Throw your hands up in the sky

>throw your hands up in the sky
>that's how to pimp a butterfly
fucking seriously?

yeah he's retarded
and is this generation 'conscious' rapper
IT'S OVER

never listening to kendrick and never will, but whats the significance of 'to pimp a butterfly' like what is it suppose to mean? what statement is he trying to make

The caterpillar is a prisoner to the streets that conceived it
Its only job is to eat or consume everything around it, in order to protect itself from this mad city
While consuming its environment the caterpillar begins to notice ways to survive
One thing it noticed is how much the world shuns him, but praises the butterfly
The butterfly represents the talent, the thoughtfulness, and the beauty within the caterpillar
But having a harsh outlook on life the caterpillar sees the butterfly as weak and figures out a way to pimp it to his own benefits
Already surrounded by this mad city the caterpillar goes to work on the cocoon which institutionalizes him
He can no longer see past his own thoughts
He's trapped
When trapped inside these walls certain ideas start to take roots, such as going home, and bringing back new concepts to this mad city
The result?
Wings begin to emerge, breaking the cycle of feeling stagnant
Finally free, the butterfly sheds light on situations that the caterpillar never considered, ending the eternal struggle
Although the butterfly and caterpillar are completely different, they are one and the same.

we wuz caterpillars n shiet

Damn.(..)

Friendly reminder that Kendrick himself ranked this album below DAMN and Good Kid Maad City in an interview this week.

tfw kendrick's rankings align with your own

i watched that part of the interview today and i've already forgotten the order
just that section 80 was at the bottom and he thought DAMN was the top

I dont care, DAMN is still caca

seriously this is shit you read in a childrens book

>stupid fucking idiot of a person gets to release music from a major label because it influences the 'community' downward

he is the trap

perro caca

buen post hermano

>le caterpillar turns into a beautiful butterfly

Are Kendrick fans a bunch of 4 year olds?

Pimping a butterfly is to escape the ghetto. The line isn't really that bad.

It's not just about metamorphosis, it's about was causes said metamorphosis.

You can't become a butterfly until you learn and understand key truths of the earth.
One of them being things like BLM is completely pointless, a lot of these issues black people face are self inflicted, or so far gone there's no way to reverse.

For kendrick, what made him grow was learning the value of respect, it was a concept he had not truly experienced until he traveled the world.
Respect for yourself, and others, it's the only way(best) to lessen things like incarcerations or police brutality.
If you have enough self respect for yourself and others you'd never hurt others or do things that are self distructive to yourself and your community. And as a result others will respect you.
Again, he doesn't try to make the case that learning to truly practice respect will end all the struggles, his aware that there is no real solution.

tl:dr you must be enlightened to become a butterfly, your environment is the cocoon that shapes you.

It's other meanings is that the butterfly represents ones celebrity, to pimp it is to use said celebrity to gain wealth and status. The typical niggers can be rappers, athletes or nobodies.

Yeah but it implies that just pimping your celebirty is a bad thing, unless you use said celebrity to help those less fortunate in your community.

I remember kendrick said something like out of the thousands of kids his age in his community only 3 actually made it. Only 3 became butterflies, it's important that he still goes back and supports everyone else the best he can.

this

Maybe if you would listen to the album without being a retard and not listening to it because its popular.

...so he hates white people?

>i like to ride my bicycle
>i like to ride my bike
>BICYCLE BIIICYCLE
fucking seriously?

WE

alongside what it's a reference to Tupac.

To Pimp A Butterfly > 2PAB > "Butterfly" becomes "caterpillar" > 2PAC

I'm like 60% sure Kendrick said so himself in some interview.

WUZ

PRESIDENTS