How do I install a wifi driver on my linux os?

how do I install a wifi driver on my linux os?
I have this tar file

Google:
how do I install a wifi driver on my linux os?

(Perhaps specify OS)

> open terminal
> navigate to directory in pic related
> login as root or use sudo if debian
> type ./install.sh
> hit enter

I tried chmod +x on the install.sh file but I keep getting errors
back when I had some idea of how to use linux I was able to install a printer driver
I recall something like dragging the printer's dirver folder into a root folder like usr/lib or something

Run the install.sh as root or sudo

> sudo ./install.sh

Check your distro's repo's for the file,its most likely already avalible for install through your package manager

I'm over the script you guys
it's not a thing to extract the tar into a folder??

Read:

here's line 25 of the script
was my mistake dragging the folder of the driver into my computer rather than running it off the provided cd?
When I tried to chmod the original sh it said permission denied and I figure it's because the driver is on a cd and can't be modified

What OS? Last time I was on ubuntu it would automatically search and install drivers, I'd imagine a lot of that would move over to other distros as well.

HEY YOU FUCKING RETARD
STOP MAKING SHIT HARDER FOR YOUR FUCKING SELF
CHECK YOUR FUCKING DISTRO REPOS FOR THE DRIVERS FIRST BEFIRE YOU ADVENTURE AND FUCK UP YOUR SYSTEM

how do I check for the file in the package manager?
this is just some random ass wifi usb from amazon that reviewers reviewed to be useful for arduino
it seems like it's on a silver platter and I'm just too inexperienced to make this work

Tidy up old driver first:
rm -rf /usr

Go to your distro's website.
Go to the main repo.
Check for drivers
Go to secondary repo's
Check for drivers

ok pussy,
ever thought of learning how to do things in terminal instead of spoon fed by a package manager

How many times do I have to tell your windows using retarded ass to run it as root you fucking noob pleb. Jesus Christ the error is literally written in plain English

What does the readme say?

And when deps change and it isnt logged in the package maanger,and all of a sudden it no longer works and he has no idea cause he did it manually?
What then?

>rm -rf /usr
all this did was delete system32

You know what OP, this might actually work. Make sure to run this command as root and you'll be good to go I have the same WiFi card it worked for me

Wtf doesn't he just have to unzip the tar?

also do sudo lsusb and post results here. unplug stick do dmesg, plug stick do dmesg, post results here. reason being most (read 99%) of the realtek sticks are already supported in most linux distros. Also, use Linux Mint.

yeah dude that's what I did years ago and many beers ago
I just unzipped the tar into a certain part of the root file system and boom the file system worked

so you're saying just never learn?

I mean boom the printer worked

dont learn with sytstem drivers.
play around with some cli tool or maybe a media player.You also will know when you write the script that generates your package