ITT: We write an acceptable series finale of list

>Establish shot of Island

>Island sinks into the ocean

>ocean sinks into the earth's crust

>earth's crust sinks into the core

the finale was perfectly acceptable. the only people who disagree were contrarian faggots and people who thought they were dead the whole time

this

How did people even come to think this? That thought literally didnt even cross my mind until a bunch of retards told me that.

there was an extreme fuck-up where for the live airing some stupid jew hack producer thought "that was pretty emotional, we need something to help the audience calm down before we just harsh cut to their local news" so they inserted, without the showrunners knowledge, archive footage of the plane wreckage on the empty beach from the first episode, so the audience saw this lifeless footage and thought "shit, so they all died in the plane crash and no one was ever really on the island? thats so stupid!" and normies and plebs think this is the case to this day

>polar bears
>the helicopter comes to save Sharon and the baby
no but really, I just wanted the baby to be something more

It was already made you embryo fagit

There's really no way to put a better finale up there without re writting the two last seasons.

continuing from this post

>the island re-emerges from earths core, you see silhouettes on the island

Lost finale's was fucking great.

>The survivors spend the rest of their lives harnessing as much fabric they can make until covers the entire Island
>The fabric is shaped like a fedora
>After everyone has finally died, the Island floats into the sky
>The rotting carcasses of the survivors randomly fall off
>The Island turns to the camera
>The Island tips its fedora and says 'there is no god'

>fade to black
>roll credits

I'm probably one of the only people to ever guess the ending to Lost when I told my friend "the only way this show could end on a horrible note is if they did some retarded Final Fantasy shit where they have to destroy the core of the island and its some nonsensical light or something" not even joking

The finale wasn't the issue. The finale was as good as they could get it given how they wrote the series. What really needed to happen for it to be true Kino up there with Breaking Bad etc. is for the John Locke vs Jack rivalry to be the main focus, and the theme of faith vs science being ramped up abit more.

the series highest point in my opinion was the scene where John, for that one second, convinced Jack to press the button.

Mr Ekko needed to continue to play a bigger part as well. I cant remember why they cut the character but that really sucked.

They took the interest in Dharma too far and memed the ending with science while losing the constrasting aspect of faith the series had at the beginning.

This guy gets it.

>memed the ending with science while losing the constrasting aspect of faith the series had at the beginning
Didn't they do the opposite, at least where Jack's concerned? He became the new Locke essentially, doing things based off of faith in the Island. Maybe its just me but the show gave off a really strong 'faith' message in the end.

> I cant remember why they cut the character but that really sucked
I believe both his parents died around the same time so he asked to be let off the show to return home.

Why did this show go from magnificent to a steaming pile of shit after the end of Season 3?
All they had to do to keep it relatively believeable and watchable was to keep the cast on the damn island.
Why wasnt anyone smart enough to realize that leaving the island would doom the show's appeal?
They could've made it so there were multiple failed attempts to leave.
It could've been stretched for at least 5 seasons with the 6th being a sort of return trip and then 2nd escape situation.
Name other shows where the first 2 or 3 seasons were all-time great and the last seasons being straight dog shit.

>unpopular opinion
You answered your own question.

what are you on about m8? the ending was 100% spiritual in nature, had nothing to do with sci-fi or dharma

>implying Lost isn't as good as Breaking Bad
literally what

I don't completely disagree. But the show was never about science vs. faith personified through Jack vs. Locke. Season 2 episode 1, titled just that, is not about the two characters versus each other, but rather focusing on Jack who is a man of science AND faith.

Also what said.

Mr. Eko shouldn't have gotten cut, though. Unfortunately he did as he didn't feel like he was getting paid enough to be on Hawai'i or something, though.

Dude, season 4 was the best. Second half of season 3 is also fucking great - ever since they had a contract/ending date set in stone.

However, writers' strike did affect S4 a bit.

The end goal was never getting off the island.

The show isn't about people lost on an island, it's about people lost in their lives.