I'm a 22 year old Controls Engineer making $53k a year without having any sort of Degree...

I'm a 22 year old Controls Engineer making $53k a year without having any sort of Degree. I made the decision when I was 12 that I wanted to work as an engineer in industrial automation, set my will to it, and worked hard. There are plenty of other people my age doing a lot better than me even...So the question is, why are you such a skill-less underperforming faggot?

because I'm a nihilist.

We're all really impressed, faggot

The question is why you think 50k is impressive. Im a junior software engineer. I sit in an air condotioned cube getting paid 80k a year, full health/dental, 3 weeks vacation, 10 days sick time, a 401 (k) woth a 5% match, and i literally graduated school less than 6 months ago.

Don't be fucking impressed, shits nothing compared to some people achievements. What's your story Bean Boy?

Who ever said I thought it was impressive?

>tfw the universe will eventually succumb to entropy and go dark
>at least I worked a meaningless job to increase the money in someone else's pocket for a while

sounds wonderful. and tell me about your family.

>anonymity allows me to be superior on the internet.

how pathetic.

Do you live in calgary? I used to make control panels like that in calgary.

>nihilist
>superior
you must be confused.

on track to make $115k this year
no college, only high school

tradeskills are where its at for sure

HS drop out here..

I'm a telecommunications engineer making 90K, while you were in college. I was roaming the world, doing drugs, fucking bitches, partying my ass off and having a good time. Now I make more money than you and no debt from college. Best of all I'm getting my CCIE this year and will be making an additional 45K/yr.

WHO THE BITCH NOW?

i also have no degree, but i am making 64k a year as an osp engineer

No one wants to hear your humble brag you glorified IT cuck.

OSP engineer... AKA fiber monkeys lol

claiming to be a nihilist is just another way of telling op you are better than him.

it's the only reason you posted it.

im also a drop out, and also in telcom

I'm a 27 year old Building Engineer making $58k a year without having any sort of Degree. I made the decision when I was 23 and had washed up in my first career that I wanted to enter the trades, set a marginal amount of my brain power to it, and worked the bare minimum amount necessary to impress my bosses at least once per week at a staff meeting or someshit. There are plenty of other people my age (obviously) doing a lot better than me even...So the question is, why haven't I become an hero?

You know OP, you really set a hostile tone for this thread.

You're edginess is going to lead to everyone coming in here just to shit on you, and then someone else will shit on them. You've created a literal shit post.

the reason I posted is because he asked why.

no one is better than any other person. especially not simply for the words that come out of their mouth

I make 65K a year as a database analyst, no degree. In two years I'll be making 90k. Get on my level faggot.

true, but not bad for a felon. spent 10 years of my life selling guns\drugs.

Nice. I'm m/25 controls engineer. Got a Chemical Engineering degree though. It's a legit career. I do advanced controls. Demand for that shit is crazy.

but you keep trying.

*85k a year

>spent 10 years of my life selling guns\drugs.
>felon

I was going to ask why you stopped, but I guess it's self explanatory.

THIS.

As the saying goes there is always a bigger fish. OP is just young dumb and full of cum to think straight. Get's his first taste of pussy at life and thinks he's the only one that's discovered success. Idiot.

>Controls Engineer

Nice title for a fake engineer controlled monkey. How does it feel to be inferior to every real Engineer in the field? You make decent pay for being a complete moron, but you are really no better than the cashier at Wendy's to be quite honest.

Good start.
I can electrically install and program automated equipment. I can design, manufacture/fabricate all parts needed mechanically, install them, commission the assembly, and troubleshoot problems.... this after 20yrs of trade experience.
Go ahead, call me faggot.
P.s, is this a bunch of drives networked together, there must be a plc or something there, but maybe it's a brand I'm not familiar with

I guess merely answering questions and replying to people makes someone superior, or think they're superior.

have you ever heard of emotional projection?

i'm a nihilist, i have no emotions.

nihilists have emotions. we're human. we just realize the futility of life and the hamster wheel you call work.

bwajajaja faggoo detected

My family is pretty cool. I am grateful for the lessons my parents taught me. Both my mother and father are technicians. I have a Wife and a 10 month old son and we recently purchased 3 acres of land and a House. Currently we are working on increasing our ability to generate our own food. Getting into farming and raising chickens and such.

I live near Chicago!

so you don't have a job?

be honest user, how old are you? and how do you survive in this world without income?

>Currently we are working on increasing our ability to generate our own food. Getting into farming and raising chickens and such.

good. keep doing this.

people need to learn where their food comes from and how to survive on their own.

Thats Awesome man! The skills gap that exists is absurd, its really nice to have a career in a steady field.

Sounds like I'm da bitch now now. Great job!

I walk and care for dogs.
I'm an entrepeneur.

and it actually makes more money than you'd expect, because all the people that "need" someone to look after their dog are pretty well off and don't know the value of their money either way.

I never said I didn't have an income. I just enjoy what I'm doing and don't care if this is "it" for me. it allows me time to pursue my real passion for art and music, and I don't have to deal with humans all day.

Working on getting up there. Trying to make around 100k a year by the time I am 30

so just another loser than.

hey enjoy life bud.

oh and I'm 27. and you could easily make more than $200 a day just begging in LA.

people are too hung up on silly things like "pride" and "honor".

at least I know the difference between then and than. don't really care if you think I'm a loser. that's one of the main benefit of being a nihilist.

Then* ya dip

>a 27 year old dog walking nihilist

nobody is laughing at you.

>nobody is laughing at you.
aww why not. I was thinking it might make for a decent sitcom.

military vet, drone pilot $185k/yr, no degree

bitch

>drone pilot
that's an oxymoron.

53k/yr

Pleb.

Fuck yeah man, that's a killer job . looks like I'm the faggot

Sorry to burst your bubble mate.
But being an Engineer requires an Engineering degrees. And as you said, you don't have any kind of degree... Therefore you are not an engineer, you and those indian tech support that call themselves engineers are the same. You set yourself a goal to be an engineer, yet you failed. Stop bragging here on Sup Forums with your shit salary, thanks bye

Yeah, its definitely not much, but you gotta start somewhere. I'm a Pleb now, but I'm not gonna stay that way

I'm 42 a union industrial electrician, I have made 56k so far this year and have 160k in my 401 plus a pension.

I have ten yrs on the job and will have grossed 1 million dollars in these ten yrs.

>35
>chef at wendy's
>150k/yr

a better sitcom story would be the idiot that says he doesn't care what people think of him and then proceeds to respond to every post defending his station in life.

you could even have a catch phrase like "at least i can spell"

until your job gets sent overseas for people to do the needful.

>at least i can spell
it was a grammatical error, but close enough.

im sure soon enough we will be paying for this fucker to survive.

How'd you fellas get into these?
What trade? I've tried most of them out and have yet to find one paying better than $15/hr

Funny story
>be me
>working in security
>brand new building close to a billion dollars
>they contract some facility maintenance group
>manlet hot head calls himself chief engineer
>calls his co-workers engineers
>no more than facility maintenance
>he used to be a salesman, no degree
Quit the job so fast due to his ego and us being under them.

110k /yr
Industrial Electrician
Siemens PLC's are good hardware, but the interface blows. After weighing platforms, we're using Rockwell for our upgrade (about $4 million project, or so). They have their issues too, but they're easier issues.

You have the skills, now find the job that pays you for them. Or not. If you enjoy where you work, that's worth a lot too. I could be making ~250k in power generation. I choose to have low stress and cool shit to play with.

Peace

probably.

have fun paying taxes knowing leaches like me exist.

sleep tight honey.

every night bb

Please come back and tell me how you get into this? I've worked trades before and not afraid to learn

There is also a lot of people out there with engineering degrees being surpassed by self taught people. What is this magical intelligence you claim a degree grants?

this.

im sick of getting paid 10/hr but have no idea what to do with my life.
Also im 29 and have two kids

good sport.

i'm actually hammered and gonna fuck off now, i feel that was important for you to know.

merely credibility and the ability to prove your "education"

it's funny, because you're right, and this has been the truth for as long as computers have been around, because colleges have been lagging in the industry. vocational schools and self-taught seem to be much more efficient, given that people want experience more than a fancy degree.

I know the feel bro. 26 and never made more than $15/hr. Still living with mom and dad

cool man. me too

Sad af nigger. I would literally live like a reject and never go out in the world. On a second thought, I've met a guy like you who never made more than $12 an hour and plays on a nintendo 3ds. He also thought he was superiority complex because he was white and had long hair. He ate tv dinner for lunch everyday and has a fat dyke as his best friend.

- Go on monster / linkedin
- Post resume showcasing mad skills
- Respond to Head Hunters locating people with mad skills for clients
- Be flexible with location and schedule
- Profit!!

You're welcome

Oops. Responded to myself.

True, keep reaching for that top rung.

Jump on every opportunity and don't be afraid to fuck people over for the better deal. Don't make coworkers in to friends, friends are for outside of work. If they become your friends you'll hesitate when its time to jump. You miss that jump, and that opportunity could be lost forever.

Trump here. President of The United States of America. $1 per year. Still worth more than everyone in this thread combined.

I am scared of money.

Not in the meme sense of muh capitalism is bad but I grew up in relatively poor conditions, but I was happy because I had my sisters, my mom and dad and we were all really close.

When my dads work place shut down he decided to open his own firm and within a few years we suddenly were very wealthy, and it was awesome, got all the newest phoned, sneakers etc.
However I didnt realize how far I drifted away from my fam and especially my dad, he worked so much that I barely got to see him.

He also had problems showing his affection, I had and still dont have any doubts that he loves me, but he always showed it with money. Did good in school? Have a fifty. Bad day? Have a hundred.

After I moved out I realized how bad it got, we could barely hold a conversation without it getting awkward. What happened to the dad that played soccer with me in the rain? The one that watched cartoons with me all night when I was sick? All this got replaced by money and now its all we have we can share.

Money does not make you happy, a fullfilling job might of course bring you joy, but money has no real value when it comes down to it. The shiny Mercedez is gonna get boring in a month, that rolex will be out of your mind within an hour. I cant remember the last time I got something that I still am even slightly excited about.

I wonder how many rich people die with extreme regrets in regards to their priorities in live (generalization I know)

I am just a nofun NEET, who knows.

Spoken like a true neet who's done nothing more than browse advice but never using it for himself. Sorry buddy, that's not how the real world works.

3 years of chemical engineering, took process control(essentially calculating setting for an automated microcontroller). i applied for over 100 jobs, including some listing only the requirements of associates degree(2 years community college). almost no replies, and definitely no interviews or jobs. what is wrong

I had the exact same experience except my dad was a loser who worked in manufacturing because he was too much of a pussy to do anything with his degree. He retired too early and is struggling af with the mortgage for his houses he own. We don;t talk anymore because I cannot financially help him with money so shit gets awkward fast. Haven't talked to him in like a year and a half and I live with him....

you cocky faggot, kill yourself

you sound like a huge douche

i make the same but part time in sales... nice try faggot i'm not impressed.

>get a load of this faggot

You have no idea what you are talking about. Please, stop.

I wouldn't be making $127k/yr if I let my friends go first. Fuck that, I pushed fuckheads like you out of the way to get where I am. Shitheads like you aren't even worth my time while I'm working. My subordinates are just tools I control to make more money.

So how long have you been neet?

Shit sucks man, I bet your debt from school is heavy if you got a loan. What skills or certifications do you have other than your Degree? When I was 17 coming out of High school I had some Industrial safety certifications and Shit like the fact that I was firmiliar with ISO 9001 and Roberts Rules of order on my resume, I think that helped me stand out a bit.

CCIE god damn how ready are you for that 2 day exam?

Im a chemical engineer making 75k a year but in 2 years ill only have 3 years until i am 10k from making 350k an hour

no certificates, i dont even know what certificates to get, i'd get them all if i knew what to do. luckily money isnt a problem, but the feeling of being unproductive is a killer. took a whole bunch of extra courses before i changed majors too, like statistics, economics, and all kinds of handtool skills from working as a handyman

can you plase help here

Throw verbs in your resume. Show how you take action and get shit done. But at the end of the day a lot of positions are predecided before they really even get posted. My latest position i had on lockdown before it even posted, only nepotism from waaaaay up the chain would have taken the job.

As long as you've been a cock gargling turbo-queer.

Neet comeback faggot

Sounds like you have a good skill set, does your resume just suck?

I'll concede that.

Walter. Go to bed.

idk what could suck about it, its organized and displays all technical information about me. i saw other students resumes, and they listed class homework assignments as independent projects they worked on, even tho they were like 3 hours of work. am i too honest and not lying my ass off enough?

I never found something that I really wanted to do.

Calling someone a faggot
>how original

Do you ever wonder how different your life would be if you had gotten enough oxygen at birth?