Ask a citizen of a pre-apocalyptic Republic(...

Ask a citizen of a pre-apocalyptic Republic(?) of Turkey and a member of a self glorified society who hates both sides anything thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=56HSPQHSqEE
youtube.com/watch?v=hn1VxaMEjRU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

can u e-mail me a shawarma plz

What is life like in a Muslim country, as a non-religious muslim? I'm sure many posters from Turkey are pretty screwed there

or you could just visit your local kabob shop İstanbul Döner round the corner. This way you'd also experience some high level unwanted minority small talk.

It's pretty standart actually. I've spent some time in Germany and the Netherlands during some internsips and seen most of the western Europe so I can compare and it's not like Turkey is that horrible -currently at least. Ofc you get your your daily doses of chaos and mishap but you get used to it.
It's far worse if you're a woman though, because the streets actually lurk with sex crazed young/old men you could do all sorts of things.
But you dont get called a non-religious if you dont hang around in those circles.

Bannerlords when?

If you live in west it is fine.But i dont know about the east parts since there is too much difference between us.

I quit gaming not so long ago. I only watch florryworry's streams of EU4 nowadays.

noted this is true. I only commented on the liveable parts of İstanbul, İzmir in general is fantastic also. It's probably not so good (though probably less than expected) in the eastern parts. And it's generally gang rivalry type tribal feuds.

taleworlds devs will get caught in a crossfire and die in the civil war near future
so, never

like the elder warlords would go down that easy. RTE would need descend upon them himself with his mad troll skills

the place where TaleWorlds originated from is my unii and this is the first school and professors to go down so probably never?

Oops forgot to (you).

so guessing Erdogan and folks keeping him in power for whatever reason are one side

is the other just everyone else or?

practically yes. The pro yes part consisted of the entire-ish AKP voters and a portion from the nationalist Turkish party. The no voters were Kemalists/Kurds/all non muslim minorities/and some from aforementioned yes parties' stray voters.
I voted no but I don't feel entrapped or like a civil war is coming.

why is every kebab man in finland from marmaris

why that one city

The jews did this?

Do you wear your sunglasses at night?

youtube.com/watch?v=56HSPQHSqEE

2 years ago I was in Alanya for a summer vocation. I was shocked by the number of Finnish/Norwegian tourists in the airport and the fact that there were direct flights from Alanya to Finland and Norway. Maybe it's caused not by us but by you. Maybe you guys have made a reputation around and the locals wanted to see your fjords.

It's a really accepted theory in Turkey that everything going on in the middle east is in fact a scheme by Israel in an attempt to reclaim their 'promised lands'. If the vote turned out to be a no there would possibly be millions of people claiming that. As a weaker Turkish authority would pave the way for an independent Kurdish state (puppeted by Israel?)
I don't wear sunglasses at night or any other time as they block my aryan brown eyes

how does erdogan plan to bring the economy back on track when people are in jail without being charged of a chrime and death penalty about to come?

MORE ROADS
MORE BRIDGES
MORE HOSPITALS
MORE MOSQUES

what do you think best dictator producer country a.k.a georgia ?

death penalty is a crowd pleaser nobody expects it to be even discussed. I've a broad insight upon the subject and I'd say only about a quarter of the population would actually support it if not faced with some extremely extreme circumstances.
The economy had seen better days but I don't expect the bubble to pop as the last growing figures still suggest that the country still has the best growth in Europe (not so sure) If need be they can always use black money from ISIS oil

this is actually what the country needs short term but we still need to establish some ground rules ofc.

my sister's family was visiting marmaris last year

they had some dry cleaning to pick up and ran into the language barrier
none of them spoke very good english, the guy wasn't much better and their turkish was limited to barking a couple basic phrases

after a lot of miming it turned out the dude spoke basically fluent finnish
he started the business with kebab money from his cousin in finland

they have been doing the same shit for 15 years now.
Some bureucratic improvements would be nice as well.

>death penalty
probably, death penalty is something in turkish history that keeps getting banned and revived.
A quarter of the population would be all for it, but i dont think anyone else (maybe than the kurds) would rally against it.

Trying to anticipate what we plan is plain stupid. Don't they understand that we have more than just one scenario at play?

I love you dearly because of Ray Charles, even though the song's about another Georgia. I like you guys though shame you're too mountainous and are being domineered by Ruskies

I really love this kind of moments about Turkish people.
"Turks really are amazing creatures, as I have said before. You can learn all that there is to know about their ways in a month, and yet after a hundred years they can still surprise you at a pinch." though not always in a good way, thats what makes this country so unique and full of life and laughter

>too mountanious
>implying thats a bad thing

>comfy mountains
>good wine
>good trade relations
>basically no bad feelings at this point
GREAT neighbour

do you ever think to yourself youtube.com/watch?v=hn1VxaMEjRU

there's a reason next11 countries are growing this fast, it's because they're unbound by 'burecratic improvements'. Turkey needs economic reforms but too much involvement in businesses would backfire. Erdoğan keeping his mouth shut, economy being handled by professional officals and playing along the global economy would be enough to ride the tide.
Have you tried shoveling rocks? It's not fertile and doesn't have much room to grow if you're not oil rich or a mountain jew