Can pro-establishment 'comedy' be funny?

>Liberals uncomfortable with fact that much of comedy=poking fun at bourgeois social norms. And in 2016, that means poking fun at liberalism

Is there truth to this statement? I'm pretty apolitical, I don't care about Trump or Hillary or partisan politics. I laughed at comedians shitting on Bush in the '00s. The same people I thought were funny 10 years ago (CK in particular) have become completely preachy and unfunny to me now. Did many comedians become sanctimonious sticks in the mud or am I imagining things?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZIx4tJAUdCw
youtube.com/watch?v=-14SllPPLxY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You stupid fucking redditor cuckold. Kill yourself.

life became less funny because we're overstimulated by the internet

i actually agree with this sentiment 100%

as an apolitical guy myself i was surprised to agree with something relevant that was said by milo: "being conservative is punk now"

hurr durr

>I'm cool and edgy, just like those scary alt-right people, right guys?

>comedy=poking fun at bourgeois social norms

>tfw Johnny Ramone was right

Nah. Liberals are only funny when they're the heroes fighting the establishment

For the last 8 years it's just been pro establishment propaganda

I don't know if the world got stupid and constricting or if that's what growing up feels like and we're one of the first generations to share our experiences aging online

Maybe the internet broke everything. I don't know. Nobody knows. We're just a fucking spot on an orb covered in 7 billion spots flailing about trying to make sense of things

Well alternatively you chould verbally shit on the poor but that probably wouldn't come off as funny when you're a millionaire comedian.

>sticks in the mud

I'd say so. I grew up watching guys like Leno and Conan absolutely RIP Bill Clinton on a nightly basis, so it's not like they didn't used to go after liberals as well.

Leftists are flabbergasted by the concept that they are now the system. They, quite intentionally, refuse to acknowledge that they're no longer the counter culture. Fucking sickening if you ask me, like Colbert and Stewart, I'm sure a lot of us used to respect or at least like them, until they became bold faced fucking liars for the establishment

liberals = establishment
conservatives = counter-culture

No. I think that's part of the reason why Jon Lebowitz quit while Obama was in office. He was great at "speaking truth to power" when Bush was president, but he just didn't have the balls/integrity to continue doing it under a dem.

That's what happens. Theyre now pro establishment and very open about it.

Liberals are the defacto pro globalism - ultra cheap immigration workforce political side.
Traditionally they are the ones that follow more easily the central political propaganda, like it happened with all left wing communist dictatorships around the world.

It's no wonder the ultrarich and the media owners take their side and promote them as part of the establishment.

Comedy can be lefy or right wing, it can never be conservative. Sadly murrikans for some really weird reason mix the concepts all the time

Yeah, it just seems a little too cozy.

Hillary on Kimmel seemed really fucking weird. Kimmel would have easily trashed her, or any other politician 15 years ago. I don't know if it's genuine appreciate of her, which would seems really corrupt on Kimmel's part, or fear of being buried by a twitter mob for mocking Hillary. It just doesn't seem like politicians get the same scorn as they did in the '00s.

> It just doesn't seem like politicians get the same scorn as they did in the '00s.

*establishment democrat politicians. Everyone else is still fair game.

Deep stuff

Kimmel is a full on shill now. I used to think the Man Show was decently funny, but now Kimmel is all about dumb skits featuring his celebrity friends, faking "viral" videos, those "ask the public" bits that people love to use to support their shitty arguments, and shilling for whoever asks him to do so. Just look at the Ghostbusters shit.

There isn't a single worthwhile late night show anymore.

>We're just a fucking spot on an orb covered in 7 billion spots flailing about trying to make sense of things

rlly made me think

I thought this board was for television and film?

ITT: alt-right manbaby Sup Forumstards

The left wants to build these walls around concepts they don't want questioned nor challenged and you can't reconcile comedy with authoritarianism.
The left wants things that contradict each other like genders are inventions but trans gender exist
You can't do that with comedy and have comedy remain comedy, they like romantic comedy, they like children cartoons and actively demand videogames, a toy for children to become even more childish and non threatening to protect their own feelings not even the feelings of kids.
Making fun of them is easy and making fun of them is hard. If there is one place where this hypocrisy is most evident is in comedy just look at the letter to Jerry Seinfeld be funny while saying exactly what we tell you to say to us

I like Joe but jesus christ

You pulled out every commie buzzword you could, huh

>be hillary
>have rumors about failing health spreading all over the internet
>fucking clearly not a trump shill dr. drew weighs in
>says your health and health care is of grave concern
>you want to respond to the rumors
>you go on late night comedy jew
>you sit awkward as fuck in normal cushioned chair because you cant stand up on your own if you sit normally
>literally your ass is on the edge of the chair and you are leaning back like it's a recliner
>you remind yourself to smile
>tell late night comedy jew you are in tip top health
>TIP TOP you repeat multiple times in an accidental spasm
>you smile and play it off as a joke
>this is a late night comedy jew after all :^)
>pretending to be human every once in a while actually feels good
>you tell comedy jew that rumors about your failing health are nothing but crazy conspiracy theories
>as the audience is laughing about how wacky the conspiracy theorists are you have surreptitiously depressed a button behind your ear
>the exoskeleton hidden underneath your pantsuit raises you out of the recline position for your big stunt
>opening the jar of pickles
>to shame the conspiracy theorists with mockery
>this should shut them up
>nobody will suspect a thing
>nobody will think for a second that your team has installed a trick pickle jar to insure against national embarrassment
>you happily wrench at the pickle jar and make humanoid-like facial signals indicating muscle strain
>lid pops off like a charm
>you laugh
>you laugh because you have rused them all
>you cant stop laughing, actually
>you see no need to stop yourself from laughing
>this is the late night comedy jew after all

was waiting for this

>Comedy can be lefy or right wing, it can never be conservative.

Yeah this makes sense. There are "conservative" liberals like there are conservative republicans. Chris Rock made a similar point about college crowds being really conservative nowadays.

BLOODY UKIP EYYY
BUNCH A BLOODY RECESTS THEM ENT THEY

>You feel Satan's hand reaching out of grab you
>You slap it away, not yet

UKIP???????

BUNCH OF BLOODY BIGOTS

At least McIntyre and Whitehall keep it apolitical

[CROWD ERUPTING]
BLOODY ELL LADS GIVE US A REASON TO #VoteRemain in 3 words or less love

Daniel Tosh pulls it off relatively well, but his stage persona is a white suburban sperg riddled with ADD meds. The audience expects that guy to be a quixotic pretentious cunt.

UUUUUUKIIIIIIIIIIPPPPP???!!!!

I would unironically have sexual relations with that woman.

>There isn't a single worthwhile late night show anymore.

>implying

> open sexuality is good and has no negative influence on society
> boo those who say otherwise

youtube.com/watch?v=ZIx4tJAUdCw

I'm not even really right wing, just contrarian hipster.
And these predictable shills can never be really funny again. They are the antithesis of comedy - monotone boringness.

>being conservative is punk now

no its fucking not you fucking fuck

maybe on Sup Forums, but not in real life. punk has no place in politics, and ESPECIALLY not aligning yourself with old rich people

my man

Being a supporter of the Democratic party is not being rebellious anymore. It's pro-establishment. The Democratic Party is bought and paid for by Wall Street. Outside of social issues, the big difference between the two parties is who pays for them. Do you want someone bought off by oil-gas, or someone bought off by Wall Street? They serve their paymasters before they serve your needs.

The new rebellion is against the party system. Following Bernie Sanders' campaign made me realize how shitty the system is.

>punk has no place in politics,
you're delusional

this

like many many jewish globalist media companies doing fluff pieces on corporate owned politicians like Obama and Hilary before you morons understand how much of a joke your political opinions are

>oh look its another billion dollar media conglomerate pointing out CRAZY Trump is while simultaneously editing all of their content to never include anything criticizing democratic party members or policies

It's basically communist china owned TV at this point.

anti establishment and anti societal norms have been associated with punk since it's beginnings. punk wouldnt exist without politics

Are there any UKIP supporting British Comedians?

Andrew Lawrence is pretty big on them

Conan is turning more and more into Craig Ferguson. Clearly not giving a shit anymore, always making fun of how shit his show is and the low production values etc.

There is truth to this statement OP, but liberals can't take criticism very well. The best we can hope for is SJWs turning on Hillary for not being liberal enough.

He's creepy

Doesn't really hold up when you consider that teenage pregnancy rates have plummeted in the last ten years alongside a push for greater sex education.

Young people are also having sex less often than they did 20-40 years ago.

That also coincides with a revival of traditionalist moral sensibilities in younger age groups however, so its hard to say what is causing what.

Hillary and Bill were pro-war, pro-justice system and are pretty much directly responsible for the incarceration rates of minorities and the for profit prison system that is around today.

They will never be criticized by any MSM outlet, and you should really be asking yourself why.

Did these people never read The Boy Who Cried Wolf? They have effectively driven the word Racist into the ground, it has zero meaning or impact now, but they are still crying wolf. I don't get it.

I dont understand how you can "poke fun" at the concept of being open minded and accepting of new ideas. That doesn't make any sense. Calling people "liberal" on this website has become like a meme, it has no meaning and you people just label it onto anything and anyone you dont like. Especially if its popular.

Sup Forums is a seriously fucked up place. It's makes you a fucking retard.

Vince Vaughn pls

Yeah, let's elect an orange monkey instead!

>that pic
what an absolute moron

>being open minded and accepting of new ideas
meaningless buzzwords. Progressive liberalism is the new religion.

He has ate too many redpills for his small body mass

Great counter point, no wonder you faggots are losing the culture war

See, I dont even know what those words mean. I mean, I know what each individual one means but you're speaking like you were born and raised on Sup Forums, it's just retarded. I'm going off the actual definition of liberal, and based on that as a concept it doesn't make sense to poke fun at it.

>trump is 10-15 point behind in every state that matters
>winning

>or fear of being buried by a twitter mob for mocking Hillary

absolutely. left-wingers control virtually everything in society now. social media, every facet of the entertainment industry, governments, etc. and the left-wing outrage mobs don't help either. if he challenged her on anything, no matter how innocuous or sincere, he'd be painted as a misogynist bigot and would probably lose his job, and then be completely blacklisted from Hollywood.

>thinking this is new behavior

Hes been doing this his entire career, reported for being underage

>Polls
>The year of our Lord 2k16

Keep it up user, maybe you'll catch on to what the real joke is here

>it's a "Joe talks about fitness and complains about fat people" episode

>I'm pretty apolitical, I don't care about Trump or Hillary or partisan politics.
Fuck off

Yeah, keep unskewing those polls! Worked wonders in 2012!

establishment cuck spotted

wouldn't want those crazy kids with their wacky ideas like the constitutional protections or free speech get in the way of voting in your corrupt establishment candidate now would you?

Vote Hillary, shes GOOD. How do you know shes good? Your friendly talk show comedian(state approved political propagandist) told you she was good!

it's because they're not even telling jokes. they're just preaching.

religion is dead and now people seek meaning in other ways, like finding bastions of political power and clinging to them for dear life.

>"""comedians""" with their heads so far up their own asses they fail to even realize they're now part of the establishment they once claimed to hate

I like Bill Burr, he says it like it is and shits on all parties no matter which cunt mouth the garbage comes spilling out of. I hope Shillary doesn't have him assassinated once she's president

I want to see your tears when the orange monkey loses.

(((Globalism))) is causing the revival; some youths are waking up to the fact that the people educating them and supporting the liberal left political establishment are the same ones making money off the big banks and pushing corporatism

Just like Brexit, right faggot? Hillary isn't a nigger and Trump isn't Romney.

Semantics are hard for simple minds to get over. It's the context that is important, not getting distracted by imperfect words.

>I dont understand how you can "poke fun" at the concept of being open minded and accepting of new ideas.

but that's the total opposite of what liberals are. you have to be pro-immigration, pro-trans, pro-blacklives matter or you're a bigoted racist white male who should pay reparations.

>The same people I thought were funny 10 years ago (CK in particular) have become completely preachy and unfunny to me now. Did many comedians become sanctimonious sticks in the mud or am I imagining things?
Didacticism is the downfall of every great comedian; at a certain point they all politicize and the stage becomes a soapbox. Carlin was probably the worst offender.

Listen to this HILARIOUS skit! Can't you hear everyone in the crowd just howling with laughter at all the witty jokes?

youtube.com/watch?v=-14SllPPLxY

You're right. He's hated far more than Romney ever was.

they're losing their grip on the youth because for all the propaganda shoved down their throats in school they have access to alternative sources of knowledge in the palms of their hands. it's one of the main reasons the globalists want to control the internet so they can use bogus "hate-speech" laws to censor websites like Drudge or Infowars that go against the MSM narrative.

If that's what MSNBC tells you, I'm glad you take comfort in blatant propaganda.

you keep believing there is this amazing plurality of ideas when in reality there is a stifling unanimity you bigots refuse to recognize

Epic dude, have another upvote, from me, to (you)

Can alt-right please go back to Sup Forums?

>More DMT shit

What do people see in this meat-head faggot?

>and ESPECIALLY not aligning yourself with old rich people
What would you describe Hillary Clinton as?

No brah, sam is mega funny don't ya know?!?!

What the fuck does that even mean? How can you tell me I believe something like that based on me reciting what a word means

>I don't like the other candidate so I want the media to kiss my candidate's ass until the election
When Hillary is elected president, do you also want every political satirist to kiss her ass for the years after that?

>Following Bernie Sanders' campaign made me realize how shitty the system is.
Well, Bernie knew the only way he would get the nomination is is Hillary croaked or got indicted. He endorsed her only after the FBI let her go. His supporters didn't want him to, because they hate Hillary more than Trump. So if anything he only fractured the Party even further.

Progressivism is the anti-religion. That's what's wrong with it.

It's good you found a way to be better than everyone else!

it's not just the alt-right that are tired of shitlibs

Yeah, it's really hard to believe a guy who is still friends with Adam Carolla actually likes Hillary Clinton. He's probably a functional alcoholic like Fallon.