Sup Forums I'm in the market for some headphones. What are your recommendations?

Sup Forums I'm in the market for some headphones. What are your recommendations?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-598-Cs-Headphone/dp/B01JP436TS
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

skullcandy for portable/on-the-go or beats by dre for producing/home listening

What are you looking for?

you should buy some headphones

How do you even know he likes normie music only from this thread?

headphones

also curious. I'm looking for something around 100$ that has decent quality sound for things like rock and metal. Preferably in the style of the OP picture. looking for the purpose of home listening.

I bought QC35s, mainly because I needed serious noise cancelling for working in my office (imagine the sounds of 20 mainland Chinese sniffing, coughing, eating with their mouths open, etc.)

Overall I'm super impressed, the noise cancelling is magical.

They are expensive. I wouldn't buy them unless you needed noise cancelling headphones specifically.

Howitzer chambers

amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-598-Cs-Headphone/dp/B01JP436TS

I have the m40s, although they do sound nice I would not recommend getting them if you have big ears, after about two hours of use they start hurting, however I would get these over the 50's if you're listening to more bass heavy music like hip hop.

I've got the ones in your picture. I love them. Good build quality, amazing sound for the price and can do some good bass if needed.

Good choice always. If you aren't going outdoors with them though, I'd recommend the open back version.

Bose is good for noise cancelling, but that is about it. If you want good sound quality, stay away from Bose.

I use Audiotechnica msr7's and absolutely love them. All depends on your intended use, budget and taste as to what you should get though.

Sennheiser HD650 for $315.99 at Amazon. Its a bargain for a headphone that used to sell at the price range of 500 US Dollars. Best cost benefit for an open back headphone as if you want a better one you will be looking at the 1400/1900 US dollars range with the HD800s, Audeze LCD3 or Grado GS2000e. You will need an amp to drive the HD650 at 300Ohms tho, your phone just won't cut it.

put your head in the cannon, light the fuse and wait...

The ones you just posted or Sennheiser HD 598s. Both are the best in their price range but it depends on if you want open or closed back. Personally I prefer the M50s. Don't listen to the "le memephones" fags. They have their reputation for a reason.

gr8 b8
If you're serious, plz jump off the nearest cliff

Sennheiser RS 180 wireless headphones
Best headphones I have ever owned. The sound quality is crystal clear and they are built fucking TOUGH. I have put mine through the ringer and while a bit broken, still work beautifully.

I'm approaching 4 years with my Crossfade M-100's, and they are still going strong.Fantastic if you like a light sprinkle of bass to your music.

>They have their reputation for a reason.
Reputation for being what? Overly recommended, more expensive than M40s, worse than DT770s, etc?

If I were you, I'd just save up and get something like a used DT880 with an amp. That'll be around ~$200. If you want something under $100 some of the popular recommendations usually include: Sony MDRs, SHP9500s, M40x and other audio technicas, AKG K 240, XPT100s/HM5s, etc

Ask /hpg/ and do more research to figure out what you need

>mfw mine just broke a few days ago

Sennheiser
I fucking love my cx 300 ii and I had them for like 3 years I think
they are constantly breaking but I fix them every time
anything above hd 598 is top tier on ther respective prices

yeah, i have had the closed ones for a while now. I loved them but if there is no sound at home and u wont use them for outdoors the open ones are better. But if u are using them on mobile phones u have to know that the open ones have higher resistance. I really recomend the sennheiser HD-598 series.

I need help Sup Forums. I have sennheiser hd598s and love them, now i want to buy a dac/amp preferably portable to maximize the quality. Is there any point to this? I listen to music mostly on my iPod classic or laptop slightly less regularly as I travel a lot. I've been looking at the Fiio E10k, is this good? Also, can I connect this to my iPod or do I need a special cable to do so? Any help would be greatly appreciated, fee free to recommend another amp or call me a pleb or whatever

The "you need an external DAC to get the best quality" is a marketing meme and is absolute bullshit.

If your headphones are of a low enough impedance to be driven properly by an iPod, phone etc then you are not going to get anything from a Fiio DAC.