Hi Sup Forums

Hi Sup Forums,

I'm writing an article about Sup Forums, as part of a series on misunderstood internet communities. I'm well aware of the anonymous nature of Sup Forums and am not looking for anyone's personal information but am interested in hearing why you come to Sup Forums. I'd also like to hear a bit about yourself - what you do, where you're from, how old you are. I understand the need for privacy and am not looking for names.

Pic semi-related, I'm not working for CNN or any part of the MSM.

kek

Sup Forums is gay

Lurk moar faggot

>been going on Sup Forums since 2007
>lurk moar
Hmmmm

If you lurk that much, why do you need our help? Seems like you should know your stuff already mate.

Because I'm one person. I can't speak for everyone who uses Sup Forums and why they use Sup Forums.

I'm a 21 year old, college educated male suffering from crippling boredom and a need to watch the world burn.

>"Sup Forums."

>been unemployed for years
>sit in my fam's home doing nothing all day
>too depressed to change that
>don't even know what I'm doing anymore
AMA

>been unemployed for years
>sit in my fam's home doing nothing all day
>too depressed to change that
>don't even know what I'm doing anymore
AMA

Same but only unemployed for 6 months.
Seriously just sit around and thing about killing myself all day.

Do'nt know what to do, havent had a fun time with a friend in a long time.

This literally just fills up my day in a very non satisfying way.
until I can sleep again

I work a regular white collar job in the insurance industry, have a wife and kids, and participate in my community. Ive been coming here since the beginning. It used to be more of a community focused around harnless jokes before it got widely publicized as the worst place on the internet. Now its still mainly about the humor but its taken on much more of a counter culture vibe as younger people see coming to Sup Forums as a way to rebel. Even so I think anonymous message boards like Sup Forums surve as an important sort of cultural preasure release for society by letting people voice oppinians and ask questions they are afraid or embarrassed to in real life. Its crase but no more so then a locker room. Anyway of real good luck with your story.

If you're actually claiming to be an old fag then you're...
A) pretending to be stupid to troll or start a thread
Or
B) actually stupid and lying because no regular here would expect serious responses from a post like this.

fuck everything, let it all burn

There is no way to verify responses.
Even if I received serious responses (which I actually have), there's no way of knowing if it's serious or a lie. So it's a moot point.

In case this is legit, I come here for the shitposts. The lazy bait and people bitching about politics gets old quick but there's still some weird and funny stuff sometimes, especially the greentexts. I'm 19 and I come from nowhereville in the midwest, so there's not much else to do.

>midwest
>19
Start an emo band?

This and
Sixx, sixx, sixx the number of the log.
Dreamy logs are going on tonight.
This can't go on I must inform the law
Can this still be real or some crazy dream
But I feel drawn towards the creamy logs
They seem to mesmerize me can't avoid his eyes
Sixx sixx sixx the number of the log.
Dreamy logs are going on tonight.

I'd post proof but don't want to be doxxed. It's for a student newspaper based in Melbourne - Farrago.

>to use Sup Forums
I sometimes use Sup Forums to hit my sister

I feel it man, even going out with friends don't help, i'm gonna melt the night away, peace.

Gay and fake

:::::::)

>Even if I received serious responses
>(which I actually have)
>there's no way of knowing if it's serious
hey everyone, look how stupid this chick is

hi mom pls screen cap me

yeah also cnn will probably mislead Sup Forums again, Also you thin kdon leamon and anderson cooper are doing it ??

>Why you come to Sup Forums
I've been coming here since 2004. The idea back then was that since it was an anonymous board then the posts were judged based on their content and not based on who posted them. Confer with communities like SomethingAwful, Gen[m]ay, or reddit where it doesn't matter what was said so much as who said it. Controversial issues could be discussed in the open and people could speak honestly about them. At least that was the idea back then (anons used to have a lot of threads about this in the early days, moot sometimes spoke up on it as well).

Note, that I come to Sup Forums and other boards on Sup Forums but they are not the same thing as Sup Forums or /r9k/.
>Sup Forums is a containment board for stormfront retards and alt-right racists.
>/r9k/ is a containment board for lonely NEETs who blame every other group in the world for their own problems.
Those two boards are the ones causing most of the Sup Forums related news these days and we hate them as much as we hate reddit and other communities.

>what you do
Mathematics research.

>where you're from
I was an illegal immigrant in the US for over 20 years but
I've lived all over North America.

>how old you are
Just under 30 years old.

I'm just here for the nudes

Here is a nice graph.
It explains the evolution of this website year by year.

Kek