Why do people give a 10 to an album with such cringey angsty garbage lyrics?

Why do people give a 10 to an album with such cringey angsty garbage lyrics?

>Bang bang you’re dead hole in your head

seriously?

Why do I see this album posted at least twice every week?

>It's kind of strange and, um, kind of hard for me to talk about, but I thought maybe you could help. When we start getting physical, rather than having intercourse, he ends up just masturbating himself, and I end up feeling very alienated and unsatisfied and it's really come between us.
i guess you have never live through depression and sheeit my nigger

Gish [Caroline EP, 1991]

if you dig art-rock fantasia (and hey, why not?) this one has a nice, witchy wail to it ("Crush", "Daydream"). **

Siamese Dream [Virgin, 1993]

"Geek USA" *choice cuts*

Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness [Virgin, 1995]

"1979" *choice cuts*

Adore [Virgin, 1998] *bomb*

Machina [Virgin, 2000]

Galloping into the wasteland just in time to save the world from an onslaught of meaningless pop comes a genuine Rock Band caterwauling tunefully about Things That Matter: the death of God, the rain that falls on everyone, "a boy and a girl, simple yes but eternal always," and, most significant of all, hearing one's "favourite song" on the radio. Makes sense that at this moment in history Al Gore's spiritual megrims seem so much more fascinating than Billy Corgan's--Gore might actually affect our lives. But what can it mean that his vocal cadences are sexier? C+

Zeitgeist [Martha's Music, 2007] *bomb*

I USED TO BE A LITTLE BOYYY

because its good

Fool enough to almost be it
Cool enough to not quite see it

Silverfuck was actually a warning to Kurt about what Courtney would do to him if they stayed together.

Yeah I agree that SP are shit.

who wants that honey
as long as there is some money?

PINK RIBBON SCARS WILL NEVER FORGET
I TRIED SO HARD TO CLEANSE THESE REGRETS

I agree the lyrics are a bit shit, the music is good though

good lyrics

This album has the worst volume I've ever heard.

>the worst volume I've ever heard

I agree. The lyrics on this album are legitimately some of the worst I can think of in any music, ever. to find competitively poor lyrics one has to look at records by the likes of Slipknot and Nickelback. It doesn't help that Corgan can't sing for shit with his annoying, whiny voice.

The guitar work is alright but not mind blowing, as a lot of people seem to think. 90% of Corgan's sound comes from running octave chords through a Big Muff, a technique that could be performed by the average high school guitarist with ease. When he takes away the guitars for songs like Disarm, the music becomes nearly unlistenable.

On top of that the album is strikingly unoriginal, just piggybacking off of alt-rock trends at the time and not bringing a single new idea to the table.

Honestly, this album and the Smashing Pumpkins in general are tremendously overrated.

I was just listening to Cherub Rock and the lyrics make no fucking sense at all.

Love this song, Smashing Pumpkins could write some fucking sick ballads

alt rock is shit in general

It's Corgan taking the piss out of hipsters and holier than though indie fucks of the time

What a pity he eventually became the very thing he used to ridicule.

Adore and beyond were just Billy going "Ok I've made my money, I don't need to try anymore."

I bet he only liked Geek USA because it was fast.

hell no

Adore is a 9/10 album.

Machina era has so much music, and some of the best songs Corgan ever wrote. The main album suffered from mixing and mastering, but the quality was still there. Also suffered because the album was cobbled together after it was originally planned to be a double album

Yeah the Choice Cuts thing means that he only found one good song on the album and he recommends you just buy the single.

Billy's voice is pretty freaking bad.

Oh god, it's embarrassing to think I used to listen to Smashing Pumpkins and Korn when I was a suicidal edgy 15 year old. I put on that shit now and I think "Jesus Christ, what the fuck is this? Why did I think this was cool at one point?"

Disarm is the worst song on the album. You cannot refute this.

It's my favourite

These guys were like Led Zeppelin big for about a year and a half. I guess their music must have appealed to somebody.

led zeppeling big is pretty apt for the Mellon Collie era.

I still think Mellon Collie was the last true massively successful Rock record. I dont think any since has reached the level that record did as far as succeeding really worldwide. Corgan was the king of rock during those 2-3 years.

Its why his ego is as it is. He had the ambition to be kings, and he actually achieved it.

Disarm is one of the few songs I can't listen to because of the lyrics
>The killer in me is the killer in you
>Send this smile on over to you
What is this? Put this song to decent lyrics and it might leave an impact.

>I'm all by myself
>As I've always felt

>I still think Mellon Collie was the last true massively successful Rock record

American Idiot?

We had a certain rock group that was Led Zeppelin big in Britain during the same time period, but the less said about that band, the better. I'd trade them and their scum chav fanbase in a second for Smashing Pumpkins to be honest.

I SAID, MAYBE

Angsty teen lyrics were brand spanking new when this album came out. Its only the bands that copied it like Linkin Park, Korn and all the rest that ruined the edgy teen thing. Growing up did too. At the time it was great and the only thing you could relate to apart from Simpsons, Seinfeld and horror movies.

>Angsty teen lyrics were brand spanking new when this album came out

Critical acclaim is important too

I'LL SIIHhhNNGGG FOR U,,,;IF U WANT ME TOO

what is The Who - Behind Blue Eyes

these lyrics aren't bad you goobers