Movie soundtrack has a theme that plays repeatedly throughout the movie but with different variations

>Movie soundtrack has a theme that plays repeatedly throughout the movie but with different variations

I fucking love this shit

Any more movies that do this?

Other urls found in this thread:

avclub.com/article/great-job-internet-the-secret-of-the-eminceptionem-43518
youtube.com/watch?v=RGME6jCwqw0
youtube.com/watch?v=K6fNbdLUvhA
youtube.com/watch?v=RUsEIdHxBPk
youtube.com/watch?v=Ei4RYk9mKJE
youtube.com/watch?v=pins1y0XAa0
youtu.be/Fl4nw5KEJsM
youtube.com/watch?v=Bx4aK-YsPeU
youtube.com/watch?v=U9SR0wf9Nf4
youtu.be/uAoP5yCfvqU
youtube.com/watch?v=lmOhNyitewI
youtube.com/watch?v=f7th0sBFpg0
youtube.com/watch?v=TZ0FyBGVdu8
youtube.com/watch?v=ZGkdcpTY1QI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yeah, your mom

epic

Le Mepris (1963) comes to mind. Absolutely heartbreaking theme. Highly recommended

Requiem for a dream. It's more electronic as it begins and gets colder with strings towards the end.

Any Star Wars movie, really.

LotR. The Fellowship and Shire themes are played constantly, but in varied ways so the films trick you into thinking it has a vast soundtrack

I think Coppola's Dracula does it

Zimmer does this all the time.

Anything with Ennio Morricone honestly.

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Not sure if all the variations are included in the film, but I know the theme to Taxi Driver has at least 3 versions. I think the soundtrack is by Bernard Herrmann.

>>Movie soundtrack has a theme that plays repeatedly throughout the movie but with different variations

Inception
avclub.com/article/great-job-internet-the-secret-of-the-eminceptionem-43518

Honestly i didn't know until i read the article.

one of the best in the medium

Any Sergio Leone film with Ennio Morricone's soundtrack. Leone would ask Morricone to write themes based on the characters description, and then would often play their theme throughout the film whenever the character in question appeared or did something. A great example of this is The Good, The Bad & The Ugly: there's the main theme of the movie, in which each of the main characters has a characteristic instrument - flute for Blondie, ocarina for Angel Eyes and human voice for Tuco - and whenever they happen to do something, the theme is played with their respective instrument.

Pacific Rim

It's called musical cue

Jurassic park

Leitmotifs are for plebs. Plebs loved them in 19th century opera, and plebs love them in 20th century film scores. Literally the Redddit of musical composition techniques. You should all feel ashamed of yourselves.

no it literally isn't

there is a lot because what you describe is how a soundtrack was traditionally done back in the days but here are some favorites of mine

Assault on Precinct 9
youtube.com/watch?v=RGME6jCwqw0
youtube.com/watch?v=K6fNbdLUvhA

The Conversation
youtube.com/watch?v=RUsEIdHxBPk
youtube.com/watch?v=Ei4RYk9mKJE

Suspiria
youtube.com/watch?v=pins1y0XAa0
youtu.be/Fl4nw5KEJsM

Taxi Driver
youtube.com/watch?v=Bx4aK-YsPeU
youtube.com/watch?v=U9SR0wf9Nf4
youtu.be/uAoP5yCfvqU

Chinatown
youtube.com/watch?v=lmOhNyitewI
youtube.com/watch?v=f7th0sBFpg0
youtube.com/watch?v=TZ0FyBGVdu8

shit bait, try harder

>YESTERDAY during the train station age transition
>YESTERDAY at Max's new place.

I can't be the only one who walked away from this movie in tears?

no you weren't
that scene was too much for me
you know which one

I didn't have much empathy or sympathy for psycho criminals like the gang in Once Upon @ America

Gonna get told to go back to r3ddit but Amelie has a very good soundtrack and does this

James Bond movies. The better the composer, the better integrated the 007 theme is into the score.

Golgo 13: The Professional

>that time skip in the train station
I can't even describe how it feels senpai.

Carter Burwell's stuff with the Coen Bros is like that,Miller's Crossing is a personal favorite

The Long Goodbye does this

youtube.com/watch?v=ZGkdcpTY1QI

essentially all movies with soundtrack composed by zimmer share same song

I need to relisten, True Grit's score is achingly beautiful

bump

not bumping with the cheekfu

The Pacific does this brilliantly if you're interested in watching a series.

Amelie does this as well, I quite like it.

>different variations
american education

Hell, there's even a disco version that plays in the bar.

Am I the only one who things Once Upon a Time in America topped the Godfather? Godfather showed an accurate depiction of the inner workings of the italian mafia, but Once Upon a time in America filled me with feelz and emotion. ;_;

>muh feelings
god i hope you aren't a male over 18 years old

>am I the only one
probably not, but I feel that the Godfather is like a Michaelangelo work in marble, while Once is a beautiful example of taxidermy.

Literal sociopathy right here

I also feel that way. OUATIA is more artistically acomplished than The Godfather films, even more than Part II, which was my favourite film for a long time. The Godfather deals with themes like family, mafia and moral decay, while OUATIA deals with love, friendship and time. Also, Coppola is a director who's great with dialogue and plot, while Leone is much more associated with visuals and music throughout the story.