What does Sup Forums think of nuclear warfare?

What does Sup Forums think of nuclear warfare?

It's something to be avoided. Therefore I propose we nuke countries who can't retaliate in kind, specifically latin american, middle eastern, and african population centers

Pretty shitty and should be avoided at all costs, but I wont say it is 1000% never justified.

Not desirable, but also far less destructive than Hollywood has led everyone to believe.

Sound logic, let it be so.

can't wait t b h f a m

It sucks.

I wish we could just have a proper WW3 without nukes fucking it all up.

Let's be reasonable here. What we really need are less nuclear weapon tests. And more effective usage.

Test them in !

We should use nukes to build a interstellar spaceship

We shouldn't fuck up the landscape and wildlife though.

Just do some cleansing and recolonize it with whites.

That's why I said major population centers, those are urban areas so the landscape and wildlife are already fucked

just drop guided bombs on smaller settlements

We need more nukes. 5,000 is pretty pathetic. Russia is clearly beating our nuke game.

This. World War Three could actually bring the world into something new. Good, bad, who knows? It could change it for the better but we can't risk it because "OH NO WORLD END"

How destructive would it be if 5,000 nukes were launched at Antarctic ice shelves?

Well, nature recovers and handles radiation just fine. See Chernobyl.

Not all nukes are created equal.

Most of those are dumb bombs and artillery nukes, just like Russia.

Our strategic arsenal is smaller.

What is with all the nuclear war threads? Are you planning something, CIA?

pretty shitty, 2bh w/u, famalama ding dong.

Depends on the total yield and how spaced out they were... but overall, wouldn't make a dent.

Might have some more moisture in the atmosphere for a while, but most would just fall back to the Earth as snow, that far north.

A lot of the polar ice melts every year anyway, and the lack of heavy metals in the area would mean the fallout would be minor and short lived.

I read Arctic.. but pretty much the same for Antarctic.. unless you vaporized a lot of rock/soil, but most nukes are designed for airburst these days.

a low level of backround radiation is different than the massive amount spewing out of the reactor in the days after it blew up. it killed most of the plants in and around the town, and the area has only recovered because the plant was sealed off with the Sarcophagus

Last time there was a world war, the 1950s happened. It could be just the thing to help bring that culture back

What the fuck is with all these nuclear warfare threads?

Russia just announced a new ICBM.

We announced dick.

Kim just wanted to live out the old days and Putin is putting on a show for him.