I don't get it. It just sounds like emotional guitar noodling to me

I don't get it. It just sounds like emotional guitar noodling to me.

Can anybody smarter than me explain this album to me?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BVgWDpmN9TI
youtube.com/watch?v=C4oz659c7Zc&t=71s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

if you dont like it dont force it.

This, but to answer your question without thinking too much about it myself, there are few albums that really capture the brooding atmosphere on this record. Plus this album was super influential for a lot of underground bands that came afterwards.

I'm a bit more of a loner, and I'm the type of loner who doesn't like to be alone but I'm just so socially autistic that making friends is very difficult for me, so this album hit me right in the fucking gut. I don't think everyone who enjoys it is like that, but I think that it does capture that feeling better than anything

Print out the lyrics and read/reread them. It's got a math rock feel, so the rhythm/time-signatures/modes and shit get complicated. But seriously, It's a very personal album and the message won't just pop out to you, nor will the melody/feel of the album. Also, if you find you don't like it, don't listen to it. Most music Sup Forums reccs is pretentious bullshit anyway (not spiderland, but most Sup Forumscore). Find your own tastes.

I think this album has different meanings to different people and it's about a personal journey of a bunch of kids going into a big college so it's not a story that fits everyones personal narratives.

how many times have you listened

Who does this?

Although ultimately shallow and obvious, I think it encapsulates the feel of internal anguish and the sense of societal uselessness and despair that many people go through in their young adulthood

>intelligent mature songwriting
>lots of highly conceptual symbolism
>every song stands out
>guitars always perfectly compliment the tone of the storytelling
>impressively hypnotic drumming
>perfect music for delusional sleepwalking
>fair amount of actual experimentation, only retards will deny this one

For me, It expresses some kind of like evil temptation you feel when you're coming of age -- like the first time you get in a fight and win. The swagger you'd feel from that.

Nosferatu man literally makes me visualize a snake tongue.

It's something like that.

>spiderland
>mature

come on lad not knocking it but the whole point is that its from the perspective of immaturity

i agree OP. It's not bad but it does nothing to keep me interested. There are even parts I mildly enjoy but it just doesn't amount to anything for me.

It's pretty mature and dark/brooding considering the fact that it was made by a bunch of teenagers

>mature

The perspective of the storytelling is ironically the result of a great amount of introspection and emotional depth. There's a reason people are consistently surprised Slint was so young when they wrote it despite the youth-focused subject matter.

Weren't they in their early 20's when they made the album?

youtube.com/watch?v=BVgWDpmN9TI

Name of album?

The Four Faggots - The Four Faggots Go Swimming

Don't let it bother you. Your own music tastes are probably more important for enjoying music than being able to academically understand what you listen to.

You need to watch this. It will redpill you on Spiderland.

youtube.com/watch?v=C4oz659c7Zc&t=71s

Stop viralling your shitty channel

It’s not even my channel.

I'll make sure to give it a listen

>Music
>Explaining

OP computer detected.