Hey Sup Forums

Hey Sup Forums
How can I stop being so depressed?
I've been dealing with depression most of my life and I just want to be fucking happy.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KP86YocGJ3o
youtube.com/watch?v=T1mG6N3E4cE
englishclub.com/pronunciation/a-an.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

here op, listen to this, this will cheer you up. :)

youtube.com/watch?v=KP86YocGJ3o

Thanks, user.
Although now I just want to end it even more intensely. What is the key to happiness, anyway? My mother says it's a "stiff drink and a stiff sticker" whatever that fucking means.
Please, guys, I need some happy shit to help me.

kill yourself

nah he shouldn't kill himself bro that's fucked up

knowledge is power. an empty head is depressing.

if you didn't like that one, then you'll maybe like this one?

youtube.com/watch?v=T1mG6N3E4cE

Go see a professional who does cbt if you're poor or a yank go via mental health charity, shit works son

stop these are cancer

Jesus, dude...where the fuck did you find that? I had that shit on my speakers and now my 5 year old niece is trying to cut her wrists with a pair of plastic scissors.

this

cognitive behavioral therapy + medication. These 2 combined are your best way to beat it.

May be my only choice :(
this is a lot better, but now I'm sad that it is over.
I've been to a professional a few years ago, but it didn't help at all, but I might have to give it another try

what the hell, that's my latest hit single that you're talking about

I don't want to take medication to feel happy.
I just want to wake up and be happy, but I guess if it works I should try it.

OP here.
I don't know what to say.
I think you are mocking my pain with this song.
Anyway, I don't feel anymore depressed right now, so I guess it helped some?

The only thing that made me start caring about life was responsibility. Bought a house, got married, still thought about dying every day. But then I started thinking about how after I'm dead I won't get to see how my house progresses with the wife, and I started caring more about seeing the next day.

Eat some magic mushrooms. Studies show psilocybin helps people people with terminal illness to cope with their impending death. Maybe it can help a sad fuck like you.

we all have depression, it's called life.

what are you depressed about?

You sir are an imposter! Fore I am OP and I think that song is beautiful!

hell yeah it helped, I am a magician

Now I just get sad every time I leave the house. Today I cried because I saw two dogs having sex, and all I could think about was how the hell is that dog gonna be able to afford to have those pups?

Oh I also forgot I took shrooms once and that was the start of my turnaround.
me

Everything.
I get depressed from anything from people that walk by my house to the kids that scream in my basement.

I'm to much of a pussy to take shrooms, I don't like tripping.
Now not really anything its just here, and thats why its bothering me so much, but at first it was the loss of my brother then a few years later my mother. I didn't handle either one in a good way, but now I've accepted the losses, but still depressed

No, you are the imposter. That song could drown out the happiness at a Kushner Bar Mitzvah.

WHATTTTTTTTTT
that hurts mayne

depressed about what though? that sounds more like annoyance.

do you have a woman in your life, a pet, something to love and give meaning?

Don't listen to op, bro. I liked it! You should make more and post 'em. I bet you will have a cult following in no time! :D

I have a special woman that doesn't know I exist. I've had the biggest crush on her since the 2nd grade (I'm in college now).
I have 3 cats that I love more than anything, but other than that nothing

I plan to upload many more, in fact I got one going up tomorrow (totally not self promotion)

You could fucking die

Become an hero

englishclub.com/pronunciation/a-an.htm

kill yourself

Get rythem, when you get the blues.

fucking newfag

OP, are you on any medications for your depression?

nah bro that's messed up, plus my life's too much fun

You tried going gym? Lifting or something? Humans have evolved to be survivalists if you live a life that's too easy you're body will shut down and you'll become depressed

Get addicted to video games. Monster hunter is looking pretty good lately.

I've actually been thinking about getting into music, but I'm not very creative.
occasionally smoke weed and that helps a lot
I'm scared to go to the gym, because all of the big alphas there
already addicted to them darn video games

Try reading some Eckhart Tolle and meditation. It helps, really!

just do knock off songs like I do with an odd voice

stop posting on Sup Forums at midnight.

You most likely need a daily medication. An SSRI or SNRI. There's nothing shameful in seeking help from a doctor/medicine.

Sometimes we have a chemical imbalance that we just can't overcome on our own. Medication can help. It helped me.

Drop some acid and figure it out

This

I'll give it a try, thanks user.
It is 10:00 where I live you little goofball
I hate the thought of taking medication to be happy, but I'll try to get myself to get help soon.

stop posting on Sup Forums entirely.

The medication doesn't make you happy or change you. It simply allows your natural self and feelings to come through.

It simply lets you feel like you would feel without the chemical imbalance.

It makes you feel like you normally would.

What else would I do with my time? Improve my life.. haha. yeah.. good one

I'll have to give it a try then, but now my problem is getting the help. I hate talking to people, even if they are trying to help me.

wasted trips you fucking summerfag WHEN DOES MIDDLE SCHOOL START AGAIN

I watched cosmos so many times

Same partner. My parents are such fucking cunts. Do so much for them and they're ungrateful; don't really care for what I want. Cant wait to get the fuck out of here but honestly, I just wanna die.

nobody is just going to be fucking happy.
Get a goal, and stick to it. Try to have fun along the way.

If you don't get there by the end, carry your legacy through kin or trusted people.

Shoplift and run from the cops. It gives me the greatest rush of my life. If you don't wanna do that, then shitpost. Alot.

In my experience, the periods of depression in my life were rooted in lack of control or understanding of my situation.

When I was a kid, the day-in-day-out monotony of having to wake up, go to school, and go to sleep at the same time every day, never having a choice or a say in the matter was a weight on my shoulders I thought I would never get off.

Eventually I channeled it into questioning authority, beit parents, teachers, religion and "God". One day around the time I started smoking weed I was staring at the sky and something just "clicked".

I realized a lot of the things I thought I was doing wrong with my life weren't really important in the cosmic scheme of things.

I also watched Carl Sagan's cosmos a lot at the time. It was honestly my "athiest" phase and I was just as opinionated and cringey as you would expect.

All I can say is, keep looking up for the light. Despite how much it seems the world wants to pile shit on top of you. You're worth it faggot.

My problem is that everything seems pointless. Many things will benefit my life, but after I die it won't matter. The way that life is set up, getting a job and working for most of my life isn't how I want to live. It sucks that I have to do something that I view as pointless to live my pointless life in a "better" way.
My dad tells me that he is proud of me but it doesn't make me any happier, because I haven't done anything that I'm proud of. I've failed many of my classes. I just can't concentrate, because I view it as pointless, and if I drop out of school I'll have to get a job that I will also view as pointless. idk I think I'm just goingt o bed, maybe i'll feel a little better in the morning

Killl yourself

>What is the key to happiness, anyway?

In my case it took some lexapro. Psilocybin's worth a try too.

You need to realize that whatever you tell your doctor won't surprise them.

You're not the worst case they have, trust me.

They're medical professionals, this is their job. The best thing you can do is be honest. Just spit it out.

They won't care or judge you. They'll help you.

Nothing to be afraid of man.

Do something that feels rewarding, option B do as many drugs as you can

yep. im still there. drop out at 20 still living with my parents and living on disability. im pretty much enjoying it until shit hits the fan.

That pointlessness feeling is a classic depression symptom. I had that shit for years; it lifted on its own one day after my first year of university. The change was fucking unbelievable.

I just have a hard time showing my emotions, because I've held them in trying to be "a tough guy" for so long.

The most important thing is to not make any changes in your life. Do not go get any professional help at all. Don’t see a therapist or try any meds. Do not ask for help from any one qualified. Try asking for help on yahoo answers Sup Forums and reddit. The real professionals are there. People will try and tell you that if you are so goddamn retarded you try and fix problems by asking for advice on /b you don’t deserve happiness or to live. They are wrong! Try and make a thread every night at the same time so the same people join it and talk to you. It’s like having real friends but honestly a lot better. And remember that fixing problems like this happen nearly instantly. If it doesn’t work right away give a up an kill yourself. hard work doesn’t come from lots of small steps. All told it will take a day or to and you will be happy!

It hasn't helped yet, but I'll be here same time tomorrow :D

>I'm to much of a pussy to take shrooms, I don't like tripping.

Get over it. It's worth the effort.

You forgot the most important part, user. Drugs. They solve all of your problems, and then slowly replace them with new, more life threatening ones. It's so much fun.

holy shit you are right, tons of drugs, preferable meth or huffing. right wing propaganda that they are harmful and addictive.

I mean, I was going for more of a "steal your dad's ADHD medication" vibe, but when in Rome.

honestly LSD helped with my depression. Its such an emotionally raw drug, not to mention euphoric. Really helps deal with things and put everything into perspective. After glow seems to last for like a week, in terms of lifting my mood. But the actual emotional lessons are much more valuable.

Wasn't there a green xtx about a guy who got high huffing from an air horn.

I had a similar experience with mushrooms. 3 grams alone at night. It felt natural too. Not like an artificial high or even completely euphoric.

Like a bittersweet beauty and deep sadness but the next day I was so calm.

Indeed. Theres euphoria like a rush, or a cocaine high or whatever, and then theres just a very intense, spiritual kind of happyness. Mushrooms and LSD do the latter.

Stop chasing happiness. Life is mostly desire and suffering. Learn to deal with it and improve the situation for the next lot.

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

>is what they want you to think.

I've been the tough guy for years, for my family, for my friends, you have to take care of yourself too. Do not forget that. You can't be there for others if you're suffering inside.

Shit man, that isn't "depression " that is growing up and facing the hardcore existential facts of life. But there are people who have gone through it and come out the other side and can help others do the same.

I would recommend reading Staring into the Sun.

Well I'm off to bed now. Thank you all for the advice. I think I'm actually going to try to get help hopefully soon.