is the driving force behind life in general.
Having a lot of free time does not make you into superman. I learned as much when I started doing much more after I got out and worked in the real world.

Lol. Don't forget the complete loss of productive initiative and desire to succeed or attract a mate

Can somebody explain how universal basic income is not nightmare inflation and exactly why the elites would do this?

Sounds great, bub!

The Fed can make everyone millionaires or billionaires!

I also love that classic leftist term invention.
"Survival Anxiety".
Fucking newspeak.

survival anxiety is how i got to where i am

basically frick poor people

>Having 6 presidents

Anyways what if I says
Democracy: a system used by corporations and special interests to push laws in their favor.

>ITT brainwashed wageslave

And this is coming from a hardworking wage slave. You guys can bullshit all you want but without basic income you'll just have a bunch of poor hungry people with useless degrees that'll uprise and it'll be full class warfare in the near future.

Doesn't matter if you think people are "lazy" for wanting this. Its something that has to be done. Automation is changing the entire world as we speak.

that's why we gotta keep it white, baby

some sort of catharsis is building up right now. time for a shake up.

>creates an aggressively competitive attitude

good

complacency breeds failure

I'd be down with UBI if we also had a eugenics program to be honest family.

Most of the shit in survival anxiety are pros.
I'm all for a fairer society, but necessity is the mother of invention. Pressure, competition, rivalry can build self esteem, and promotes initiative, and fuels creativity.
Also requires everyone to work, which builds the community and destroys social isolation.
Plus, allowing people who do not want to contribute to the system to benefit from it on such a large scale seems like a horrible idea.

Lol, "basic." Nice vague term thrown in there for future expansion. Didn't see that coming.

Kind of like how now a college education is considered a necessity. "Basic" will just get bigger and bigger.

Yeah
Now think for a second, does these people really know what's good for them?

>Plus, allowing people who do not want to contribute to the system to benefit from it on such a large scale seems like a horrible idea.
many dont know it but that's already the case in most western countries. take Germany: only ca. 15% of all Germans are netto tax payer and they literally pay for the rest and everything else.

No. It will not happen. It would be preferable that the government pay the excess workforce to dig ditches and fill them back in than to implement UBI. This is the field of clover bullshit that will destroy our civilization.