Which one has influenced your taste more?

which one has influenced your taste more?

cock

nico nico nii

ive only listened to darkside really. dont worry i can explain myself.

DSOTM.
I don't think I'll ever hate that album.

King Crimson

OKC

Dark Side of the Moon is generally the starting point -- it's how most find both OK Computer and In the Court of the Crimson King.

Personally, I would say Dark Side of the Moon is more of an influence.

OKC, and honestly my favorite of them. But it and TVU are both 10/10's

OK Computer because i was exposed to it since i was very young cuz my dad loved to play that shit

Either Dark Side or Court of the Crimson King. I'll say Dark Side but it's really a vote for Wish You Were Here.

my grandpa gave me ITCotCK when i was 11 so that one

Probably TVU&N which is just a really great set of rock songs and that's something I can definitely appreciate, but ITCOTCK is just so much more interesting and bold to me, so I'd said that probably had more influence over me, in terms of music taste.

I first heard DSOTM when I was ten years old and listened to it regularly for my entire adolescence. So probably DSOTM.

TVU&N showed me the world of truly powerful experimental popular music

The rest of those albums are child's play in comparison

That probably is a leftover from me having the first sentence be about KC.

>ok computer
>child's play

Completely. It's a pop album.

I don't like any of those albums

The very next album they did make it look like child's play too.

Definitely Dark Side and VU, but that's only because I heard them so young. My Dad is a music nerd, so I heard both of those albums all throughout my childhood. He had some weird hangup about King Krimson (along with Led Zeppelin for whatever reason, even though he owns In the Court of the Crimson King).

My taste has always gravitated towards the strange, slow, and psychedelic simultaneously with the loud, angry, and twisted. Sort of like a combination of my Dad's music with my Moms influence of punk rock ala the Ramones, Clash, and Misfits. I have strange nerdy parents.

OKC>Dark Side of the Moon>In the Court of the Crimson King>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Velvet Underground

>Exit Music, Fitter Happier, and Climbing Up the Walls are pop songs
yeah, ok

Art pop.

its art rock

Banano fo sho

I don't like most of TVU&N but I love White Light/White Heat and a lot of bands they influenced.

ITCOTCK is my favorite of those, but I don't like most King Crimson albums or a lot of prog in general.

He's not wrong. Most of the songs on OK Computer follow basic pop-rock song structure (with a little bit of variation sprinkled it).

The thing about Radiohead is that they are similar to the Beatles in that they blend pop music with avant garde. This doesn't mean they aren't one of the most important bands out there, but they aren't purely experimental.

Damnit, this is difficult, these albums never really were impactful in defining my taste. I think it probably is Dark Side of the Moon as the entry gate to prog alongside Fragile, and I quite enjoy prog rock, but the albums which have influenced me are Revolver and Quadrophenia, at best some post-punk influence from my parents but they weren't nearly into music as I am, I don't think any of them has more than 10 albums saved somewhere. Dad had some Talking Heads and The Smiths, which is nice. Also New Order. Kinda ended up being funny in that I influenced them rather than the other way around, they got into The Beatles because of me.

I think I ended up on a weird situation where my own taste at its earliest stages, when I first started listening to music, was definitely influenced more by myself than my parents.

OK Computer because I got to it first in middle school. Fitter Happier made me really creeped out and it coincided with a class where I read Brave New World so I got really freaked out by the idea of governments and authority and have probably never fully recovered.

Probably something like:

ITCOTCK = OKC >> DSOTM >>>>>> VU&N

My favorite genre atm is art pop, but I love anything with wacky time signatures and complex structures too. VU&N never clicked with me. I dislike it and most music that sounds like it.

ok, but its not pop. its art rock/alternative ROCK

Velvet Underground and Nico or Dark Side of the Moon since Lou Reed was always a personal icon to me and Pink Floyd is the first band you hear about apart from the Betales.

Never really got into TVFace apart from Child B and some songs off Praises to the Robber and In Light Reflected off a Prism

also Egyptian Architecture Musical Piece

OKC > Velvet Underground > ITCOTCK

All excellent albums. Never did listen to Dark Side, or any Floyd record for that matter.

Listen to Wish You Were Here ASAP

i didn't listen to any of these albums until i was already 8-9 years set into my general taste in music. my music taste came from and loosly revolves around the soundtracks to THPS4, underground, and guitar hero 3. all of which i play countless hours on

rock is pop

everything except classical and traditional folk is pop

None of them in the slightest.

OKC = DSOTM > ITCOTCK > TVU

okc was one of my starting points so this.

King Crimson is one of my favourite bands to this day, so ItCotCK it is for me

Easily King Crimson. Not particularly ItCotCK itself; although its own influence on prog rock as a whole is undeniable. Personally, ItCotCK is too prototypical to have influenced me to the degree that later KC albums have.
Throughout its numerous incarnations, this band has been able to incorporate several genres and styles of music and put it all into a highly sophisticated yet powerful package.
As a band, King Crimson is just so much more influential as the other three have not reinvented themselves to such an extent; if at all.

OKC

OK Computer probably the most, it was the first of those I listened to and helped me branch out of the mainstream music.

Pink Floyd and Porcupine Tree got me into progressive rock which has been my favorite genre.

I haven't listened to the other 2 completely until a year ago.

Probably TVU&N, since I lean towards the noisier side of music. Radiohead were the turning point in music for me though, listening to the radiohead best of in 2012 made me love music

Pink Floyd is a great gateway to prog but if you get really deep into prog, you'll eventually realize that Pink Floyd is no where near as 'progressive' as many other prog bands.

this one

I know, but they are still my favorite because of Gilmour and his guitar playing

I can respect that

I was like 13 when i discover Radiohead with The Bends (my dad had from it til In Raibows ripped in a DVD) and when i heard OkC it all changed, Climbing up the walls still gives me chills.

I guess TVU&N. I got into all four of them around the same time.

I guess The Velvet Underground & Nico, I've explored more of the late 60s/early 70s art rock/glam rock scene than I have the progressive side of the art rock scene of the same time and I've never really been into alt-rock.

Dylan's electric trilogy influenced my taste more than all three of them combined, though I like all of these albums.

the banana

to this day I can't understand why Radiohead and especially OKPC are held to such high regards

DSotM and ItCotCK are cool but not really a big influence on my tastes.

Well fuck its shitty opinions time.

-The banana is just like indie rock (which doesn't resonate with me at all), and the only interesting thing is that its made in the 60s.

-OKPC are interesting but not great by any means

-DSotM is objectively perfect as far as pop music is concerned. Its still pop music though

-and ItCotCK is music history in the making yet underwhelming compared to later KC albums

King Crimson, Pink Floyd and Radiohead are straight overrated as fuck

VU&N

Yet TVU&N is the worst album there

'no'

None, but if I had to choose then TVU

Ok Computer has influenced my taste more but DSOTM is my favorite album.

art rock

ITCOTCK
Prog was the gateway to expand my taste.

OK Computer and Dark Side of the Moon I have only listened to a handful of times, but they aren't the sorts of things I generally like, or will ever like.

The Velvet Underground are one of my top bands, but I'd say I prefer other releases over that one.

King Crimson I don't care for. Listened to it once. Probably should again really.

King Crimson seems overrated at first but many haven't actually listened to their post Discipline albums or even Discipline itself. For that matter, many haven't listened to Lizard and Islands either

but classic and folk were pop too

Honestly I think I listened to them all so late in the game that none of them did.

If I had to pick one tho, I have to say either Court of TVU&N

>Dylan's electric trilogy influenced my taste more than all three of them combined
Yeah me too.

Also if Pet Sounds was up here I'd pick that one.

None of them. All 4 are for faggots. Shit taste user.

>IN THE COURT OF THE CRIMSON KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING
>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

King and floyd easily, almost only listen to alt/psych/prog rocks now

epic bate

>rock
>good
k y s

why havent you heard the rest

banana album isnt indie rock its lo fi proto punk
it invented the essence of indie rock but isn't at all like what indie rock became

Its just fucking rock jfc

you lot are even worse than bleeptards, holy shit

simplifying genres doesnt make you smart
banana album wrote the rule book for all rock proceeding it to follow it
other than indie rock it also set the foundation for punk, twee pop, experimental rock, noise rock e.t.c

Its just fucking rock jfc

you lot are even worse than bleeptards, holy shit

No its the complete opposite way around

TVU, because it influenced the bands that most influenced me.

>Its just fucking rock jfc
Not an argument dude

Those genres all sorta suck.
Punk only got good after first wave.

Plebs

kys bleepfag

probably ok computer just because as a highschooler it was my gateway into all of the other albums you posted.

The real question is, what the fuck is Pseudo-intellectual Floyd doing with these bands?

is dsotm pseudo-intellectual, the albums obvious inspiration is quite real

Pink Floyd is about the same pseud level as Radiohead what the fuck are you smoking.

Los Saicos set the foundation to punk though

I mean, you are probably correct, but I have actually met people who are not complete dipshits and like them, unlike with Pink Floyd faggots, 90% of all Floyd fans I've met are leftist LGBT atheist redditors with a quote about being intelligent on their Facebook cover. I can't say the same about Radiohead fans, but you just may be right.

king crimson probs, i prefered the wall, ok computer is just an album really and dandys im yet to listen to

I can see your point, but I still think that in regards of artistic merit they're both at about the same level. They're clearly influential, fairly accessible and popular. I honestly don't interact with either of the fanbases, so I'll just have to take your word for it.

Dark Side showed me that albums could be more than just a collection of standalone songs, it was and still is a great listening experience all the way through

velvet underground and nico... i never got into the others

QED, non-dipshit Floyd fan.

Dark Side of these four, but it didnt influence my tastes heavily. I like all four of these though.

And to add to the fire, reading this thread the Radiohead people are far, far more obnoxious and wrong than the Floydposters.

why would pink floyd show you that, people have been writing concept works in music since it existed, besides, even then, rock operas and concept albums existed.

because it's popular and super well known so he was probably exposed to it before other examples

>90% of all Floyd fans I've met are leftist LGBT atheist redditors with a quote about being intelligent on their Facebook cover. I
cool? how does that relate to the music though? pf were sort of anti establishment but that only relates to 70s 80s britain