What do you do after you realize that life is meaningless, and nothing you do in life matters ?

what do you do after you realize that life is meaningless, and nothing you do in life matters ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9J3qwjJOMUI?t=51s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You start watching Peterson and you change that view.

try to figure out what your consciousness, this universe, all is.
good luck!
>we're really all just a bunch of braincells interpreting electrical signals

You get bored of living a meaningless life and find a purpose.

Peterson who

Keep on trucking

Hookers.

Jordan B Peterson my friend. Into the rabbithole you go.

Drink and do drugs. Only thing you can really control.

Then kill yourself because even that control is temporary.

Even after listening to Peterson
I still believe life is meaningless and nothing matters
But I love that guy all the same

no wonder. he's shit

Berate faggot nihilists like you for not acknowledging the absurd.

play more FFXIV

Then you do not understand him.

I'm most definitely going to need sauce on this....

Same thing as always.

play chess

Don't know how you could listen to that man speak
and call him shit but to each his own
Fair enough if you simply disagree with his
opinions but he's clearly a very intelligent person

Calm down.

MBTI type yourself and create a stat sheet with your strengths and weaknesses because life is your MMORPG now

Betterer than you

lol I understand him just fine
In fact, I agree with pretty much everything he says

But he doesn't really argue the fact that IN THE
GRAND SCHEME nothing really does matter.
Which is all I'm saying. I'm not depressed about it
It's just my view

experience freedom for the first time

is a bloody marxist.

sort yourself out bucko

If JBP isn't doing it for you, try Nietzsche.

Of course he argues directly against that, you bloody nihilist

Get yourself a damn value structure

Have you ever tried heroin? It's really nice, especially if you have nothing to lose.

Escapist crap. If you're gonna do drugs do halluciogenics.

I value my life and lives of the people I care about

I have dreams and aspirations
Not because I think accomplishing them will
change the world or have a lasting effect
But because I am alive and the only thing reasonable
I can see to do in life is doing what makes me happy

So that's what I do

Also can't tell if emulating JP on purpose and getting memed on or not

Fap.

What difference does it make to you to be happy?

>Realize that everything you do matters when you're convincing and convinced

Is that a serious question?
Either a person is happy or they are unhappy.
Why would I want to be unhappy?

Dissociate so hard you forget what's real and what's fake. Forget peoples faces. Don't recognise yourself in the mirror anymore. Go through life with no idea what's going on or who you are. I mean I do it all the time. Im content for now. When you forget everything it seems new when you do it every day. Doesn't get boring really it's like an endless cycle. No idea how long you can keep it up before you off yourself. Find excitement in seeing how far it goes .

...because in your original post, you propose that life is meaningless. At least I assume you are OP, because you are the only one consistently responding.

You grow up and realize that meaning is created and superimposed, not inherent. Or, you stay a little bitch and whine on Sup Forums.

What is the meaning of food, to you? Are your biological urges superimposed and created?

Grab another beer.

Source?

I too realized nothing mattered long ago, so I understand what you're problem here.

Personally I've found the best way to deal with it was to look at it like this, if nothing matters then that means whatever the fuck I do surely doesn't either, so why should I care for the consequences of life? Furthermore, in such in a world it means I have all the reason to devote myself to whatever I like unhindered, there is no god, devil, forces , etc. stopping me from doing anything but myself. No grand scheme or anything, so I'm free to do truly anything. With that, I found myself an ideal life with which I have myself a home, gym equipment, vidya games for days, food, and plenty of entertainment, and I'm not bad on cash despite working barely above minimum wage. While it means nothing, I sure do feel good, and I think that's all that really matters.

Whatever you want.

Not OP

But I don't think life being meaningless is a sad thing at all
A zebra doesn't give a fuck if its life has meaning
So why should I? I'll just chase my dreams and get high
until I die and then I'm dead and who cares

IS THIS THE MATRIX

If nothing has meaning, what makes being happy versus being unhappy any more meaningful or something to be strived for?

I don't know what a halluciogenic is.

Once you realized that, I started living an excessively hedonistic lifestyle. If nothing matters, might as well enjoy what you can while you can.

There are a whole bunch of cool rendering filters that do ascii+ character raster of a video file or webcam feed.

Because the other options are

Being sad (whether it "means" anything to be happy or sad, the biology and chemistry in your brain make you feel good when you're happy and bad when you're sad so of course I want to be happy)

Kill Self (which I don't want to do because there's too much other shit to do ((that will make me happy)) for me to want to die quite yet)

Finding Jebus (born into religion, started using my brain, left religion, don't see the point)

Hurr durr my english isnt perfect. Kill yourself

Does anyone have source to the gif please?

Rape

dubs recognized & underrated post
>atlas

This but only drugs that feel good. Oh and don't kill yourself you might miss out on that perfect trip or wave or fuck which would be a shame

I OD'd on Stric-9

Died in the ambulance on the way to the hospital,

First I couldn't move my body,

Then I stopped breathing.

I couldn't move my eyes anymore, I was in a dead stare, but still able to think.

I felt no pain, only euphoria.

My vision turned to sepia, darkness crawling in from all sides of my vision.

As the darkness enveloped me, I realized that I couldn't have been any happier in my entire life.

Fire burns from my center, the burning spreading through my veins,

Vision returns, my dead body gasps for breath, color returns, and I can move.
It hurts so much, whatever they injected into my heart.

Why did they wake me

There is nothing past that realization but hedonism. Wether through meaningless pleasures, lying to yourself, or attempting to find something that satisfies you as a "purpose." That and suicide of course.

Why would I kill myself because your English isn't perfect? Dude, that's just stupid.

graduate 7th grade and realize being a girl isnt so bad once you get your period like the rest of your friends

Can you see demons now?

You're the cuck bro. Cuck to society. Bound to order.

Scratch my skin because something is crawling

jesus who is this girl

;-)

I think about the timeless void i existed in, it was the best thing i've ever experienced in my life; death.

I'm not afraid to die anymore, and prepared for when it comes, without having to rely on religion to cope.

I can't imagine what religious people think when as they sink into the void, their worldly perceptions of death are horribly misconcieved.

You only had this experience because your brain realized it was dying and only had one last chance to release every pleasurable chemical it possibly could before ceasing to function.

If they had totally failed to revive you, this feeling would have faded away until you didn't exist anymore and couldn't perceive anything.

At least, that's the scientific explanation. If it's true, I think getting really high is a stupid reason to be okay with dying. I'd like to think there is an existence beyond death though. But who knows.

???
There you have it then, you have meaning. If you want to be happy, no matter how "scientific" you want to explain happiness via neurochemistry, then that is something you value. You can't have a virtue and be a nihilist.

Nihilism isn't some fashy statement to be made to grab attention. I read Nietzsche and now my life has no meaning! It's a legitimate state of mind (hell) that some people face.

masturbate, drink alcohol, watch Sup Forumsorts, and play Sup Forumsidya

in other words, same shit, except with less concern

in other words, everything is better this way

Wait 30 min then jack off again

youtu.be/9J3qwjJOMUI?t=51s

best post ITT

www xvideos com/video15041455/big_tits_teen_selfie_videos

I'm going to respond to this again because it caught my eye.

A zebra doesn't give a fuck if it's life has meaning, because a zebra can't make the abstraction as to what meaning is. That being said, a zebra definitely ACTS as if it's life has meaning. Whether or not it knows that, whether or not it can represent that, doesn't matter to the zebra. It doesn't think, it doesn't care, it acts.

Thats, at least from what I can tell, JBP is getting at. We, as primates, have acted for hundreds of thousands of years as if our life has meaning. Only now, having been blessed(cursed?) with the ability to form abstractions about the world, we can question what "meaning" is. Our religious texts, art, literature, drama, are representations of the actions of ourselves and our forebears.

the hero we need.

I never claimed to be a nihilist . . .

bruh

aren't you the one that said life has no meaning?

I agree with you on all of that.
So though I do act as if my life has meaning,
I do not believe it does.
To act as if life has no meaning would be . . .
well I don't really know . . . suicide or a downward spiral I guess

Someone has the folder with all the photos and videos???

I don't see the distinction. Knowledge that you cannot use is fluff.

Yes
But I am not sour about it. I do not reject morality.
I believe that since we are all here existing anyway,
we might as well strive to do cool things like exploring the universe for example
Because why shouldn't we? Why should I want to
sit around and be depressed about something I can't
control or answer?

oops

>bought the Peterson meme

Not sure I know what you mean

Careful there, you don't want to upset the religious nutjobs in 4chins.

Wowowow, no need for such drastic measures!

He is a bullshitter and only tells you what you want to hear. The best way to get fans is to tell them what they want to hear. That's why people think he is great, he reinforces your believes.

www xvideos com/profiles/pibe123/photos/1076043/stayawaydramax

her name is stayawaydramax or annalean

That would be the DMT your brain released. Just get some, relive the experience. It's all chemicals. Religious nuts probably see god on it.

cocaine and hookers

Have fun with it.

Do I get a cup of coffee or do I kill myself

That`s boring.

well thinking life has no inherent meaning is by definition nihilistic

In any case, I've made my point. If you act like life has meaning, and you have an aim, a goal, what more can you ask for?
You've said you do not believe life has meaning. But you say you act as if it does. Is that not the epitome of hypocrisy? What I meant by my point is that, we are tool seeking creatures. We assess value and remember things based on their use to us - most of us do, anyway. This is why mathematics can BUILD civilizations, because they give us a lens through which we build tools, we see the world in a new way, we build tools that make more tools.

What then is the distinction? Between knowing something to be true and acting as if something is true? You can claim to know everything, but that knowledge won't do you any good if you don't put it to good use.

>Realize life is meaningless
>Realize if life is meaningless then systems of language are meaningless
>Realize the word meaningless is meaningless
>Realize you are stuck in a loop of circular logic
>Realize you are using definitions to define themselves
>Realize meaning doesn't exist
>Realize you are asking a stupid question
>Realize you should shut the fuck up and do something that makes your stupid primate brain happy

I never wanted to hear that religious beliefs in human society are important.
Yet, he makes plenty of good points as to why it might be.
Maybe he's saying things you DON'T want to hear so you're discounting him
Idk man I just think it's pretty obvious he's a smart ass motherfucker

I guess I think the issue is too complex for that explanation. Meaning itself can have multiple meanings and levels to any given individual.
To me, there is no huge plan or meaning to the universe which I am a small part of, but my own experience has meaning to me.
The things I do that affect those around me has meaning to me personally because this is my environment, this is how I evolved as a human.
But ultimately, it's all pointless and I'm ok with that.

>But ultimately, it's all pointless
Lazy thinking.

You start taking hallucinogens

Maybe so

it's fairly hard realization, and why i am chronically depressed.