How can DC nail the casting with Superman and Batman but fuck up Wonder Woman so bad?

How can DC nail the casting with Superman and Batman but fuck up Wonder Woman so bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S176AKQhcCk
mtv.com/news/1580555/watchmen-director-zack-snyder-reaches-for-a-slice-of-cheese/
forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2014/04/17/exclusive-interview-with-zack-snyder-director-of-batman-vs-superman/#741dcc1f3dcc
forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2016/04/01/interview-zack-snyder-discusses-themes-behind-batman-v-superman/#72d351214df6
ew.com/article/2008/07/17/watchmen-chat-director-zack-snyder
slashfilm.com/video-you-dont-understand-sucker-punch/
youtube.com/watch?v=qQm1rBqh53Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

its a complete mystery. we may never know

blame snyder

What fucking face is Cavill pulling?

>implying

She looks OK to me.

>I am nailing this scene!

>Water... is the essence of wetness... Wetness... is the essence of beauty...

>Lynda Carter can eat a dick, I am Wonder Woman.

Did anyone even audition for these roles or did Snyder just pick who he wanted like in that Ezra Miller interview in which he said Snyder called him personally.

>a few minor details

She and along with her soundtrack was the worst part of BVS hands down, will be worst part of JL, WW movie will be worse than SS which says alot.

>Lynda Carter will never eat your dick

I didn't ask for this feel. Fuck you, user.

this was them moment I knew marvel was fucked and DC is the future

Cavill auditioned, but I can't speak for the others. I assume they were just negotiated to be in the movie.

that image is funny because gal gadot looks like shes desperate to not be completely obscured by a cheap copy of the drawn version's clothing. Like if she just matched the drawing's pose, she'd vanish behind the shitty dress she's wearing.

Because she would.

Goddam, this. That fucking song that played in her action scenes was shit.

I doubt they auditioned, jews who run the financing for the budgets oversee who they ultimately want or not. Think of the directors story arc in Mullholland drive as an example of how hollywood actually works.

This

DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT OP

I'm fine with her but I thought her character was shit. She looks good in WW and JL.

and Ray Fisher probably

Momoa also confirmed to have been just approached by Snyder

Gadot auditioned, but Snyder already had her in mind since she was supposed to be Faora in MoS

reminder that everybody bitched about Ben Affleck when he was cast

Yeah and he turned about being the best part of the movie.

and he's still crap
what's you point?

>a few minor details

Like everything except the outfit?

Zack Snyder isn't attracted to women, so women are a blindspot for him in terms of casting.

misogynist MRAs detected

/thread

>always looked the part
>costume and fight coreography make up 90% of the quality
>batman acts stupidly
>bruce wayne acts like a nigger

>Lynda Carter can eat a dick

Quite a shame. He could've been great under someone not-snyder. Hopefully the solo Batman movie by Affleck is better in terms of characterization.

It's being co-written by Geoff Johns who also writes Batman like a retard, so I don't have high hopes

I don't get it

>he doesn't know the cowboy and the studio picked Gadot

it wasn't Snyder's choice to cast Wonder Woman

It's a financially savvy individual

holla holla jew dolla

i thought she was okay in the role tho desu dfamialfifoawf

You mean the content trader?

>The whole Lex' party scene
>His whole speech to Superman during the fight
> Admitting he was wrong to Alfred
>Being sassy
Nah. He was great.

aye

ikr?

Lynda Carter is sex

Her theme is GARBAGE the rest of the music in BvS was the shit but her theme was GARBAGE

G A R B A G E
A
R
B
A
G
E

JUST LIKE GAL GADOUCHE

this?

youtube.com/watch?v=S176AKQhcCk

I don't like the theme song but it's catchy so it's not going away anytime soon

Gal Gadot is cute. CUTE.

Was Snyder paid off by Disney to fuck up the DCEU for life?

I would genuinely believe this as a conspiracy theory

digits confirming

Sounds good. Don't know what those other faggots were talking about.

No, Snyder is just a hack. Which is a damn shame because Dawn of the Dead was good.

No, it wasnt.

wtf I love gal gadot now

No,WB is shooting themselves in the foot. UE was much better then the original cut and it would have been a lot better if they didn't focus Snyder to throw in the "Dawn of Justice" aspect of the movie.

Snyder is literally, unironically, the only capeshit director whose films are worth watching.

Unlike seemingly every director in the MCU, he actually knows how to compose a shot that reinforces the themes of his films.

Are you snorting solvents??

She is perfect for Wonder Woman.

DUDE "PRETTY" FRAMES LMAO

I agree and this is coming for someone that likes Marvel movies.

Jew nepotism

It's not that they're "pretty" retard it's that they reinforce the subject matter.

That's actually really cool.

kino!

What is so special about it the fact that it goes from cold to warm colors? Why is this so special

The darker shots are from Batman's nightmares and right before he fights Superman. The lighter shot is after Superman's funeral when Batman has grown and regained hope.

In Snyder's films the cinematography and shot composition reinforce the narrative. For some reason this seems to enrage people who either a) don't get it, b) think it's pretentious to do so in comic book films and not arthouse ones and c) view it as "all style" which is a retarded complaint if you actually pay attention.

not to mention it's actually slightly less cold colors, not warm

the two frames on the top are not making any point either

Look at the framing of the of old burned house then look at the open gates. Look at the old dying field then look at the full healthy field.

>Israel

Guys, I think im on to something

Oh come on, Snyder...

why so many jews in his movies after all?

if by compose a shot you mean bang you over the head with obvious, forced, and cliched symbolism

fuck off

this desu senpai. Benman=Live action Conman.
remember how dark and oppressive BtAS was before StAS came along? Is Snyder bringing pottery to the DCCU?

Also if you look before Bruce has no path but in the other shot the field has a clear path.

Fucking profound. They all must be good friends.

Spot on, senpai.

It's so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.

Shot composition can't save a shitty film from a shitty director, sorry.

I always find it funny that it's literally what impress film students the most and what they always focus on with their student films, but when someone calls Snyder a film student-tier director, they get mad

If you guys can interpret the messages being conveyed in any of those shots, I'll be quite pleasantly surprised. Hell, I'll be amazed if you can even interpret the shot at the party.

>If I throw adjectives around it' ll make it seem like I have an argument!

t.simpleton who can't support his points.

What did she mean by this?

>nail the casting with superman

as a completely heterosexual man, i'm fine with admitting i would slurp tequila from henry cavill's bellybutton, but he is a horrible superman. he has no presence. christopher reeve walked out wearing an embarassing suit with bright red underwear and he STILL sold you on that he was a charismatic alien from a distant world. cavil is a pretty black hole of charisma.

Like a hotter version of Katy Perry.

The nailed the casting of Superman, but gave him total shit to work with. Batfleck was surprisingly really good, looking forward to the solo movie. Hopefully it has nothing to do with any of the other DC movies. Just imagining Leto's Joker in another movie makes me want to vomit.

I could explain if you hadn't already explained both shots AND named the party shot filename explaining it, retard

Besides, they are very easy to understand, not that "you can't understand it, that means it's higher art" is a valid argument

>Cavill auditioned, but I can't speak for the others. I assume they were just negotiated to be in the movie.

gadot auditioned with ben affleck

Nolans version was better desu

I'm still reserving judgement. I personally believe that part of what's being conveyed in these films is that just having the powers doesn't make you Superman, nor does just putting on the suit.

If you go back and watch MoS, you'll see Clark briefly be at ease in the role of Superman right before his first encounter with Zod. For that brief, shining moment, we see him optimistic. hopeful, even cracking jokes. Then the heavy burden of it all comes crashing down on him.

So far, we've pretty much had Clark Kent cosplaying as Superman, not the fully realized public persona. I think that will play a role in his next appearance. Also, I kind of hope that we get to see him seeking advice from a guy who's had long experience at crafting a separate persona.

beautiful shots yes, but he fucks up the rest.

No need to get defensive so fast. Just because you think the file name explains the meaning behind that image pretty much says it all.

Also, not my posts, but by all means, please do continue with the juvenile insults. It really sells your intellectual superiority,

Franchises aren't made to tell overaching stories as if each film is one episode.

They can have and overaching progression but each film has to stand on its own and have a character arc on its own.

People won't pay to watch 5 movies before Superman can start acting like Superman and this is mostly where Snyder has gone wrong... IF he actually had intention of doing that and not just makign Superman edgy, which honestly is way more likely when you consider Snyder's mentality.

>LexsCrookedHalo

OH... WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

Could be that he is presenting himself as an angel but he's actually evil? 2deep4me

Tell me more about Snyder's mentality,

Dawn of the Dead
mtv.com/news/1580555/watchmen-director-zack-snyder-reaches-for-a-slice-of-cheese/

Comics and their Potential for Social Commentary
forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2014/04/17/exclusive-interview-with-zack-snyder-director-of-batman-vs-superman/#741dcc1f3dcc

forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2016/04/01/interview-zack-snyder-discusses-themes-behind-batman-v-superman/#72d351214df6

Watchmen Interview
ew.com/article/2008/07/17/watchmen-chat-director-zack-snyder

Sucker Punch
slashfilm.com/video-you-dont-understand-sucker-punch/

youtube.com/watch?v=qQm1rBqh53Y

The only time we see that imagery associated with him, what sort of environment is he in? How do you think that same theme applies to Superman?

Is Superman, in actuality, a god?

he's always "deconstructing" and never building up because he thinks that's the only way of making something "intellectual"

No, Superman isn't a god according to kinoisseurs
Even though it's hammered through MoS and BvS that he is a god

never got this. superman can't heal the injured, cure the sick, spiritually save souls, this particular one can't even inspire people. why is a strong guy who can fly repeatedly called a "god". what's so godlike about him? that he can puch a plane? THOUSANDS of DC characters can do this