Been battling with depression for 4 years now, had a few girlfriends inbetween...

Been battling with depression for 4 years now, had a few girlfriends inbetween, one lasted a year and 2 days before i found out she was cheating on me, left her that day.
Fucked a few tinder girls and friends since, turned down a few girls for relationships and dates since, too insecure to let myself get hurt like that again.
In 2 days it will be one year since i left her. Its been getting rough.
Last night i swore she was in my bed, trying to wake me up to show me something on her phone, i could feel her shaking me and i could hear her voice perfectly, so i woke up, rolled over to see what she was trying to show me, only to realize i was alone...
I'm not suicidal but I'm pretty fucking melancholic. Has anyone had anything good happen to them recently? Could do with some optimisim.

well I woke up this morning so I got that going for me I guess.

sounds like you just need to get over her user.
easier said than done i know.

best way to do it is to make yourself vulnerable again and let people in your life.

it may lead to another heartbreak, but it may also lead somewhere much better.

take the risk user

I've been out of a 7 year terrible relationship for about a year now. Went through anger depression the whole 9. About 6 months ago gave up feeling down on my self. Worked harder at work. Started acting on things ive always wanted to do. Quit smoking so much weed. 3 months ago I randomly reconnected with a girl from college. Been together a month now. THings are finally looking up. If I hadn't have gone through hell, would I have what I have now?

Yeah m8, i feel you this month a year ago i broke up with my longest relationship... Had another a couple of months ago but I broke up cuz incompatibility and stuff... Still have some flasbacks now and then despite my best efforts to forget

Fuck, I'm just waiting for the good things now

Women come and go Christ. Go get a hobby, job you love, live your life. There are so many things to be depressed about. Some chick is the last thing. Go fishing pretend and your Jesus.

Sorry to hear that user. I recently began interning at a local studio to become an audio engineer. I'm very passionate about music and knowing that I'll be able to make money through creating music and helping artists make their dreams come true is really cool. You should try to focus your time and energy into the stuff you love, as I feel the same way sometimes but since I started making some positive changes in life, things are looking up a bit.

why exactly are you sad though? You cut a cheater out of your life, that's a good thing.

Samefag, talk about depressed. I'm taking a shit look over and no TP. Fuck you!

Op here, surprisingly life has been going better for me since i left her, joined the gym, lost 10kg, started hanging with more women, more women were vying for me (i was even almost raped by a "friend" because i said i didnt want to fuck her).
Got a full time job i love and i thoroughly enjoy my coworkers company, i have mu h more money, savings, I've been buying nicer things like new clothes, furniture, a 65" tv, computer parts, all in all i should be fucking ecstatic, but im so greedy that its not enough, i just want someone to love me like she did. Or at least thr way i thought she did.

< i was even almost raped by a "friend" because i said i didnt want to fuck her

Fuck you

I don't have terribly much going for me. I got my hands on a car I actually enjoy finally, so I've got that going for me.

it'll happen. It happened for me when I finally stopped trying to force it to happen

Thats fantastic user, i really hppe it pans out for you.
Because im insecure, self depreciating and have mommy issues, im the most popular out of my friends and have been referred to as the alpha male, but its all just a mask to hide my inner child.

Well, OP. I suggest you just get back with her. If you can't get her out of your head after this long then it's too late, she's got you under her foot and honestly it's where you belong. Go beg her to take you back. Live for her.

No i mean it, she pinned me down, riched down my jeans and pulled my cock out, she kept saying "oh you must want it, you're hard" and i had to forcefully shove her off, it was quite traumatic and no one irl knows.

What model and was it a good deal? Is it in good condition?

>being this cucked

Yeah, I'm just trying now to fill myself with projects to do, music to listen to and just trying to take any opportunity I get

It's one of the Signature Edition Monte Carlos, supercharged with under 100k on the clock.
It was a very bad decision, and an impulse buy but dammit I love these things and I needed something like it in my life

if being cucked makes one happy then fuck it, go for it.

I hope you can afford to get in operating and on the road.

This is not depression you pathetic little rat

The best way to get over someone you love is to get under someone you don't so much.

No thankyou, hence why i left. Were currently 1900kms appart.

this is probably the worst advice on Sup Forums

You cant fix a hole with a hole.

Oh it's already running lol. Much nicer to drive than the car it's replacing

if that's true, then why do you still long for her?

You're right, it's not depression, I'm depressed and this is happening also, currently amplifying it.

Whats it replacing?
Because im retarded and have horrible decision making.

well prove you're not a cuck and stop that.

Well op... all women will stoop that low some time in their lives and they will justify it with some emotion they were feeling but they have no consideration for us. I had the priveledge of seeing who my girl really was after we broke up and it helped alot. We broke up over compatibility issues and the fact that she wanted me to move away. I was heart broken. She still wanted to be friends. tried to get her back. She told me we will take it slow and see. She was dating other dudes. We agreed we should see whats out there. I didnt date. Few encounters with women. She gets extremely jealous and acts like the victim. She eventually says no it will never happen. Whores out. I work on myself. New apartment. New friends. Life is great. We talk again. She has slept with 10+ dudes in a matter of months. Dudes she thinks are hot and good in the sack. She sees now they just want her for sex and not a relationship. Shes brought back down to earth and sees i was the best she could have got. Asks for me back. No. Shes depressed and cries to me about what her future looks like and how no one will love her constantly. Still friends. Not heartbroken at all. We go out from time to time. I dont trust women. I dont do relationships. Never have kids. Never get married. Keep your friends close and all will be ok.

in similar position op, dated a girl for 2 years, ended it before i started college. life's great, new gf is great, but still depressed and miss her.

i think just managing the feeling and having positive goals helps. i don't think the melancholic feeling will ever go away, but it can be alleviated.