Is he the most overrated artist of all time?

is he the most overrated artist of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ide7Y9LK6b4
youtube.com/watch?v=AG9ph9xkOrw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Has a musician ever died an more embarrassing way than Elvis?

yeah he's up there for sure

>The King
>overrated

Jeff Buckley's canoe accident.

I don't think anybody considers him an artist. He's more like a cheap pop culture reference to the 50's.

Yes

That would be Radiohead

Spot on list desu
except Moby, nobody cares about him

OP here, good to know other people share the same opinoin. Thought I was the only one.

He was a tremendous vocalist but not a good technical musician.

No, the answer is obvious.
Kashmir is there only good song, stairway to heaven is just dull and long-winded.

you know nothing about music. I bet you listen to rap you shit eating faggot pleb

Allah bows to Elvis, the only true King

This especially because of how garbage they are

no

he is highly underrated these days

his stuff through about '63 is very good music

he was a sensational performer

No, he had an incredible voice. All the power and soul of the best black artists with the aesthetics of a white man. Truly one of a kind.

Are you telling me he was the Eminem of his time?

I would have never come up with that comparison in a million years........but, there is some serious validity to it.

>Pavement
>GBV
>overrated

>merely a singer of songs written by other people
>"artist"

When Ian Curtis's kinky time went wrong

Didn't Michael Hutchence of INXS die of autoerotic asphyxiation?

Go fuck yourself.

this
led zeppelin are fucking gash

youtube.com/watch?v=ide7Y9LK6b4

these elvis lyrics are about getting high, yeah man

Physical Graffiti is one of the best albums of the '70s you monsters.

>performing a screenplay written by somebody else
>"actor"

Wasn't Jeff swiming?

>When Ian Curtis's kinky time went wrong
Kinky time? What?

Only the first side.

no that would be the beatles.

Probably, which doesn't mean he wasn't good.

I thought so too until I saw this for the first time:
youtube.com/watch?v=AG9ph9xkOrw

Depends how you want to define artist, but he was a heartthrob like no other in his day, girls just went crazy for him and they even had to ban his music from schools and shit like that, just for his ability to make the girls sploosh

Sam Cooke was shot bollock naked by a hotel manager after a woman he went to the hotel with ran off with his clothes
Possibly, though it's officially a suicide

When he hung himself. They're being edgy.

>Bowie
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

A Valentine Gift for You [RCA Victor, 1985]

I know he invented rock and roll, in a manner of speaking, but I have news for you--that's not why he's worshiped as a god today. He's worshiped as a god today because in addition to inventing rock and roll he was the greatest ballad singer this side of Frank Sinatra--because the spiritual translucence and reined-in gut sexuality of his slow weeper and torchy pop blues still activate the hormones and slavish devotion of millions of female human beings worldwide. Beginning and ending with the schlock masterpieces "Are You Lonesome Tonight?" and "Can't Help Falling in Love" and rescuing tracks from such renowned works of phonographic art as the Viva Las Vegas EP, the Spinout soundtrack, and the Something for Everybody album, this may not be a religious experience, but it comes close. My only real complaint is Peggy Lee's (not Little Willie John's) "Fever." Because in this company I really miss "It's Now or Never." A

30 #1 Hits [RCA, 2002]

By my unofficial All Music Guide tally, this makes 385 Elvis comps, some as collectible as his soundtracks themselves, not one definitive. Although pursuing his pure essence is a fool's mission, only fools gainsay The Sun Sessions. A Valentine Gift for You is something to cherish. And there's use value in the five-CD The King of Rock 'n' Roll: The Complete 50's Masters, which duplicates 13 of these selections. But this chart-seeking slice-and-dice feeds off his schlock power. It validates his audience. And it suggests that his life was a continuous whole, not the tragically bifurcated mess of current convention. What holds it together? Think lightness, even on the supposedly feral "One Night." A+

>I don't think anybody considers him an artist.

Overrated by old fucks who were there, underrated by Millenials.

"Elvis had sex with all of his female co-leads but one."

-- Mary Tyler Moore

>Prince
more like underrated. everybody only knows Purple Rain.

Led Zeppelin

His fault for not letting anyone listen to his music.

Those Elvis movies were pretty fucking bad, and literally all of them were exactly the same.

>movie set in some exotic location
>Elvis has to rescue some damsel in distress from peril

He was the highest-paid star in Hollywood for a while, all of which goes to show how poor the movie scene in the early 60s was.

>waaaaahhh i have to BUY music

Get offa Sup Forums, Lars Ulrich.

Who wrote this? It's pin point accurate sans RDJ(unless he means just SAW1/2).

"When we were kids, everyone wanted to Elvis. I wanted to be [Scotty Moore]."

-- Keith Richards

Change of Habit? Oh well, they were both in their 30s and married to other people at that point. If that had been 7-8 years earlier, hell yeah they would have rocked and rolled.

>Pavement

Fuck off

Is the truth "edgy" now?

Fucking goddamn this.

Elvis is one of the few artists that went from massively overrated to massively underrated