youtube.com/watch?v=YfjTZLxekig
youtube.com/watch?v=UOJ5BnKv7QQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Z_ZkUROJ86Y
youtu.be/LMgZKAEM-Wc
youtube.com/watch?v=LrSxWlyGW-8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Nu metal
>Deftones

Would someone post a misheard lyrics thread?

Cut my life into pizzas
this is my plastic fork.

>Deftones
>Nu metal
what

>Cut my life into pizzas
>this is my plastic fork

But you didn't actually hear that

when they decide who the "Big 4" are.

Artist: Death Shits
Album: Bottomless Shit
Song: Bottomless Shit

Korn
Slipknot
Deftones
Linkin Park

no system of a down?

CHASED BY BONO!

disturbed is probably one of them

Hyped for Taproot getting the second wind recognition they deserve desu

commercial success:
>Korn
>Limp Bizkit
>Linkin Park
>Disturbed?

quality:
>Korn
>Deftones
>System of a Down
>Slipknot?

slipknot has to be in commercial success

Mudvayne's LD50 > other nu-metal

>tfw you will never befriend the designated class bullies by showing up to school in a Korn T-shirt again

Those were the days.

youtube.com/watch?v=7XRlp6RUJ60

Slipknot were massive, much bigger than Disturbed.
They were to the early to mid-2000s what Korn were to the mid to late 90s.

I am not saying that they weren't commercially successfull, but there are a bunch of nu-metal bands that sold a lot more records than them.

I remember because I was there too.
Provided that Korn, Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park were by far the 3 most successfull nu-metal acts ever, the 4th place is debatable... Disturbed's first few albums managed to sell shitload of copies too (The Sickness more than any Slipknot album)

Commercial success:
>Korn
>Limp Bizkit
>Linkin Park
>Disturbed

Quality:
>System of a Down
>System of a Down
>System of a Down
>Deftones

I hope it never does

Never. Death Grips is the logical conclusion.

Is SOAD really nu-metal? if so, they're definitely the best

its already here
youtube.com/watch?v=yMYS4F1l1i4
youtube.com/watch?v=qZ6zWgKl12Y
youtube.com/watch?v=GZJ8kHp8FNk

White Pony is better than anything SOAD have ever done

>quality:
>>Korn
Are you sure about that?

No they're just alt metal with rubin production
They're quite above "Nu"

SOAD definitely is Nu-Metal. It isn't a pejorative label in their case though, they did try and incorporate new elements to their music instead of sticking to the same Rap/Rock blend everyone else was doing at the time. Same goes for Deftones.

>mfw I realize Korn is the Nirvana of Nu Metal

Korn and Deftones most def.
Slipknot probably the third one.
Fourth one probably between Bizkit, LP and SOAD. I would say Bizkit, got everyone hyped at some moment.

It was a fun genre if you ask me, the first 3 bands had some interesting stuff/ideas at some point. Korn lost it despite actually moving on and Deftones are still great, but hardly numetal.

What are you talking about? Slipknot was probably the biggest poster-boy of nu metal. They were on everything. They, Limp Bizkit and Linking Park were the "big three" of the genre.

>Limp Bizkit has been nominated for three Grammy Awards, have sold 40 million records worldwide and won several other awards.

does anyone here actually know anyone who loved limp bizkit back then? they were one of the least popular nu-metal bands among the kids i was going to school with and hanging out with back then.
korn t-shirts, fear factory t-shirts, slipknot t-shirts, deftones t-shirts(as well as t-shirts by non-nu metal but still similarly angsty and aggro MTV metal bands like pantera and nine inch nails) were fucking everywhere back then, but i honestly have no recollection of limp bizkit being of any interest to any of us.

Hopefully soon, those were the best
youtube.com/watch?v=YfjTZLxekig

This guy is right actually

>does anyone here actually know anyone who loved limp bizkit back then?
I think it was last year, someone spread a rumor about LB playing on a gas station. A good amount of people went, despite being a hoax.

Yeah, people like em.

I thought Slipknot hit it big right after their 3rd album, which wasn't numetal.

Went to high school with some of the sworn in guys, don't really like the music but I'm hella happy for them and their success

slipknot were pretty big right from the first roadrunner album onwards, it was only that that particular album was primarily a grassroots success thanks to how much they toured more than anything else. they didn't have much MTV coverage at that point and whatnot.
iowa was the one that really made them huge both in terms of media attention and actual ground-level popularity

same thing happened with korn, the s/t and life is peachy sold shitloads entirely on the backs of how much they toured and how good they were at using the internet as a promotional tool(which was quite a novel idea at the time), but neither the radio nor TV gave a shit about them until follow the leader

>Linking Park

after the big beat revival im still waiting for

1995-1999 was a good time to be alive.

youtube.com/watch?v=UOJ5BnKv7QQ

suffocation no fappin don't give a fuck if a shit myself drinking!

Thanks for noticing my typo I guess.

everyone knows it's time for the electro swing revival!

I have irl friends who unironically think Limp Bizkit are good

I try not to spend too much time with them

Sure as fuck.
Korn basically invented the genre with their eponymous debut album. All the other bands followed.

The self-titled album and (to a lesser extent) Life Is Peachy are genuinely good albums. Innovative even.

Isn't system of a down working on a new album

>
> What are you talking about? Slipknot was probably the biggest poster-boy of nu metal

They were very prominent and talked about, also thank to their distinctive look and stage costumes, but, like I already said, they sold a lot less copies than other nu-metal bands of the era. That's a fact you can easily check.

> They, Limp Bizkit and Linking Park were the "big three" of the genre.

The "big 3" of nu-metal, in term of commercial success, are Korn, Limp Bizkit and Linking Park. There is not even contest.
Korn debuted 5 years earlier and sold stupid amounts of copies, especially with their first 4 albums.
>Korn 2x Platinum
>Life is Peachy 2x Platinum
>Follow the Leader 5x Platinum
>Issues 3x Platinum

let's see Slipknot instead:
>Slipknot 2x Platinum
>Iowa Platinum
>Vol. 3 Platinum
>All Hope is Gone Platinum

Bring Me The Horizon and Of Mice and Men are doing a nu metal sound.

Bands like Islander and My Ticket Home are new nu-metal bands.

Skindred, Nonpoint, 40 Below Summer, Limp Bizkit, Korn, are still doing nu metal.

Other than the bands I just named, most nu-metal bands that have come out recently are buttmetal.

Even Follow the Leader and Issues had their moments.

>40 point summer and hed pe still make music

The biggest acts of nu-metal (Slipknot, Korn, Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, Deftones) are still around touring and making music so I don't think that it needs a revival

Is your friend's name Piero, by any chance?

Easy: Korn, Slipknot, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park

youtube.com/watch?v=Z_ZkUROJ86Y

this fucking song

>that sound quality

Even fucking Coal Chamber is still around. They released a new album just 2 years ago.

Nah, they're gone. Dez probably wanted to focus on DevilDriver.

jesus christ. who still buys this shit? trailer trash?

Scaruffi likes Significant Other? Dayum.

is it good or bad
i can't tell because i have bad ears
sounds too compresed right

it sounds like 64kbps

If you want to listen to the song in high quality you have to buy the album

I would argue SOAD is a bigger "Top 4" than Deftones. Who the fuck in the mainstream has heard of Deftones?

Korn is a good time when drunk
I vote issues for nu nu metal
youtu.be/LMgZKAEM-Wc

Random thought but does anybody remember snot?
youtube.com/watch?v=LrSxWlyGW-8

All numetal is trash. Let it stay dead.