War of The Worlds thread

Name a most scary and cool sound effect than that, just do it.

>youtube.com/watch?v=jzY099ihULs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/L-S15IDcQgE?t=10s
youtube.com/watch?v=Zeeq2fYbfGY
youtube.com/watch?v=af9Uo8Q0wZY
youtube.com/watch?v=yLyaCgbEGIo
youtube.com/watch?v=N-r4pPrHarw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I've always had such a love for this movie. The shot of the tripod looming over the pier is so magnificent.

that sound was in half life 2, 5 years previous.

This isn't Sup Forums.

it's all entertainment and distraction thumbelina

Is the book like in the movies? Aren't the aliens kinda retarded setting up these giant machines thousands of yeras ago but failing to acknowledge something as stupid as some fucking bacteria?

>Aren't the aliens kinda retarded setting up these giant machines thousands of yeras ago but failing to acknowledge something as stupid as some fucking bacteria?
Napoleon attacked Russia in the winter. Everybody makes mistakes.

Is it really? Where?

In the book they come from space and start building the tripods on Eart with they ships/cylinders

It's a sound a large, distant ship makes while you're in the aqueduct like area.

The whole build-up was honestly just great and that entire sequence was a 10/10 in an otherwise 5/10 movie. Only time I've ever been able to be sucked back into a movie that I'm mad at mid-watch.

Huh, now that you mention it I do remember something similar. I need to replay that soon. Plus, the movie did come out like a year after HL2 so I'd say it's quite plausible.

UUUUUUUUULLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

It is a fucking didgeridoo god dammit. It is not some strange made up one time use instrument.

Still gives me chills, it's a fucking freaky sound

>that scene when the family barely makes it across the river with their lives and just when they think they are safe the see thousands of humans being vaporized

It's just a mix of low brass and woodwinds playing an ascendimg minor 3rd to create tension. It's been a thing in music for hundreds of years, for good reason.

>Superior Martian sound effect coming through
youtu.be/L-S15IDcQgE?t=10s
Also, what is it with people shilling for this movie this week? It sucked. One of Spielberg's worst and it completely missed the purpose of the original story.

youtube.com/watch?v=Zeeq2fYbfGY

I hate to admit it, but that movie seriously fucked me up in the head for a month or so.

The movie was pretty shit, but it sure was disturbing.

I live by Puget Sound Washington, and there are so many places that look exactly like this. I always think of a tripod coming over the hill whenever I'm in line for the ferry.

I first saw it when I was a little kid, I had nightmares about the harvesting and the "red weeds" for weeks.

I like those sirens

>mom,aunt,family friend, takes all of us kids to see this movie
>6 kids
>ages 7-11
>family:"it's a Steven Spielberg movie what can go wrong?"
Holy fucking shit that movie really fucked me up

>that scene where the family are on hillside by the pier seeing and hearing all the people screaming as they get snatched by the multiple tripods
>that scene where the guy gets brought down by the tripod to get pierced and have his fluids sucked out

youtube.com/watch?v=af9Uo8Q0wZY

The book is set in civil war era which to me wasn't as cool as they fight tripods with cannon balls.

The only time I ever want to rewatch this movie is for this particular scene. If this whole movie had this level of spooky and dread it might have ended up a 9/10

The book bypasses the 'tripods were already there' shit and simply has Verne-style cannonshell landings. Still bacteria, but considering the the limited knowledge of Mars at the time, the idea that it didn't have bacteria ever or they'd been eradicated so far past (this was in a time when 'planetary age' was a big thing) as to be beyond memory, it's not that odd - and the Martians couldn't have seen our bacteria in their telescopes.

The Thunder Child scene is still easily the best part of the book and it's a crime that nearly every adaption cuts it through the sheer laziness of updating the time period.

youtube.com/watch?v=yLyaCgbEGIo

youtube.com/watch?v=N-r4pPrHarw