Now that he's dead, who's the best?

now that he's dead, who's the best?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JqdVQ9VdoAg
youtube.com/watch?v=11JiKTyMm7M
youtu.be/nDAC5hbwQJw
youtu.be/_RC6XSAZwOs
youtu.be/Z99w41FVpqY
rateyourmusic.com/list/warpigcat/allan_holdsworth___i_knew_that_he_plays_on_many_albums_but_look_here____/
youtube.com/watch?v=0968f0VWvd8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Jonny Greenwood

John Mclaughlin but he'll be dead soon too. He's going on his final tour of the US this year.

he was in a league of his own.

when you get past the speed of his solos, and actually listen to the way he harmonizes shit in his head, no one did it like him. sure some are close, and there's a number of younger players right now that are only regionally well known or within jazz circles, that are perhaps better than holdsworth, but not in their understanding of harmony, at least not in how he understood it and how he used it compose.

All guitar gods are just guitarists compared to this dude. There can be a new best guitarist but no one can replace a true god,

let's not forget his pioneering work in the world of SynthAxes
youtube.com/watch?v=JqdVQ9VdoAg

she is AMAZING

Tina turner lol ahahahahahahahahah xD

I unironically think this nigga's still in the top 10. Didn't know Holdsworth died :(

youtube.com/watch?v=11JiKTyMm7M

Out of respect, please don't.

Just listen to how he structures his solos:
youtu.be/nDAC5hbwQJw
Not to mention that John McLaughlin and Frank Gambale couldn't understand what he was doing.

It's not like it could and should be objectively determined, but Allan was so above and beyond ordinary guitar playing even in the 70's:
youtu.be/_RC6XSAZwOs
youtu.be/Z99w41FVpqY

can you give me some albums you recommend?

thanks in advance mate

No problem. Here it is:
rateyourmusic.com/list/warpigcat/allan_holdsworth___i_knew_that_he_plays_on_many_albums_but_look_here____/

is this just a general list of the albums he's on? i suppose im no allan holdsworth expert but i can't believe I.O.U. is only number 20. to be fair i've only heard the bruford album but i think iou is better. i also think that tony williams album believe it is fantastic and can't believe its 75.id need to listen to them over again but i think they're better than road games and metal fatigue. also i've heard velvet darkness isn't to great.

About Velvet Darkness:
>The tracks for the album were originally recorded by engineer Rudy Van Gelder at his Van Gelder Studio in New Jersey. According to Holdsworth, this was done during a rehearsal session, after which the tapes were released by CTI without his or the other band members' consent. None of the musicians involved ever received royalties for their work. Holdsworth therefore considers the album an unauthorised release and not part of his discography.

Guthrie Govan.

Came here to post this. If you disagree you actually don't play guitar.

Bad Ass Billy is a legend and hero...

youtube.com/watch?v=0968f0VWvd8

that dude a great mimic but he is dead inside.

>inb4 the John Mayer shill....

she is so good