Best plot

>best plot
>best pacing
>best action scenes
>best settings
>briefly but effectively addressed how the Federation emerged from a more militaristic Earth
>genuinely cool use of music as a weapon in a space battle, even if it's still fantasy bullshit
>introduction of Enterprise A at the end
>actually useful and interesting qt alien waifu
>that TNG call-out at the end
So we can all unironically agree that Beyond was easily the best of the three new Star Trek movies, right?

Why the fuck is JJ so terrible?

Also it was amusing seeing Jeff Bezos' name in the credits at the end.

yep. best blockbuster i've seen in the last few years

>Least profit

It's pretty high up there, for sure.

Yeah it's unfortunate that it's the least popular. Fuck normalfags.

I liked all the movies but Beyond definitely feels closer to TOS, loved that scene with the Beastie Boys.

Right? And the surfing motif actually worked.

>best motorcycle in star trek

after the first boarding section the movie really picked up and felt like an adventure through their series we are not actually watching while being campy and mainstream without being completely insulting

was good

Indeed, it was a good balance.

I thought Shatner had an actual cameo in the movie besides just being in that picture in the end, did I miss something?

>did I miss something?
No.

If he was supposed to have a cameo, I never heard about it.

The minigun sequence felt out of place but was still awesome.

>The scene where Kirk tells the big bad "All lives matter"

How did he get away with that

The original draft written by Robert Orci (of the infamous Alex Kurtzman & Robert Orci duo that gave us hit films such as Star Trek Into Darkness and The Amazing Spider-Man 2) called for Shatner to come back so he could have a scene with Pine but Simon Pegg just thought that was stupid fucking idea.

Guess which one of them is the actual Star Trek fan.

What did he mean by this?

>Why the fuck is JJ so terrible?

He and Justin Lin are both capable directors but they can only work with the screenplays they have.

I don't remember that for some reason.

kek

Based Pegg. It definitely seems like he had a positive influence on the script.

Abrams is a guy with good ideas and he can direct an inoffensive movie...

But Star Wars and his Trek movies just feel so empty and soulless. They weren't bad, per se but they were more like a fanfiction than anything else

I fucking hated this film.

I absolutely could not stand the constant need to explain to the audience what is happening, what is going wrong, what thermal transbobulators need to quantumify the garglature needs to be done, and then the moment that problem is overcome, THE NEXT ONE APPEARS and repeat. Then they defeat the large-scale attack force with the power of rock, and then Elba and Pine get in a zero gravity bitch fight and it ends

God I couldn't wait for the fucking terrible movie to end

And I love Star Trek and found this unbearable

I can understand why people would feel that way but honestly I found the prequels more fanfiction than TFA.

I really hated the heavy reliance on lightsabers, the constant name-dropping and how they made Vader be this ultimate CHOSEN ONE purely because he became so iconic from the OT.

For me, TFA felt way more constrained by comparison and gave us to new characters I actually did care about.

Rey's trip to that ocean planet to find Luke felt way more grand and mysterious than literally every planet I saw in the PT.

There were definitely a couple technobabble explanation moments, but surprisingly it didn't bother me, as that kind of shit usually does. I just felt like it was handled organically

>but they were more like a fanfiction than anything else

This is a meme argument with no substance. You can't say anything bad about TFA or JJTrek so you just come up with unfalsifiable bullshit

It's because JJ prioritized telling a story and establishing characters over CGI density

It was a mindless action movie. Literally identical to every summer action explosions bang bang you're dead that get made every year. It was a huge waste of time; I wouldn't even bother putting this trash in some kind of hierarchy.

I preferred the 2009 one, but not by a huge amount.
Think I rated them 8/10, 6/10 and 7/10, respectively.

What was the TNG callout at the end? Went over my head.

Zoe Saldana is so beautiful

>What was the TNG callout at the end?
Just the monologue as Enterprise A came together.

I don't get how that's a TNG callout. You know Kirk gives that speech at the beginning of every episode of TOS, yeah?

>music as weapon
Hello Mars attacks

It's slightly different, in that they say "continuing mission" instead of "five year mission".

You can call me autistic, and it will be true.

>pacing

Literally only plebs care about this

No, that's cool, I guess I can see that.
They also obviously do the "no one" rather than "no man".

I don't think either of those were intended as throwbacks to TNG, though, so much as just reciting the declaration as it currently stands.

>best plot
Out of fucking nowhere we must go on a rescue mission, oh no we get attacked who would have guessed, oh no they're going to attack the exact place we came from out of everywhere in the universe, oh boy that alien was actually a human because that makes sense
>best pacing
EXPLOSIONS CHASES QUIPS MOTORBIKES MORE EXPLOSIONS
>best action scenes
EXPLOSIONS CHASES QUIPS MOTORBIKES MORE EXPLOSIONS
>best settings
Generic cuurrrazy alien world
>briefly but effectively addressed how the Federation emerged from a more militaristic Earth
Briefly because the rest of the movie was ADD CGI garbage
>genuinely cool use of music as a weapon in a space battle, even if it's still fantasy bullshit
Pandering to 15 year olds
>introduction of Enterprise A at the end
Who fucking cares at that point?
>actually useful and interesting qt alien waifu
muh girl power master of engineering, combat and everything else mary sue
>that TNG call-out at the end
Who fucking cares at that point?

is there a rip of this out yet

camrip

>Pandering to 15 year olds
You're giving 25- and 35-year-olds more credit than they deserve.

Also, it's cute that you think the Beastie Boys would be used to pander to today's 15-year-olds.

Seriously the plot was really bad though.

Why wouldn't the swarm use frequency jumping to prevent jamming? Like, our technology does that now, and it doesn't exist in the future? Guess they need an excuse to play some cool music or whatever

>>genuinely cool use of music as a weapon in a space battle, even if it's still fantasy bullshit

gr8 b8

>people on Sup Forums defending a JJ Abrams
Well this is strange to see

it was nice but the villain was shit tier. why can't they come up with good villains anymore

Are you all retarded? This film was absolute dog shit.
Boring and generic. There's absolutely no point in being emotionally invested because they never follow through.
>OH NO KIRK'S DEAD
No he's not
>OH NO THE ENTERPRISE HAS BEEN DESTROYED
It will be rebuilt
>OH NO THE VILLAIN IS GONNA WIN AND KILL EVERYONE
really...
>OH NO THE WHOLE CITY IS GONNA BE DESTROYED
no it won't

>So we can all unironically agree that Beyond was easily the best of the three new Star Trek movies, right?
yes. but the bar was not exactly high

you've been fed so much piss and shit that you've become happy when it's just shit.

wrong jj

Because most normies don't even know that EW exists.

Why?

>you've been fed so much piss and shit that you've become happy when it's just shit.
Basically, yes, but at least this shit had a whole bunch of chocolate syrup on it.

Nice bait faggot

This movie is total shit.

>Why the fuck is JJ so terrible?
He isn't so much terrible as being someone who always dreamt of making rides for Disneyland until he was told that it's a stupid dream, so he decided to make movies instead.

I mean I hate the guy with a passion, but seriously, he could probably make some pretty awesome rides.

>Random dirt bike
>Better than based Zündapp KS750
I mean it's nice and all, but can you use it to go cross country, taking turns with your buddy without blistering your ass?
I think not!

Friendly reminder that Dukat did nothing wrong.

it had a plot ?

did we even watched the same movie ?

didn't see any star trek stuff before, but if this last turd was gold by your standard, I guess it's not worth to watch all of this shit

>being someone who always dreamt of making rides for Disneyland until he was told that it's a stupid dream, so he decided to make movies instead.

Jesus...it all makes sense now

How in the fuck they deduced that the nigger was Kraal?

Jayla deserved to be in a better franchise

Uhura, the communications expert, heard his voice in the recording that was playing and recognized it sounded just like Krall's, there was an entire scene devoted to this but somehow you missed it

why did it have such a shitty trailer?

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

What was wrong with Into Darkness? I mean sure it was a pale imitation of Wrath of Khan but it was a decent film on its own, and had a much more coherent story than the first nuTrek movie.

LE GREEN TEXT BLANKET STATEMENTS MAYMAY EBIN OPINION !!!

so is there a decent torrent of this yet? I can't beat the no singles policy.

So why didn't all that many people go see it. Big budget, good reviews, based Idris Elba...

Even Anton Yelchin's death didn't make people want to go see it.

Why? I don't get it.

i didn't think it was advertised as much desu. i totally forgot the movie was already out, then i decided to go watch it