Pink Floyd Know it all

I am seeking to be the wisest of Pink Floyd, but I have a long and wearisome journey before me. You must Quiz me about Pink Floyd and I must answer it alone or if not just check on the internet it will increase my knowledge. I am not fucking around. I want to be the very best right under them.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zXUa_oWiE6Q
youtube.com/watch?v=v3hHtWL34r4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Tell me the few Pink Floyd albums that never got released

Which one's Pink?

At which concert did Waters infamously spit on a fan trying to climb up the stage?

more like Richard "Wrong" amirite

what is their best album?

In the flesh tour concert up in Quebec, it made him spiral down to isolation and ultimately made the wall. If Im correct it was in '77

Their best seller is DSOTM but it all comes down to personnal opinion.

Something like household objects? Never heard a damn song from it actually I learned that when two music teachers were talking about it and I overheard it.

Funny shit is that no pink floyd member even sang that song, its actually a guy named roy harper. Never looked into it so Imma guess that its that black jazz player because they took the name pink floyd from him and another black jazz player.

K how about we trade knowledge. Which song originally was just 14 parts all named "nothing"

What was the name of the club in London where Pink Floyd and other to be famous bands played?
Also
Where does the name Pink Floyd comes from?

Echoes

>What was the name of the club in London where Pink Floyd and other to be famous bands played?
The Marquee Club
>Where does the name Pink Floyd comes from?
Impromptu name chosen by Syd, an amalgamation of the names of his two favourite blues artists.

Pink Floyd played in like underground places and shit like the beatles did for a lil while. But you got me there, dont know. Pink floyd the name, though, comes from Two black jazz players one is like Pink Anderssen or Anderson and the other is Floyd Council.

yes, also the more underground UFO club

Yyyyyeeeeet.
What is the song that has the lines "Bridges burning gladly merging with the shadows."?

Someone stop answering it's confusing desu

Heres one for you. What was Pink Floyds Original temporary name. Before Pink floyd, they chose one. Hell the name is still very popular because it was taken a few decades later but a bit altered in plural to singular.

Why is Richard Wright so underrated? The guy was so essential in all their different eras and also wrote some of their best tracks

youtube.com/watch?v=zXUa_oWiE6Q

73672260 is OP, so is this. Who gives a shit lets make it for everybody.

I am actually outraged about how he was underrated he was so essential to making the songs and giving the tones.

what was the first ""electronic"" song

Well imma guess Astronomy Domine or if you meant fully fully electronic Id say Welcome to The machine.

why did Sid Barret went mad?

A mix of lsd and several mental illnesses like schizophrenia which led to paranoia, agressivity and much more.

Burning Bridges I'd have to assume.

Who replaced Richard Wright on the keys during The Wall recording sessions?

Correct.

Hm. Nope you got me tell me who.

>jazz
Wrong, they were bluesmen.

why would they chose the name Echoes when Son of Nothing and Return of the Son of Nothing are much better names?

Fuck. Well two black blues guys I only learned it in a documentary I saw once.

Why would they do a concert in the middle of pompeii? shouldn't they have known nobody lives in pompeii anymore?

Well they say echoes are like us humans communicating. Dont tell me why in the fuck is it related to an echo, but you know. The song is about how we are all the same, yet, we always ignore each other.

Rhetorical?

Might also have something to do with how they changed up the theme of the song. I once read that earlier versions of the lyrics were about two planets colliding in space, but that was changed because the band was worried about how the media had been labeling them as 'space rock' and thought this song might help to perpetuate that. This is only speculation though.

Yeah I heard that they were in this space theme for a while.

After I posted that, I realized/remembered that he was rehired as a session musician, so that question is rendered void. Sorry about that.

Though because he was on as a session musician during the tour, he was the only one of them to turn a profit, so there's an interesting fact for you.

Thanks for the clarification.

what songs has Nick Mason provided vocals for?

Corporal Clegg, I heard that he got another one in but never knew which.

Octopus's Garden

One Of These Days.
Really? I've never heard about that before.

also this
youtube.com/watch?v=v3hHtWL34r4

Dude Corporal Clegg is amazing. Definetly me favourite from ASOS

Thanks. I am feeling smarter by the question

what movies have Roger Waters been in?
Alternatively, How did Pink Floyd manage to get Bob Geldof to star in The Wall?

Yeah, I've heard it, one of my favourites too. I meant that I never heard anything about Mason doing vocals for it.

he did the interjectory bits between verses. i.e. " in orange and in blue", "from her majesty the queen"

I see. Thanks.

syd was trying to get into that illumaniti group right but was denyed because of his age? the guy who designed the albums covers got in though

after that he became depressed and overdosed on LSD

Well. What I could say for sure is that Waters is in his fuckin Wall Movie. And for Bob Geldoff you got me...

Yeah he says lines in between the description of Clegg, like he sang "From her majesty the queen" and shit

>During this summer Barrett had his first LSD trip in the garden of friend Dave Gale,[39][40] with Ian Moore and Storm Thorgerson.[nb 3][39] During one trip, Barrett and another friend, Paul Charrier, ended up naked in the bath, reciting: "No rules, no rules".[41] That summer, as a consequence of the continuation of drug use, the band became absorbed in Sant Mat, a Sikh sect. Storm Thorgerson (then living on Earlham Street) and Barrett went to a London hotel to meet the sect's guru; Thorgerson managed to join the sect, while Barrett, however, was deemed too young to join. Thorgerson perceives this as a deeply important event in Barrett's life, as he was intensely upset by the rejection.

What was the context of "Wish you were here" i knew there was some but i never knew what it was?

Bob Geldof told his agent in a cab that he didn't want to be in the movie because he hated Pink Floyd's music. the driver of the cab was Roger Waters' brother. after finding out Geldof basically guilted himself into the role

It was made for Syd Barrett to commemorate him and such. But, it has some other parts like have a cigar that describe and aspiring rockstar and like in welcome to the machine he realises the music industry is just a big money making machine. Still, referring a bit to Barrett. Shine on you crazy diamond both 1-9 are for Syd Barrett only.

Haha get fucked Bob Geldof.

what famous musicians wife was afraid of Roger Water and by extension Pink Floyd?

Follow up, there is small clip from what i assume is a tv show or something at the start of the track...what is that?

it's random flipping through radio stations. they recorded that in David Gilmours car. a bit of Tchaikovsky's 4th symphony is in there

Its not the focus on the tv show, its about making an image of a wrecked man, bored, watching tv. And deciding to do something. Because you also hear him grunt and clear his throat, before reaching a guitar.

you just watch the elders react to floyd, kiddo?