We will never get a live adaption of this

>we will never get a live adaption of this

thank fuck, theres too much capeshit as it is.

arhkam city is the only one of these games with a decent story tho familio

This would be great as a Batman tv series. As a film I'd rather get something original.

Kept hearing it was bad, finally played it and it was awesome. Comfy, somewhat mellow, but good story. Get Knight, which is supposed to be the best, and it's a pain in the ass. Cluttered, frustrating, Batmobile was a mistake.

The Telltale game is a lot of fun, to my surprise.

If I wanted something full of bugs I'd watch Starship Troopers

>we pill never have a movie that steals every element from Dreed

The combat wasn't as good as City; Batman won't cancel what he's doing in order to block, which was fundamental to City's smooth awesome fighting and leads to Batman getting punched much more often in Origins. You can get used to it, but eh. Plus, thugs are much more likely to "slide" towards you to punch you, whereas in City they could whiff entirely if Batman moved. Also, despite Gotham being larger, it didn't feel as free to move around and find things as in City.

The story was a lot of fun though. It was a little annoying to see Joker take center stage *again*, but taken on its own it's an interesting origin story of the Batman/Joker fight.

I played Arkham Asylum and Arkham City because I heard they were great but the writing was typical juvenile edgy manchild cape trash. I don't know why I expected anything else from the melding of capes and vidya but I was told it was Batman: TAS style and it really wasn't.

The gameplay was really solid though, particularly in the first. More of a 3D Super Metroid than the Prime games ever were. It's good enough that I'm still debating playing Origins. Then I remember bottle eye cockney Penguin...

Origins is amazing. Deathstroke, Black Mask, Penguin. The Bane bit at the end was stupid though.

Thank fucking Christ. The stoy was Star Wars prequel-tier with how Batman just happened to meet all these characters FOR THE FIRST TIME on the same night. They even rushed in Harley meeting the Joker the same night he first met Barman just so theycould shoehorn her in there. Fuck this game. Such garbage compared to the Rocksteady games.

This

I don't understand why they couldn't just bring in Paul Dini or somebody to write these capeshit hollywood features

>tfw too intellectual for videotoys

>video games
>good storyline
rofl kys

Bane's role in his first fight is great. His second/third fight at the end is extraneous and only really feels like it's there because HEY GUYS EVERYONE KNOWS BANE FROM TDKR NOW RIGHT LET'S OVERUSE HIM.

It's not like they needed to "justify" his transformation into who we saw in Arkham Asylum - that's easily explained by the TITAN experiments.

what is Batfleck solo movie?

Max Payne 1

They made a movie from it and we all know how it ended

WB execs don't like the DCAU guys because their shows kept succeeding when they wanted them to fail so they could be replaced with more toyshit.

There will never be a Matches Malone Movie that is grounded in reality. Funnily enough, You suspend your disbelief on Batman more often than the guys chasing him in B:TAS

Just like with every other shoehorned villain in this shit game they tried to rush Banes origin story into it and fucked it up. So instead of being the man who broke the Bat he's the man who trashed Batman's house. I just pretend that this game isn't canon and that the origins of all the characters are the same as in the comics like it was back in Arkham Asylum

>it didn't feel as free to move around and find things as in City.

It's because it's just City's map (with everything interesting taken out) with another half-assed island awkwardly attached through one single bridge that takes forever to cross. It's impossible to get anywhere quickly without fast travel.

Arkham Knight has its issues, but at least it's a functional Batman sandbox and has the best overworld map in the series. It's huge, but you can get ANYWHERE in 30 seconds flat because it's so intuitively designed.

I will shit myself in the theater if Affleck uses Matches

>an adaptation of a video game adapting a comic storyline

at a certain point you're just being derivative

>adapting a comic storyline

Which would that be?

they basically put a lot of classic Batman storylines in a blender

> The plot was partly inspired by the comic-book series Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight and the graphic novel Batman: Year One, detailing the first year of Batman's career, with Arkham Origins described as a "Year Two" story.[79] Parts of the plot (such as Batman's relationships with the Joker, Gordon and the game's Christmas setting) were partly inspired by Batman: The Man Who Laughs, Batman: Turning Points and Batman: The Long Halloween, respectively.

One of my biggest problems with the game was that they took a bunch of alredy good storylines that I assumed each took place before the Arkham series, and mashed them all together to happen on the same night. Instead we get half-assed versions of all those storylines