Why are rappers obsessed with passing themselves as "moguls"?

Why are rappers obsessed with passing themselves as "moguls"?

I've never seen pop, country or rock stars doing this

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/results?search_query=skee lo i wish
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The same reason so many rappers just make songs about how great and hardcore they are; they have massive egos they need to feed

Because ascending from poverty to wealth is a large part of rap culture

youtube.com/results?search_query=skee lo i wish

Because their musical careers are usually fleeting, so they need a new scheme to support their garish lifestyles, rather than simply retire on their millions and live with a sensible level of restraint. Gotta have that shiny new jewelry with diamonds mined by african children.

aka just regular americans

You sound like a unsuccessful jealous person with no goals in life.

Usually the only ones who do this are actual moguls though. Jay-Z and Puffy are the only ones who really make it integral to their public image

I own my own business

what an absolute asshole of a person he is

i bet you do lmao

>says guy posting on Sup Forums

that dude keeping it more real than you while you eat ramen noodles and think you have some personal attachment to this rich piece of shit you peasant

what did he mean by this

Because it's actually a big deal for a black person to be successful in business that doesn't involve slinging or cooking.

scum

oh is it?
he's white.

How? I think Jay z has been a garbage rapper for a while now but he has never struck me as a bad person by rich American standards

you're a fucking idiot.

Black people secretly admire white culture, but they wouldn't ever admit to it because that would ruin all of their hood credibility.

fuck your mother

black americans mostly all want to be white.
white americans mostly all want to be black.

>thinks black people try to hide what aspects of other culture they like
t. has his world view heavily influenced by four channel

Because being extremely successful and wealthy solely for talking over music doesn't sound as impressive as calling yourself a "mogul." Also, a lot of them achieved more of their fortune from other business ventures than from their records (Dre with Beats, various clothing lines, other businesses, etc.)

What cultural aspects specifically stem from a commonality of whiteness and not any national or regional pride? White culture is like TV and 1950s milkshake bars and that's it

Tbf it's only American white culture that's as vapid as this, some European culture is pretty cool

taking part is 'americanism' and plugging into the shitshow for your own personal gain while knowing exactly what it does because you are a selfish piece of shit asshole american at your core = jay-z

Western values, I mean. Not necessarily white.

The scientific method. Enlightenment values. Entrepreneurship. That sort of thing, which may not be tied, regionally, but was still mostly discovered and mastered by white people.things.

american culture period.
no color just lowlife scum.

Why is everyone so dumb. Obviously they grew up with an inferiority complex. Smart people read books, then feed people. Stupid people sell drugs then feed thier ego.

Woah are you saying a guy that was born and grew up in the most powerful western nation became an adult who espouses western values? Damn that's profound af

No I'm saying that someone might be reluctant to admit that they like those those things if they grew up in a subculture that discourages people from being "white" (which tends to mean smart.)

you are a fucking idiot too

>entrepreneurship is good for the world and stuff because 'capital'?
>enlightenment values all stemmed from europe right?
>scientific method is foolproof right?

"Mastered by White"

I get what you mean brother

I really don't get the point you're trying to make with regards to Jay Z

Like I don't think you're necessarily wrong here but what are you even trying to comment on

So what you are saying is that he's rewarded under american style capitalism for his stupidity. Which would make the american system what exactly?

I don't understand your counterargument. Are you saying that the enlightenment didn't happen in europe? Or that the scientific method isn't the absolute best tool that we have for working out what's going on in the world? Or that either of those things weren't largely discovered by white people?

you're acting like this is exclusive to hip hop and black people

I'm different user btw

I'm saying that once Jay-Z made it as a rapper and was out of the "hood," that he didn't have to upload hood values as much anymore, so he was free to be an entrepreneur, and that maybe the thing holding rappers (or black people in general) from prosperity is that that their culture discourages people from acting "white."

yes & you are dumb

yeah it's not that the white way basically forces you into fucking other people over so the oppressed become the oppressor right?

fuck you american white racist shithead

Tf you talking about America for? It's immoral and stupid and greedy to sell drugs to the human community. Obama, Ben Carson, Smart. Jay-Z, shot his brother (granted he was 12), greedy immoral music, 50 Cent, Lil Wayne, promote drug dealing gang violence etc. You can tell a lot about a person by the fruit they bear. Stfu about americuck system

Black culture places a huge premium on entrepreneurialism and being a "hustler" or a businessman. Is this just another episode of "Sup Forums basement man claims to know black people"?

>obama and ben carson are good people
>neither are responsibible for war or violence or spreading disease of the mind
>smart even

go die piece of shit

But how is entrepreneurship counter to the "hood mentality"?

Jay Z specifically talks about how being a drug dealer and growing up poor gave him the drive and hustle to be a good business man

Because their music is fucking retarded more often than not, and it brings a nice contrast when you sell yourself as some smart millionaire who just happens to sing about dumb shit to shitty beats.

>because american business culture is basically crime

/thread

FUCK YOUR COUNTRY

How's Ben Carson responsible for war? Please don't act like you know even the slightest inner workings of politics cuck. Go to your cave.

>because american business culture is basically crime
>TRUTH

/thread

scumbag nation

He's a part of the american government right?

/thread

confirmed for Sup Forums please leave

what about a black man in power is Sup Forums?

obama? you fucking retard fuck you fuck jay-z and fuck your country white and black
this thread is obliterated bitch

/thread

ITT

>obama?
lmao no Carson

Why did rockers dress like homeless people when they made more money than god? Every genre has its culture, therefore it's own fashion.

Plus the top moneymakers in rap kind of are moguls. They got clothing lines, I think Jay Z still makes his own brand of Vodka. It's just the way things are.

It's because modern rap is literally all about the money and is a business. Poor people make rap to get out of their current financial situation. They don't originally have a passion for the music. The passion comes later, if at all, when they can see that music changed their situation and saved their life.

Because they're "hustlers"

Fuck off, rap and specifically trap is a perfectly genuine form of good music. I'll explain this to you very clearly so I can get through to your fucking ant-sized brain.

Today's trap music is fun because it's energetic and consists of almost exclusively of party vibes. These vibes constitute of things like drugs and sex, which is fun by the general consensus of our generation.

The fact that all you 35+ obese "FUCKING KEK REEEEE FROG HAHA"s are shitting on music that is subjectively fun is fucking pathetic. News flash! you don't have to hate """fun""" or """popular""" music to like unpopular music! A matter of fact, A Promise and Pulse Demon are two of my favorite albums, yet Travis Scott Rodeo is one of my favorites as well.

So for the love of god go the fuck out side and get off your goddamn high horse.