Calling all gunfags. So I'm getting a fat bonus from work this week, and it's time for a new firearm...

Calling all gunfags. So I'm getting a fat bonus from work this week, and it's time for a new firearm. Looking to get a Smith and Wesson M&Park Sport 2 from my LGS. What do yall think? Anyone own one and have an oppinion?
Also general firearm master baton thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qoZnCxqa4QA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Build one. Do not be the faggot OP.

Any recomendations? This will be my first semi auto rifle, working with about $1500 right now.

MSR15 Recon, best Purchase iv made this year. You can find them for around 800

>
>Any recomendations? This will be my first semi auto rifle, working with about $1500 right now.
Slide on over to /k/

PSA lowers are always on sale
Pick up a cheap LPK without trigger and grip
Buffer tube+Stock
You can get a prebuilt upper, 16" barrel for cheap
Backup Magpul sights are just fine, no need to go $$ on Troy's
If you want a scope, you can easily blow the bank here. Realistically, $300-$400 for a first scope should be your goal

Buy a Bushmaster

dont do it. just get a daniel defense or a lwrc

youtube.com/watch?v=qoZnCxqa4QA might have been handloads but nah I dont trust em cause it happened to me.

Unless he already has experience with AR-type rifles or knows someone who builds their own rifles, starting him out with building a rifle is a bad idea. Especially considering that Sport IIs are getting close to the $500 dollar point; he can just parts swap later.

Daniel Defense or GTFO

for the price m&p's aren't bad. the user that said to build your own is correct, but if you aren't comfortable with that the m&p will be a good first purchase. just don't get the sport model. M&P 15T Tactical is the way to go if you are buying S&W.

thats my boy, best gun I ever laid hands on. the tough bitch with a pretty face of guns

eh, I disagree. Daniel Defense or LWRC. I know because IT BLEW UP ON ME. DID YOU READ WHAT I SAID? That being said, please exercise your second amendment and get any gun. Just make sure to always check if a round ejects without the bullet after a FTE. That was my fuck up.

Isn't the M&P 15T the same riffle with a slightly different upper?

I need this but I cant get it because MUH CALIFORNIA

I would look at getting a short stroke piston instead of direct impingement if you are planning on shooting a lot. They are way easier to clean.

lol riffle. just get a daniel defense v7 dont cheap out. cause it might cost you your ear and face

You want a semi- auto rifle, go with the oldies. Buy an M1 Garand, SVT-40, or Gewehr 43. You can't go wrong with German engineering.

I'm not disagreeing with you, dd is a far superior rifle. I have one chambered in.458 SOCOM myself. I love those rifles, but i also have the m&p.
Never used reloads or sub par ammo in either, but i've put upwards of 2000 rounds through the M&P and no explosions. I've never actually heard of that as an M&P thing. I'm not doubting you though. If you are around firearms long enough you'll see all kinds of crazy shit.
I'll make sure to double QA my M&P from now on though. Thanks for the info.

you need to move out of that shitty state until they get it figured out (which may be never).

This is a very good idea too. This has a lot to do with not shitting where you eat.

Looking around on the internet, most catastrophic failures of the M&P seem to be the results of squibs rather than manufacturer problems. There are some M&P 15-22s that seem to have had some manufacturing defects though.

For when you must absolutely pay a markup for a brand name.

Op I bought a m&p sport 2 right before the California ban . Biggest regret ever. Now the government knows me as a registered gun owner. And it was so expensive. If I could go back in time I would have bought an easy jig kit and built an ar. Maybe even in 308

agreed. the 22's are garbage. if you want a .22 the beretta arx 160 is hard to beat. It's cheap and fun to shoot and a great trainer for the arx 100, which, if you have the dough is a fantastic and very underrated 5.56. (IMHO)

Highly recommend the WE m4 GBB.

I have one and it rips.

Nice bot thread.

For a first semi auto a good AK isn't a bad choice. So simple 3rd world dirt farmers can figure it out, easy to maintain, cheap ammo, and generally hard to fuck up.

I've got one of these and love it. Just make sure if you get an AK that it either has a retention plate rather than a shepard's hook or get it swapped out in a timely manner.

VFC or nuffin.

What does FTE stand for?

Failure to eject.

The malfunction he's talking about is called a squib load. The cartridge fires but for some reason is under powered. The bullet still leaves the case but it gets lodged in the barrel. This will often lead to a failure to eject that casing. If you chamber another round and fire without ensuring the bore is clear the gun can and probably will grenade itself. Usually only happens with bad hand loads but you should always check in this sort of situation though.

Also this is what killed Brandon Lee (the son of Bruce Lee) during the filming of "The Crow". The prop monkeys decided to make "fake" bullets for the scenes where you'd see the bad guys revolver from the front by taking real cartridges, emptying the powder out, and putting the bullet back in. The dumb fucks forgot to remove the primers too.

At one point one of the "fake" bullets was squibbed by the still present primer going off on a "fake" round. Nobody cleared the barrel or even realized it had happened so when they used that same revolver with blanks the bullet shot out of the barrel hitting Brandon and killing him. The reason it didn't explode or otherwise break is probably because revolvers have a gap between the cylinder and barrel which allows gas to escape rather than just build more and more pressure.

Expanding on this, never fire handloads unless the person who made them is also shooting them.