Jay-Z 4:44

Who's listening right now Sup Forums?
Overall impressions thread

Other urls found in this thread:

mp3music.ru/jay-z/444
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

His best work since the blueprint. I expected hot garbage and instead I got this. Strong 8 desu.

It was alright. ID did a decent job but nothing I would come back to.

And let's ALL be honest, he's released good stuff but he's never gonna touch RD again.

6/10 roughly.

not bad but the attempted diss at the new school rappers was half assed. You gotta go all or nothing with that.

Somewhere in-between these two opinions

Thought it was just ok, wasn't anything glaringly bad. Just classic Jay.
But couldn't see myself coming back to more than one or two tracks.
Overall a 6.5-7/10

who the fuck buys music from Tidal. how stupid is this fucking guy?

I was listening to the blue print earlier, I have this dl'd, might listen to it later. I have a couple albums lined up, mellow waves and that shilled hip hop album need a second listen

After manga carta holy grail I have absolutely zero desire to listen to jay z again

That album even made me dislike his earlier stuff somehow

I did acid a few months back and unfortunately a lot of artists I wanted to listen to started with j so every now and then a terrible jay z song from that album would pop on and I kind of grew to hate the hell out of his voice

what would you say to someone if you really wanted to convince them to listen to this album?

Stream it on bootleg websites you god damn dip.

mp3music.ru/jay-z/444

lmao he fell for the meme, MCHG was good

I'd probably say "Hating one album from an artist is a shitty excuse to not like or listen to his others."

That's like listening to Pinups or Never Let Me Down by David Bowie and saying he's a hack and you hate his other albums.

The sole fact that Tidal still exists shows you fucking stupid he is.

no, I dont steal shit.

The uh beats uh were uh kinda good uh I suppose but uh they can only uh carry uh shitty fuckin rapping uh so far you uh know?

Torrent the FLAC on TPB because no one has fucking tidal and give it a listen. It's honestly not that bad, it's slightly above par if that helps. I'd say it's worth one listen.

I don't really understand how it happened to be honest, it wasn't an overnight thing. I grew up listening to Jay Z and loved most songs on all of his albums up to that, even ones I've seen people shit on harshly like American Gangster, but that
I don't know man it was so bad it made me hypercritical of his past stuff

I can't even remember the last time I willingly listened to Iay Z when he wasn't featured on a Kanye song

>MCHG was good

Strong 8 as well. Very enjoyable production. I felt Jay was able to express what he wanted to with precision. Little filler, and I also love short punchy albums like this one.

yea it was..... not groundbreaking or anything but its an album that got meme hated on initially. Theres some fire on it

If there is an album for sale I'll buy it, if there is some gay streaming service I need to sign up for to hear it, Jay can go suck a dick. Once I can buy the FLAC version I will.

lmao last third of Jay Z Blue is better than your favorite rappers discog

I don't know who buys music from Tidal, but Sprint buys 33% stakes in Tidal for $200 million after Jay bought it for $60 million couple years ago so yeah..What a fucking stupid guy.

Nothing Jay has made can get anywhere to Doom's work.

lol this not brtter than the black album

Why do you think he made a song about financial regret in 4:44.
He fucking starts ranting about how all the Jews are richer than him. He obviously won't directly mention it but the song was obviously made in spite of tidal being nowhere near Spotify.

oh right I forgot it's all about the money and not the art. artist want his music to reach people? nah fuck that, exclusive wall so as few as possible can listen it.

fuck jay-z and fuck tidal.

lol we get it youve listened to a total of 4 hip hop albums pleb

But what if my 'favorite rappers discog' was Jay Z's and his best album didn't have that song?

How does this compare to 4'33?

It's fucking shit

wut

stop promoting your shitty thread

Jay is normie as fuck you cuck, I bet you listen to Hollywood undead with a Hugo Weaving mask on.
Doom>Jay

doom is equally as normie u fucking cunt mf doom is the go to rapper for every white hipster pleb... i bet your fav hip hop album is illmatic fucking kys ur self

Nah.

in fact the most pleb mine state is thinking just because a rapper broke into the mainstream he is "normie tier" u dum shit arrogant pig

I've never heard anything Nas has put out besides like 2 tracks off illmatic, he just seems uninteresting for me.
Besides, if you ask the average Crack-smoking, gun-wielding monkey on the corner in Ramona Park I garuntee you he'll know Jay over Doom.

He's more mainstream than doom, sorry user. Youre gonna have to "take the L" as the kids say.

lol i countered your counter before u even executed ur counter u fucking suck

lolwut

OP here, just finished my third listen.
Here's my overall impressions:
Production: 7/10

Mastering/overall engineering: 5/10 - made for streaming so it sounds like utter trash even in FLAC form.

Lyrics: 8/10 - Well thought out, good flow. classic J.

Quality/Quantity: 8/10 - very little filler, every song has a purpose.

Storytelling: 6.5/10 a little on the nose even for Jay, but largely compelling and interesting.

Final thoughts: Whole album was overall enjoyable, no tracks were particularly AMAZING but it wasn't terrible. Definately 4 or so tracks I'll add to my regular listening.

A normie is someone who embraces mainstream culture.

Hate to burst your underground bubble there Death Grips but Jay-Z is just as much a part of mainstream music as Beiber is.

who has a link??

Jay-Z makes dadrap.

He's boring as fuck and thinks he doesn't have to try just because he's a reddit tier easy go to rapper that you can't criticize because of hivemind.

If he wasn't already famous nobody would give a shit about this album.

I just don't get this dude. He's always been average at best. Why is he considered a hip-hop legend?

Nice meme

>board filled with autistic white social rejects
>confused why they can't relate to problack rap
Gee whizz this sure is an average album

No really. I don't get Jay-Z. Hip-hop has such a vibrant history and we people still praise the most uninspired man in the game? He's outclassed in pretty much every style he's tried.

Me again
This album was surprisingly good, huh. Glad I actually listened, thanks /u/

It's shit

WHAT THE FUCK IS THE SAMPLE ON MARCY ME ITS SO GOOD

he kinda established the rags to riches drug dealer thing (wasn't the first but the most notable) which made his raps harder hitting than others

double edged sword though because when he goes back to rapping about that while being a millionaire for the umpteenth time it gets stale and kinda stupid

true

Unfortunately this happened to me. I liked his old shit, tolerated the garbage, but when MCHG dropped....so did Jay from my list. MCHG was so bad i found myself not wanting to listen to him at all.

444.tidal.com | enter code "sprint"
they're literally giving it away for free, guys, you don't have to steal

About as artistic as a CNN story

woah woah what the fuck, it worked

Jesus fucking Christ

At least put some effort into your shilling

it really did my man

really strong album desu, emotional and shit. this is what I expected from Nas "Life is Good" album but that had too much filler.

also never expected him to shout out Bobby Shmurda, really did a double take on that one.

top tracks: "The Story of OJ", "Family Feud", "Caught Their Eyes"

overall #5 on my Jay album ranking, TBA > RD > BP > AG > 4:44

if a method involves interacting with tidal in even the smallest of ways it is objectively a shit method.

i'd rather download it somewhere else and avoid tidal altogether, thanks. you faggot shill.

DOOM is literally the go-to rapper for white teenagers. He's the hip-hop artist for people that don't listen to much hip hop at all.

So the "Sprint exclusive" deal was literally just telling people to type Sprint into Tidal. Wtf. This is some dumb shit.

you're stupid

Does anyone really believe anything written about this fake ass record?

more shilled than Hillary famalam

fuck off i'm a dark-skinned guy who listens to more hip hop than you probably do and DOOM is amazing. fuck you and your faggot identity politics you bizarro sjw.

This is correct

Other user is correct

Doom is p4k rap

fuck off you stupid shill faggot.

>durr just enter a code into tidal and give them data that they can use in the future

i give them nothing, cunt.

I didn't say DOOM was shit, simmer down. And who describes themselves as dark-skinned? We're black.

>what is 10minutemail.net
you're a special kind of stupid

t. white memekid

Jay-Zstein is a straight up joke.

even 10 minutes would be wasted on tidal desu

HAHAHAHA now i have to make a burner email just to give tidal free consumer data?

it's on viperial for free you literal moron.

holy shit, you're so fucking dense

you have to be a shill. there are so many easy ways to get this album in a few seconds so the fact that you keep weirdly pushing people toward tidal and saving face with
>durrr ur stupid
either means that you're shit as fuck at using the internet like a total reddit fuck or you are an actual shill at work right now.

get fucking prolapsed you shill faggot.

hollllyyy shittt

i didn't know stupidity of this caliber existed

I'm going to call this album his pirate bay exclusive and there's nothing he can do to stop me.

You're doing your best to come across as a tidal employee right now

>caring about how you pay for or don't pay for this straight up piece of propaganda posing as art

see

>you are so stupid please just put some consumer data into tidal okay just please

Tidal sucks.

Jay-Zberg has been corrupt for a long time now

Shills will shill this

fake news will abound

doom is over rated garbage for self describe "woke" niggas

you prolly think j cole is a visionary and kendrick is our generations tupac

doom is like immortal technque

that undrground name hat gets rinised by everyone who claims to be so cutting edge and with it cause theyre underground
oooooooooo

t. Schlomo Shillstein

(doom does suck though)

this ranking is atrocious

BP>RD>Black>Gangster>444>2>1>3>MCHG>BP2>BP3>Dynasty>Kingdom Come

i promise i'm literally just a dude who saw the link in another thread and spread the word that they're giving this shit for free, and i agree with other user that's it's fucking dumb

adding to my comment technically if you sign up for tidal now you have to have sprint to access it. if you're an long-term member, you don't have to have sprint. if you sign up today, you have to have sprint. but you can still just get it for free at that link ?? the whole thing is really fucking terrible

this made me realise that jay-z only has 4 good albums. the rest are forgettable or straight up trash.

>technically if you sign up for tidal now you have to have sprint to access it. if you're an long-term member, you don't have to have sprint. if you sign up today, you have to have sprint. but you can still just get it for free at that link ?? the whole thing is really fucking terrible
hi shill

you're really totally fooling us all

only the production was good. it was sad to see jay waste such damn good beats.

hi paranoid schizophrenic user, seek help

Well, it's Tidal. I kind of expected the rollout to be terrible. Have they done anything right yet? At least their fuck-up this time is to everyone's advantage instead.
What is your fucking obsession with shills? Do you honestly think Tidal thinks this Mongolian Basket Weaving forum populated by autistic white weebs that are going to pirate everything anyway is worth trying to viral on? Either use a burner email or grab it on slsk. No need to sperg out over a harmless post.

jay is tim duncan. not that flashiest, clearly not the best but so consistently good, it elevates him to legendary levels

nigga i'm brown, mr popo is black

I don't see brown on any census lists, you're black senpai

>hi paranoid schizophrenic user

He isn't a schizo for refusing to use Tidal. Even if it is free. Why use Tidal when it free elsewhere Tidal is for normies and Reddit drones. No one wants to support it in any way here.

>seek help

Seek a clue, shill.

4 more good albums than you kiddo