Are they really making Half Life into a film? If it's true, I hope it gets a cyberpunk vibe...

are they really making Half Life into a film? If it's true, I hope it gets a cyberpunk vibe, and it's get set during the late 90s/early 00s. What do you think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NVTxM_CzgDU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

no

>JJ Abrams

>Rise and shine mr freeman
>gman doesnt even talk to gordon until the end of the game
>he doesnt wake him up until the second game

NOOO

I don't want a Half Life 2 game, it'd be crap

I want a Half Life 1 game

why would a guy at los alamos who interdemensionally travels ti fight aliens be steampunk? and ehy so late as the 2000s? the game came out in the mid 90s. it definetly took place in the 90s.

or is this bait? Sup Forums is so godawful I can't even tell anymore.

Half Life is a dead franchise and Valve doesn't care enough about it to bother with a film

It will be the entire train ride from hl1

the entrance will be directed by someone else

If Gordon speaks, the movie will be ruined.

This. The Half Life franchise was used to launch Steam. Now Steam has a monopoly Valva have no reason to waste money into making videogames. Especially in this saturated market

Video games are an infinitely more effective means of storytelling and entertainment, so I really hope they don't ever waste their time with Half Life movies.

he said cyberpunk numnuts

where are you awful illiterate faggots coming from all of a sudden? shouldn't you be crying Sup Forums at everyone in another thread?

>Sup Forumskid calling someone illiterate
Go back to containment

If they do, I want to see other parts of the world

like what the resistance is doing

If they are not going to make hl3, could the atleast make it a book if they figured out what they want gman to be

I think Valve is just more concerned with developing their games for competitive esports considering they developed the two of the top 3 esport games. A Half Life sequel will come, but I think Valve is waiting until they think it will be as groundbreaking as the first two installments were. Right now single player FPS games are nearly unheard of.

fuck that
Portal when?

Matt

wow nice fucking "no u" comeback, aristotle

Seriously, go back.

if based on the cave jhonson days,
yes
based on the playable game
no

you still here?

surprised you could read, well done

might want to work on not staying in threads you don't like

Why are there no good games anymore?

Metro 2033?

nononono please tell me it's fake. someone get me my jewgle.

That came out 6 years ago.

yfw HL3 will be a movie

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided just came out man

rehash

Cast and crew list, and lense flare lifted right from the Trek'09 poster.

Come on, we can spoof better than this.

I just finished WALL E and picture this being done the same way with a completely silent protagonist.
There's potential there.

Has it really been that long?

WALL-E isn't silent. He just doesn't speak in any human language. I wouldn't want Freeman to converse in beeps and boops.

>people care about a hallway shooter this much

>It's an AI goes rogue episode

no

You're obviously lucky enough to have lived in a time after Half-Life. Without it, most of the games these days would not exist. Certainly CoD, Battlefield and their ilk would not be around were it not for Half Life and its mod, Counterstrike.

>Talks of a half life film
>Can't even take the risk to finish the series
Thanks Valve

Valve cannot into part 3s
>still no Half-Life 3
>still no Half-Life 2: Episode 3
>still no Portal 3
>still no Left 4 Dead 3

>the same way ONLY with a completely silent protagonist
One missing word changed the sentence completely.

Dying light isn't super old if you haven't played that. Great fun especially with the bow and crossbow they added (crossbow is paid dlc but bow was free I believe)

Isn't cs:go like the fourth cs game?

They can't even make a trilogy, let alone a movie.

The game would be 10X better if the hookshot never existed. It's like all the parkour skills become meaningless.

Fifth if you count Deleted Scenes
Plus there's more than 3 games in the Half-Life series if you want to be technical

Condition Zero was the worst though

Idk I don't really play games anymore

At least CZ doesn't have split maps and paid skins

F2P and "beta access" games that nickle and dime you for content.

AAA titles are rare

DELETE THIS

So instead of FPS with areas to explore like Doom or Duke Nukem, Half-Life came and made them linear paths? What a saving grace :)

DOOM is literally get from point A to point B and kill everything in your way. In that sense it's quite linear. It's also better than Half Life in nearly every way.

We can all agree hl2 had the goat soundtrack though?

Yes
youtube.com/watch?v=NVTxM_CzgDU

Prepare for a black female Gordinisha Freedontneednoman

Its only gay playing with other people that only use it. I only use it for big gaps and nighttime quick escapes

I wish they just released HL2 instead of completely reworking it due to the leak. I liked the Beta's grittyness and I felt more like a true resistance member in it than in the actual game.