Why are rappers with street credibility better? Is it because the ghetto produces good artist...

Why are rappers with street credibility better? Is it because the ghetto produces good artist? Is it because of the authenticity?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/v--cEoXPoIg
youtu.be/eNhR1wX6XtY
biggcomputer.bandcamp.com/album/fuck-me-dog-e-a-story-in-two-parts
twitter.com/AnonBabble

just hungrier to make a hit really. all they got left in life.

there is literally no such correlation

kodak black, for example, is trash

It's probably because rap is about image and posturing, not actual skill or performance

>kodak black, for example, is trash
Pussy detected

Authenticity I think, yeah. Also you'll first start to accumulate a following of other poor ass ghetto kids that see that it's actually possible to get out of the depths of poverty and they idolize you.

When music is based on skill and performance you get uninteresting, masturbatory bullshit.

Delet dis

im proud terrorwave is becoming full circle

Imagine and posture yourself lying on some train tracks

that interview confirmed that he is retarded. Ok music tho

lookin like a black Lisa Simpson

You shouldn't even fucking be on this board if you think something being harder to perform automatically makes it better. Go listen to some wanky guitar solos my man, this isn't the place for you.

You're the only one using absolutes and shitting on anyone that's a capable performer. What instrument do you play?

I'm not shitting on capable performers, all I'm fucking saying is that as soon as skill or performance is what you base the quality of music on, you're a fucking retard. Song writing skill matters, yes. The ability to perform something technically challenging isn't relevant when we're talking about artistic merit.

I genuinely think it was autism, especially after the shower incident
youtu.be/v--cEoXPoIg

Skill and performance with minimal substance can be a lot more interesting than image and posturing with minimal substance, is the point you were responding to.

Also the opposite of that statement can be true. It really just depends on what specifically we're talking about.

I'd personally take a crazy street performer doing cool drum tricks over some actor that can't even rap almost every time.

I'd take someone pouring out their heart and soul over watching some guy play guitar as fast as he can.

This

Tunnel Vision is the only good Kodak song. Other than that I can't stand listening or looking at him.

That's one of his worst songs tbqhwyf
youtu.be/eNhR1wX6XtY

You have a perverted mind wanting to see people suffer for your entertainment.

Who said anything about suffering?

Why would someone want to pour their heart and soul out?

Because they're passionate about the subject matter dork

I think it may have to do with rappers that are not from this particular type of lifestyle that feel like they have to portray themselves in one way or another to fit into it some way. So authenticity as said before.

I imagine it's rather difficult to go against the norm in this manner. As far as I can tell you'd pretty much have to start mixing genres which we've all been seeing crop up a lot more lately with something like lil peep which comes to mind. I guess suicide boys would be another example.

It's happened before, from what I can think of, would be around the late 90s with something like korn or limp bisket but still. or also stuff like anthrax, run dmc doing a song with acdc, etc which I think was around early 90s maybe late 80s.

I think this is why more experimental sounding rappers are starting to actually be heard now in comparison to the past where it seemed to be completely unacceptable for an upcoming artist to try a new formula, thinking of which seemed to be the case mostly in the 90s, early 2000s.

Anyone can pretty much tell straight away that someone isn't about what they're talking about and there's people out there getting sick of hearing about the same topics over and over again (drugs, money, etc.) esp. from someone that isn't actually from that lifestyle. It's been ironic lately but I can only imagine that it can only last for so long.

So I could be wrong but I think experimental underground shit is really going to be a bigger thing.

Just my thoughts.

Alot of normies love shit like XXX because he tries many different things despite the fact that he is an okay rapper at best.

wtf is he like 13 or just short.

Those aren't the only two options you fucking fag

reminder that if you like rap you need to leave this board

omg shes actually really hawt. who is she?

Was it autism?

This sums up why kendrick and j cole suck.
But it doesnt apply to instrumentalists just rappers really.

Go to the notice thread please.

Normie thread, Go there.

Have a (you)/bump for lil Kodak

Lil Juice #1 in the streets

biggcomputer.bandcamp.com/album/fuck-me-dog-e-a-story-in-two-parts

People with interesting lives produce more interesting music. As someone who grew up in the hood, rappers whose subject matter are drugs and violence are completely uninteresting to me.

I can see why a suburbanite, sheltered, milquetoast white kid would be compelled towards that kind of music though.

its cause they like big black cock right?

t. virgin

Most of the mumble rappers are from the hood and sound straight fucking retarded in interviews. I don't think you need street credibility to sound better.

Shit, Nas' Illmatic is regarded as one of the greatest albums of all time, and most will tell you that Jungle, Nas' brother, was the one in the streets.

They represent everything white angsty teenagers lack.

Strong personal identity, indomitable will, a purpose in life (overcoming poverty/violence/hostile environment/ oppressive authority).

White people generally don't have much struggle in their life past vapid pursuits and relationship drama, which is why most of their music lacks the bravado that they can feign when they listen to colored folk music.

Its literally the opposite, what I have noticed is the "realest" someone is the harder for him to stay on beat and rhyme

This is true. The most prominent rappers are generally nerds who grew up around hood shit but didn't partake themselves (Ice Cube, Nas, Kanye, Eminem, Kendrick etc).

Cube too. I wouldn't call them nerds, but they were clearly trying to avoid needless confrontations, but still knew enough people who WERE living that life to give opinions on it.

Cube made Friday because he wanted people to realize that the hood wasn't always some *DOOT DOOT DOOT* bullshit.

>which is why most of their music lacks the bravado that they can feign when they listen to colored folk music.
Explain metal then

>this is what rich white cucks think the ghetto is like

b/c adversity breeds success. people who live complacent lives have nothing to strive for... except post on tumblr how what you said anonymously was offensive

They had no connections, only skill, and made it big in spite of everything.

You know what I hate is those shitty faggot jews that start up rap careers with their fucking bar mitzvah money and only make it in because they're jews. Like lil dicky, drake (he got into tv first though but it still applies) and mac miller. They're all fucking garbage.

He came from the ghetto, wtf are you talking about? Have you seen the documentary about where he grew up? Literally looks like a third world country.

Who said it was you fucking imbecile

Its because people see the grille, the ugly face, the trashy tattoos, and they say "Thats whats in right now." Really it started with frequent drug abuse and bad taste. Like how a dry field catches fire and burns down a whole forest. Some hoodrat was playing with his daddies flare gun.

Honestly when the fuck did so many out of touch fedora touting cucks pour in here

Yeah nice taste bud