Small, weird details about your cunt/region

>Balkanites don't eat sliced bread

>they call sliced bread 'toast'

>they get their bread from the bakery (where usually albanians work)

>bakeries also sell pasty meals that are eaten on the go (like burek or buhtla, or even crappy "pizza" slices) and balkanites will rather grab something quick from the bakery than from a fast food joint like McD's or BK

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y_Wladfa
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why would you buy sliced bread if you aren't toasting it?
Sliced bread is much drier and crumblier than regular bread, nobody would eat it if we weren't too lazy to make boaster sized slices.

stabilizers are added to sliced bread to prevent it from drying out

And its still fucking dry. If I buy regular bread, I can crush it into a ball of clay. It doesn't break into crumbs.

Here, milk usually sold is only pasteurized, and not treated to extreme heat (like in Western countries) so it usually lasts only a few days before it gets spoiled (if refrigerated) and usually has to be consumed the day it was bought.

no it isnt'

>If I buy regular bread, I can crush it into a ball of clay

well, people outside of Bulgaria usually EAT the bread, maybe with a spread or use it for a sandwich

I guess crushing bread into a ball hasn't occured to other cunts

milk lasts only a few days before it gets spoiled everywhere though

Good climate but our food is utter crap, like only 3 foods here are good
And our wine is shit

I'm talking about my region, not the whole country btw

Wait. Don't muricans get those large plastic things full of milk and just keep them in their refrigerator for a while?

>they call sliced bread 'toast'
Same here, if sliced bread only means white bread, aka Ameribread
>they get their bread from the bakery
Nigga how is this weird, are you a burger on vacation?
>rather grab something quick from the bakery than from a fast food joint like McD's or BK
And what's wrong with this? Not everyone likes to eat shit for $1 a piece

I know that USA milk isn't sold in the EU because they put some shit into it for more storage life.
But milk here is 4-5 days in the fridge at most, less if you open it.

>Not everyone likes to eat shit for $1 a piece
well why would they go to the bakery then?

>they get their bread from the bakery
>Nigga how is this weird
well then why don't you go to the liquor store for beer, to the butcher for meat, to the well for water, to the village witchdoctor for meds?
there are things called 'stores/supermarkets' that sell everything.

>Nigga how is this weird, are you a burger on vacation?
are you an albo on welfare :DDD

>not getting fresh meat from the butcher
>not getting brand alcohol from the liqueur&tobacco store
>not getting water from the free communal mineral water fountain
>not getting delicious bread from the bakery where the smell is so good you can't help but get hungry just walking past it

Burek shops are separate from bakeries here. You can get burek in bakeries, but it's not nearly as good (and bad for you).

why should you, since all of it is sold in the store?

>brand alcohol from the liqueur&tobacco store
like, what, does bulgaria have generic shit low quality alcohol in stores?

>water from the free communal mineral water fountain
hope this is a meme, but I know of villages in Slovenia that have this

>delicious bread from the bakery where the smell is so good you can't help but get hungry just walking past it
have fun getting aids from albo-made bread

>On neironično jé burek

Croatia is Balkan though.

samo picinega desu

>Free communal mineral water service
This is common in Switzerland and Italy.

Ajajajaj, upam, da Bošnjaki vidijo.

In Finland university students wear picture related coveralls you wear them in student parties and events. Colour differs what you are studying and which city. You get them on the first year and sew them full of patches what you get from parties, student events etc. Also there are ads on them and companies pays money to student associations.

samefag

and is it common in Prekmurje?

>Burek shops are separate from bakeries here
that doesn't seem profitable at all, do you mean places that sell all sorts of questionable balkan food like kebabs and burgers aswell?

>but it's not nearly as good (and bad for you).
agreed that it's not good

>sew them full of patches what you get from parties, student events etc
>finland
so students usually have no patches then, huh?

golden horde dot jay peg

wait, mountain jews eat that kind of burek?

you do know that that's the serv variant, and that the rolled one is the bosniak version?

also, do you call bureks with cheese bureks or sirnica?

I read that you call them Balkanites if they grow downwards from the ceiling and Stalagmites otherwise. #themoreyouknow

>Samefag
No.

>But is it common in Prekmurje?
No idea, I am not from there.

>do you mean places that sell all sorts of questionable balkan food like kebabs and burgers aswell?

that depends...LJ's oldest and most popular place is burek only, but most sell kebab as well (limited to beef or chicken, without the choice of delicious tripe kebab like they have in Turkey).

>and is it common in Prekmurje?

dunno, never been, but mineral springs are quite common in eastern Slovenia

We eat both kinds of burek, depending on the shop. We definitely don't call burek sirnica because the dish was entirely unknown in Slovenia before the 1970s.

>limited to beef or chicken
mashallah

>LJ's oldest and most popular place is burek only
how much does a burek cost in ZLO(xDDD)venia?
here it costs around 1.50 Eur for a large one from the bakery

hmmm will I get burek or burek from "Burek olimpija"

>We definitely don't call burek sirnica because the dish was entirely unknown in Slovenia before the 1970s.
really impressive that balijas didn't export their only pastry to slovenia during the first 20-ish years of yugoslavia

burek from a burek shop is 2.20€, but burek from a bakery is about 1.80€, if you can stomach dry burek that was most likely made by a Slovenian frozen food company.

Pic related is a huge thing over here, it's called "té galés"... Basically a heavy tea time that lasts like 2 or 3 hours.

We point at things with our mouth

Nice pic

like putting your mouth as you're giving a kiss?

filipinos do that

>2.20€

HOLY SHIT that reminded me that this is the average hourly wage for students in croatia

so an average croat 20-something is paid 1 dry smelly bosniak burek per hour

though, I'm guessing that the 0.40 eur difference isn't that noticable

>Boston

>We call it 'bean town' or just fucking Boston whatever

>The people can be ultra-annoying or aggressive but it's 99% of the time funny. You get used to this quickly but at first it might piss you off and think people are trying to insult you.
For example I was on the train recently and was with my wife and she had an iced coffee with her. When the train guy came by to get our fare for the trip he was like, "Ohh sorry ma'am you can't drink that here"
"Uhh, whyyy?? I just bought this"
"You can't drink non-water beverages on public transportation anymore, new rule. They're trying to clean up the place."
"Are you sure? Can't I just keep it"
"Nope, I could lose my job sorry I need to take it"
My wife looked fucking pissed off and started to hand it to him
"Bwahahaha nonono I'm joking I'm joking haha no it's ok! Yeah whew it got real serious there didn't it? Haha yeah ok guys have a fun trip"

He knocked off $2 for the trip.

>most of us are hardcore Irish ancestry. The PM of Ireland visits Boston occasionally.

>fighty and strangely extremely smart town as we have Harvard and MIT and more

>I heard this insult last week "fack off ya cockdiddla why don't ya suck a faht outta my ahss"

100% of all fast food shops in Slovenia that are not American or newly fledged microburgeries are owned by Albanians.

The minimum student wage here has been recently set to 4.50€ tho.

>bakeries also sell pasty meals that are eaten on the go (like burek or buhtla, or even crappy "pizza" slices) and balkanites will rather grab something quick from the bakery than from a fast food joint like McD's or BK

Sounds like Northern England desu, we love a greggs up here

Yep, like that

How come they also do that on the other side of the world?

Sorry.

>fighty and strangely extremely smart town as we have Harvard and MIT and more

though, most bostonians probably can't spell anything but 'potato famine'. Harvard and MIT students come from all over the country and the world

>100% of all fast food shops in Slovenia that are not American or newly fledged microburgeries are owned by Albanians.
same
but I really don't think that those are sanitary or if they even wash their hands after picking their albo anus

>The minimum student wage here has been recently set to 4.50€ tho.
that's how much the most skilled student workers earn around here.

there was some shite law recently that taxed parents who's student kids earned more than 1750 Euro per year kek

>greggs

the bakeries here aren't some chain bakeries.
they're obscure albo owned bakeries with questionable hygene and food safety standards

looks like tea time in the UK, but a bit longer

balkanites also do this, but they go to the cafe and drink coffee for 3-4 hours, even though it's working hours

I don't know I think it's pretty funny tho

That red thing on the middle looks tasty

>looks like tea time in the UK, but a bit longer

Pretty much... Here you can go to "tea houses" and sit in long tables with people you don't know sharing the tea time all together.

That brown thing in the back looks tasty

>tea houses
"A tearoom or tea shop is a small restaurant where beverages and light meals are served, usually having a sedate or subdued atmosphere. Establishments like this in various countries around the world can be grouped together as teahouses."

I mean, they're common elsewhere, but it seems odd that this is just a thing in Argentina

did you get it from the brits while they were taking their clay back?

No.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y_Wladfa

>bakery burek shit
In Ljubljana maybe.. In my city there's burek only in bakery and it's pretty good. And I saw the guy make it so it's not some frozen shit

>le curent year
>his country still falls for the pasteurization meem

>But milk here is 4-5 days in the fridge at most, less if you open it.
Really? Here we only have that with fresh milk, most of our milk lasts weeks unopened.