Wage/feels/ thead?

Wage/feels/ thead?

>tfw graduating from university late
>tfw spent a couple of years working in logistics
>tfw became a manager, conducted interviews and sometimes made up to $1,500 per week
>tfw work was very unfulfilling and I always knew I wanted to finish my degree sooner than later
>tfw taking classes again
>tfw working as a delivery driver part-time

>tfw feel the shame cock-slapping my face every time I walk out of the store with a branded hat and hot bag in hand

Second to last day doing this shit.

Can't wait to get into a graduate program so I live off a pitiful stipend. I'd rather teach students who don't care about what I'm saying than get treated like an idiot by customers who assume I'm a top-tier retard for having a menial job.

>LOGistics

oh look, it's this retard again

I have one of those "menial" jobs where customers come in and instantly assume you're shit-tier, but I'm making 1200-1500 a week doing it. Anything in the public eye and people instantly assume they are better than you. I've really started to enjoy watching stuck up people's attitudes when they deal with me. In your case at least you've got a goal and you'll be finishing your degree, just let them be stuck up and laugh that shit off.

At least OP os trying at life.

This queer is on disability in AUS with his carla log shit

Pro tip he proxies through US vpn

Grow up.

>tfw I don't use Sup Forums nearly enough to get the joke

That's the plan for now.

I've only got another two days to go and then I'm done.

Taking fall semester off to travel overseas and then I'm wrapping up my degree shortly after returning. I have a few freelance writing contracts, so I think I'll try subsisting off that instead of returning to shit-tier work.

What do you?

Also, kek:

>be me
>17 years old
>just graduated high school and got my drivers license
>step-dad makes me find a job
>get a position greasing fries and flipping burgers at McDonald's
>mopping the lobby
>woman says to her kid, "If you don't stop messing around in school, you'll end up like that guy"

>mfw

I'm a senior manager for a retail company, but I'm also in my early 20s. So I get the condescending attitude from not only customers but store managers in different locations as well. I've been trying to get into an operations position for the last year or so but I believe my age plays a factor in getting over-looked. Feelsbadman.jpg

Oh, kek.

My ex-girlfriend was an advertising major and turned down a retail management position for a similar reason. The pay would have been relatively good, but she didn't want to work in a store or have to interact directly with customers.

Now she's doing social media analysis and getting paid $80,000 per year for sitting around on Facebook all day.

I'll probably end up with an MS and PhD in something stupid, and struggle to pay back the debt for the rest of my life.

Exact same feels OP. Logistics fucking sucks, very little effort, anyone that does work hard gets no recognition. Dunno if it's like it where you work, but most of the people just stand around most of the day talking, including team leaders. But the money is ok at best

23years old work as a butcher 11$/h doesnt make much enough to survive enough of that shit go back to my old roots in drilling find a job in alberta make 3,5k every 2weeks feelsgood buy a 370z, living the good life. a year later compagny almost bankruptcy fort mcmurry burn to the ground, fire burn all the way down in saskatchewan fly back home in quebec never got a call again, go on IE feel depressed cant do my payments anymore reclaim the car now im on Welfare fuck everything

I worked for a small but profitable business, so I was mostly left alone, provided I did my job.

The work was fucking drudgery, though. Most of the time I'd just be staring at a computer screen for hours at a time, occasionally making phone calls and haggling over a few hundred dollars.

I made big commissions on booking truckloads and resolving ticket disputes, and was also paid $1,000 per employee I hired. Money was great for a student, but fuck. All I fucking did all day was sit in a chair and wait for shit to happen.

Yeah my buddy is a social media manager for a small local bank that has 5-6 branches and makes as much as I do fucking around on the computer all day and going to a conference once a week. Only reason I hang around retail is the bonuses, I get my regular salary but I can bonus at the end of the year 25-35k depending on how well we did. I just really hate people. I have a two year but never went for my BS.

kek, me and buddy were running a pizza join in Dawson Creek and we sold pies for 30bucks a pop to you guys on the rigs. Place was pulling in 75k a month at one point, typical over the counter pizza place.

Oil drought hits, place sinks. iktf bro, iktf. Move to Norway, people with rig exp make 40/hr starting here. #1 place in world for money atm.

Yeah.

I remember my ex would always complain about not having enough to do. She'd have to beg her managers to give her an extra project, especially when the agency was between clients or not sure whether a particular contract would pan out.

She told me about how they'd have regular conferences, which would basically be everyone gossiping and eating pizza for an hour.

Odd part is that she works for a really, really big, multi-national ad agency. It's not like it's just some fuck-around local business.

I work third shift in a food production factory, work six or seven hours a day, five days a week. It pays $12/hour which is a lot where I live, and I get a bonus every month if the plant does well. It was seventy in May, and June's is already at fifty, so it'll probably be more. Plus $1200 holiday bonus in November.
In the meantime I'm doing online courses for my teaching degree.

Kinda makes me a little glad for my job now, but not much. Ours mainly deals in kitchen appliances, and being the managers nephew I get the pleasure of learning how to do every role on the shop floor. Whether it's picking pallets, loading them onto trailers, sticking fucking labels on boxes (they fucking hate you if you put a label in the slightly wrong position on a box, regardless of whether it's on the right side). Even ran my own team once, they couldn't follow a simple command and fucked off as soon as they thought they had finished, leaving me with most of the work still, but a team nonetheless.

You'd think I'd be paid more, but everyone earns the same wage. Except team leaders, charge hands (which one of them is fucking useless and just plods along all day, has about 3 half hour breaks a day), or anything IT related

What sort of logistics were working in? What was your role exactly?

I was in operations / transportation logistics. We had a couple dozen semi-trucks, so my interaction with our equipment was minimal. Sometimes I'd go out to the yard with the owner if he had to replace a part and wanted company, but I rarely saw any of our employees.

Learned a ridiculous about semi-trucks and trailers without having sat in one more than two or three times.

Main role is a picker, but like I said I do practically everything. I'll either be stacking the boxes onto pallets and wrapping them, loading them onto trailers and dealing with drivers and their paperwork (most of which are impatient cunts anyway), unloading trailers with pallets of stock or just a whole container of boxes that needs to be stacked, wrapped, labeled, then put away into the racking, occasionally reworking stock for specific customers, like adding unique bar code labels, unboxing then stacking up again, or adding coffee pods into coffee machine boxes. Loading is probably the least boring part, as time goes by fairly quickly and it's definitely the most involved, the company only gets paid once the trailers are despatched.

Would like to try moving up into transport while I'm slugging it out here, I'd prefer to be more involved with the operation and actually have a say in what goes on, when you're just a simple warehouse operative, like the user above said, people constantly look down on you even though I earn a decent wage for very little work.

Drivers are under a lot of pressure, so that's probably why they're impatient.

Most every long-haul trucker gets paid by the mile rather than per hour. The longer they get stuck sitting around, the less likely it is they'll be reloaded and moving before the day is done.

That's especially true for owner-operators and company drivers for smaller businesses, given that their income is contingent on dispatch being able to find a bid load.

op will you do me a favor and check back in like on the 31st of each month or something?

i'm in an almost identical boat.
except i was delivering pizzas fall - spring.
summer doesn't offer the classes i need, so i'm just working full time instead.

i was delivering pizzas until last week. picked up my last paycheck yesterday.

you're almost there. i got about 9 months til i graduate. (end of winter)

A good example is when I had to load a double deck trailer during an extremely busy period. The driver comes in 30 minutes early, our bays are full with pallets so I had to travel to get the pallets, and a lot of it was still being reworked. Had him poke his head through about 40 minutes later, 10 minutes after his scheduled arrival time, and he starts huffing and puffing because I haven't loaded his 40-something pallets. Another 20 minutes later and he's on the phone to someone, I see him standing there looking impatient as we're still waiting for pallets, and it's only half an hour after he should have been here. Finally get him loaded, takes about an hour and a half, and he's on the phone again saying "yeah these twats have only just loaded me", after I explained why it took longer than expected.

crazy how it went to shit quick, glad you made it out brother, could be fucking interresting working there i might give it a try, thanks for the heads up

Kek.

I'm taking Fall Semester off and will probably graduate some time in 2018 or at the beginning of 2019. It's a bit embarrassing, because my high school class was 2011, but whatever.

I can already tell you where I'll be on the 31st of every month:

June 31: Mexico
July 31: Tanzania
August 31: Zambia
September 31: Egypt
October 31, November 31, December 31: India

That shit is the reason I'm graduating late, TBQH. Keep taking time off to go places alone, but I'm at the point where I just want to finish.

Sometimes a driver's dispatch will schedule him a pick-up in accordance with his anticipated loading or offloading time.

For instance, if he's going to pick up another load, he might have to drive 100 miles to another city, get there by 2 or 3pm, load up, and then make a delivery by a certain time the next day or whatever.

Some drivers are just fucking idiots, though. We had one guy we fired who's truck was full of piss bottles.

*Whose, fuck me.

>June 31: Mexico
>July 31: Tanzania
>August 31: Zambia
>September 31: Egypt
>October 31, November 31, December 31: India

Did you choose the worst hellholes in the known universe on purpose?

Yes, I did.

>tfw you work at the same place as your brother and they call you to come in whenever he takes a sick day

what did you study in college?

>85.50/HR
>tfw stressed busy all the time and I got the red ass for work related problems
>tfw i fuckin command up to 45 fitters and 6-7 crews almost 7 days a fuckin week for long fuckin hours and just bought a house and cars for my gf and her daughter and really it exists for me to sleep and fuck in.
>i want to quit work but money is really really good. today is only day off I have had since january, and it to go to fuckin doctor.