/carib/ ACT 27: Easter edition

ITT we discuss the caribbean region and all its mysteries, foreigners and heretics are welcome (except for Venezuelans).

Today is the day that Jesus rose from the dead and showed us his true power as opposed to what the filthy jews kept shouting during his crucifixion. Praise be the lord. Amen.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/AVLON-Keracare-Moisturizer-Jojoba-Unisex/dp/B002BEM3B2
youtu.be/K5F05n2k3iM
atkingdom.com/model/5/17944/Venus_Rosales.html
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ToNBGOoE3S4
youtu.be/Og39iIBeOHI
youtu.be/9qKCl9NL1Cg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Amen.

Gonna bump with some Easter prayers

In Matthew 28 you said “Do not be afraid," - God, I hand over to You those things that make me so afraid. Resurrect the parts of my faith squelched by fear.

On Good Friday, Jesus turned the world’s system upside down, losing everything in order to win everything. Death greedily swallowed up a perfect victim, destroying itself in the process. Heaven’s heartbreak bought earth’s redemption. It was the perfect storm: an unspeakable loss, an incomparable victory.

But You, God, have called me to afaiththat includes both Good Friday and Easter Sunday. You call me to remember both death and resurrection. Because either one, without the other, would be meaningless.

I forgotten all of the christian stuff, but I do remember Some of the folk lore stuff

Papa Bois

Papa Bois, also called Maitre Bois, lives in the forest and he is the father or protector of the animals that live there. He is often seen by hunters and other people who live near the forest. He gets animals out of snares and treats sick animals at his dwelling. He is an old man who is very hairy, like an animal and usually is only dressed in a pair of ragged trousers with a bamboo horn hanging from his belt. He can turn himself into the form of a large stag or any other animal as well to be able to observe the hunters unnoticed. He is usually very kind, but can be dangerous when crossed. He might even cast a spell on a bad hunter and turn him into a wild hog.

Soucouyant

The Soucouyant (Sukuya), also called Old Hag, is a supernatural being who has made a pact with the devil to be able to change herself into all kinds of different forms. At night she sheds her human skin and changes into a ball of fire or any kind of animal and casts spells on people to turn them into animals also, but she has to slip back into that skin before dawn breaks and the cock crows, otherwise she will not be able to get back into it. So it may happen, that, when people suspect that an old woman neighbour of theirs is, in fact, a soucouyant, they may trick her by going to her house at night and destroying the skin she left behind by putting salt on it so that it will shrink and she will not be able to get back into it and thus die. In Trinidad, if somebody walks around with a "hicky" (soukie) on his neck, he may get remarks from his friends like: " Eh, Eh, Soucoyant suck yuh or wha ? "

Jesus, You tell me to take up my cross and follow You. Today more than ever, I remember what a weighty invitation that is. You won by dying—and it’s only by dying that I can follow in Your footsteps. It’s only by dying that I’ll ever truly come alive.

Teach me, God, to mourn and celebrate Your death. Then take me by the hand, lead me into my own death, and teach me to mourn and celebrate that death too. Amen.

La Diablesse

La Diablesse (Lajables), the Devil Woman, roames at night. She has eyes like burning coals and a face resembling that of a corpse, but hides it under a beautiful wide-brimmed hat and a veil over her face. She is dressed exquisitely in a blouse with puffy sleeves and long, petticoated, skirts. She has one cloven foot, which she tries to hide under her long skirts. She turns up at village dances, where she is immediately disliked by the women present, but she utterly charms the men and then asks one of them to take her home. He follows her, totally under her spell. She leads him deep into the woods and then suddenly she disappears. Unable to find his way home, the poor fellow stumbles around in the dark wood until he either falls into a ravine or a river to his death or gets attacked by wild hogs

Duppies are ghosts that roam the earth at night. It is said that to keep duppies out of your house you must either sprinkle salt or rice grains all around the house; as the duppy must first count each individual grain before entering. By which time the sun will have arisen and they must then return to the spirit world.

Churile (pronounced Choo-ryle)

A churile is the spirit of a pregnant woman who died during childbirth, or committed suicide during pregnancy. She is depicted by long, unbound, disheveled hair streaming over her face. Dressed in white, she carries her fetus in her arms. In the dead of the night, she wails sorrowfully as her unborn child cries for milk like a cat.

A churile is in eternal grief since she lost her child. A churile's victim is a pregnant woman, who she follows and possesses out of envy. Her attacks on women take the form of miscarriages, even among those in her former household. A churile also attacks her former husband through the onset of sickness. She would seek revenge if he had abused her during their marriage, and if he had neglected or neglects the children she had borne for him when she was human.

Bacoo: A spirit of small stature that pelts stones at houses and moves objects within a house. He is supposed to live on banana and milk. Stories abound of the existence of bacoos in Georgetown and other areas in Guyana. Could have come from Surinam and are said to be trapped in a corked bottle unless released. Active mainly at night, it is said that a satisfied bakkoo will answer the wishes of its owner. 'Baku' in many West African languages means 'little brother' or 'short man'. It also is related to the word the word 'bacucu' meaning 'banana'. In West Africa, the short races (such as the pygmies) were believed to have magical powers. This seemed to have been brought to Guyana, where the short races, or 'bakus', were still regarded as having magical powers.

The last one already pruned?

Dai Dai: Amerindian spirit of the forests who protects the gold and diamond treasure - short, squat, resembles a moving tree.

Kanaima: The spirit of vengeance or justice believed in by Amerindians. Death is caused by a knot in the intestines or in some mysterious fashion. Also a person who carries out acts of vengeance.

Masacouraman: Powerful spirit of rivers - he pulls down into the water at rapids, the boats carrying pork knockers into the bush.

I just imagine you narrating all this stuff and it's very suspenseful.

I really should do that one day

If you make a series out of it on youtube I'd watch it.

One blumphf

Interdasting thought, if I ever move to a quieter place I'll do some test recordings.

I quite enjoy folklore but I am often frustrated that I can't remember all of them
only fragments

TFW no Soucouyant to ride you in your sleep

>old woman
>old hag
Really user?

yes

hi crib

Was the Trip fun?

:(

Police man is that you?

Soucouyant != Succubus

how are my crebmans doing today? any big news?

I did a dumb stuff and I'm regretting it now. But I feel kinda ok with my decision at the same time.

and what dumb decision was that

No news since everyone is on holiday, this week is going to be hell for me but oh well.

Do you confess to a qt?

That is a very bad mistake to make

>(except for Venezuelans).
thats mean tbqh lad

For some strange reasons the Arubans dislike Venezuelans

I'm here to collect RAREs

Stay outta my island.

Good to see you back Trinibro

The first official meet-up will be held in Cuba circa mid 2018. Questions?

reporting in

Pleas collect rare flags quietly

Cuba?
Bah!

>not wanting a mamacita to suck you off for $5,-

>Going through south america to get to Cuba
No....

Also
My hair keeps drying out I need a good moisturizer and oil...thoughts?

Stop being a buzz kill.

>my hair keeps drying out
If you're tired of coconut oil, there's always shea, olive, aloë, etc.

Eh I dunno man I usually go the less is more route. amazon.com/AVLON-Keracare-Moisturizer-Jojoba-Unisex/dp/B002BEM3B2
This works wonders though and some argan oil as well. I use coconut oil as a pre shampoo treatment and leave it in for hours (overnight is best) and that seems to work fine for me

> coconut oil,
I want to try that but I don't want to smell like a Carib/ kalinago

When I use it as a pre shampoo treatment it gets washed out afterwards so I get the effects but not the scent

We are NOT going to Cuba. Questions?

Happy Easter everyone. I love you all!

>buzz kill.
That's my thing :^)

I currently using Cream of nature Shae butter and mango oil
but it gets dry as fuck my the end of the day.

I guess I'll try the olive oil

Thanks mate, much love for you
Let's have it in North Korea instead

See
Yes, we are.

Bon Pasco!

Then snap out of it.

The nukes would have dropped by then fampai.

>Then snap out of it.
Why would I? I'm not particularly happy

No we are not.

Positief thoughts.

Yes
We
Are

Why cuba thoughhh

No
We
Are
Not.

End of story.

Pfff they can't even decide which island. If all else fails, Fort Lauderdale it is. The tap water is horrible though ugh.

-_-

(^:

Don't you mock me temptress

Cry some more.

I've cried too much and now I'm just dry on the inside

youtu.be/K5F05n2k3iM
What are you guys listening to?

Lmao Val you meanie

Remember kids never become a brainwashed leftist

Leftism turns top qts in brainwashed whores

Toplel

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ToNBGOoE3S4

I'll pretend to be one when it's convenient for me.

Aaahahhahah

youtu.be/Og39iIBeOHI

The most satisfying webm of all time

Was it actually a white supremacist thing

No, it was a Pró-Trump and Pró-Freedom of expression event in Berkley and the tolerant left decided that don't wanted free expression:

youtu.be/9qKCl9NL1Cg

Damigo is a self admitted white supremacist. Also, your autistic posts belong on

You're both right, minus the autism accusation (well maybe not idk). Independent journalists on the scene said it was mostly run of the mill non-fascists, but fascists showed up as well, including the man that punches the woman in that webm.

Justin Cuckdeau pls leave this thread

Ah, so both sides are cunts

I remain apathetic then

I side with the fashies seeing as antifa showed up somewhere on the pretense that free speech is code for hate speech and then instigated violence. They just lost the violence because skinny middle class white kids aren't very good at throwing punches. In the process, average, good Americans came to work alongside white supremacists. Sounds like Germany before the war, eh?

Before leftism

After leftism:

I am quite burnt out on politics and which particular tribe is against what other
tribe. At this point I would like nothing more than an observatory station at Lagrange point 1.

Can't you just be chill?

many of my childhood friends have become diehard leftists

I sometimes worry that they are judging me for my relative apathy

>white girl with dreads
supprised she didn't get shunned by for cultural appropriation

I don't really feel strongly about any thing in particular and I don't
know if that's a bad thing or not.

>supprised she didn't get shunned by for cultural appropriation
Cultural crimes like that are mostly excuses to try to corner ideological opponents. If you're fighting for their team (especially if you're a walking vagina), you can do no wrong.

Sleep comrade, how goes the struggle?
Yours truly, Canine

*sl
Damned auto correct

>how goes the struggle?
Same as always onii-senpai

>cultural appropriation
I still don't understand how this is a thing

there were horses on my block today

I find apathy pretty comfy desu

hows it going canine?

That's neat

>Apathy pretty comfy
but it can lead to bad stuff

It's great, I'm to work just killing time

Are you guys white, niggers or mixed?

Aruba is like if a Benetton ad became a country.

did they leave any gifts. the police ride horses around here sometimes and they always leave gift is the middle of the road

Niggs came from africa as slaves, but where did the whites came from? What part of Europe?

Definitely not Poland.

kek

asphalt

all parts senpai

Are you black?